Toyota Innova Crysta Review & Pictures: Crystalline Innovation

@Duttan,
Ride quality is very good. Even in speed breakers(3 in a row ones) it is good. Default speed is 100kmph. Even at 120 car seems to like its doing 60.

If you are going for gx better go for hexa . If z is your choice go for 2.8. It is the perfect package. It is fully loaded unlike hexa and vfm compared to fortuner which sadly doesnt has captain seats in 2nd row. Below 40 lacs segment this is the best 7 seater package.

Some areas of improvement in 2.8 z are paddle shifters, proper 'S' mode in auto box, memory seats.
Since i am a Toyota Customer , i will always prefer the Toyota because of their reliability for the longer use . i cannot extended the to z because that was out of my budget . Also in the case of hexa i think it will take some time in the market so how the vehicle performs .

Also most of the vehicles has been upgraded to electric vehicles within a few years as per the current market trend . I am waiting about the hybrid of Toyota early 2018.

Also the government is deciding the ban the vehicles after 15 years . That makes me little concern regarding this matter since SIAM asked government to do so . Hexa is a better package but their reliability cant be tell now that was the main issue regarding the Hexa

Innova Crysta ground clearance.

In my new car buying process, we are considering Innova Crysta, but ground clearance was no where mentioned in the browser.

Today I visited Toyota showroom in Pune and saw underbody. I found that rear differential was the lowest part of the car. Then I asked SA about ground clearance. Reluctantly he told me that it is 170mm.

Again 170mm is unladen ground clearance. It will lower further under full capacity of the car. My question is whether this car is suitable for Leh Laddak terrain? Will rear differential take hit on uneven road?

Attachments

kkn13

Suspended
Re: Innova Crysta ground clearance.

Tough to say, Ive had my CRV rear differential hit bottom on a tall unassuming rock once and it was not pretty

But Ive seen older Innovas with bigger tyres and jacked up suspensions in NE states like Sikkim so it should be fine

I suggest seeing ownership reports where the said car has gone to Leh Ladakh

@ISO,
GC is more than 170mm. What teambhp says,

Everything looks & feels incredibly robust - built for abuse. Engine doesn't get a full underbody plate, yet there is adequate protection here. Official ground clearance rating is merely 167 mm, but don't be misled by that. Toyota has artificially kept it low just as Mahindra did with the XUV500 @ 160 mm. Reason? They save 3% excise duty (27% vs 30% for big UVs with 170 mm of GC). 3% on a 15 lakh car is Rs. 45,000! I put the Innova Crysta through some mild offroading and she didn't scrape anywhere:

Two months back bought Innova Crysta V model
Have done 4000+ km and pretty much satisfied with the driving experience , comfort and ride quality.
Did some aesthetic modification as to stand out from crowd.
1.Have installed mat black dual tone roof with red line wrap around the window line.
2.Have painted alloys mat black with red callipers and drum
3.On the tail have wrapped the tailgate and indicator with light black film ( coloured indicators lights are visible )
4. Window Shade's

2018-05-17-21-10-43~2-2.jpg
[Note: Black windows are edited , just how awesome it looks with tints.]
innova crysta new.jpg

NVH levels are very good and Car is giving more than 15km/l on highways , which is excellent.

Next mod's planned -
1.Seat Covers
2.Front Arm Rest Extension
3.GPS tracking
4.Transparent Sun Flim on Windscreen
5.Speakers

New Crysta updates!

Now,Crysta GX gets the following updates:

Cruise control ( AT only)
Speed-Sensing lock
Impact Sensing Door Unlock
Sunvisor w mirror/ lid
ORVM w/ Retract & Welcome light
Steering Switch MID, Audio Control, Telephone
Display Audio, Touch Screen, DVD, BT, Mic & Amplifier ( For Bluetooth Phone)

New features in Innova Crysta and Innova Touring Sport
• Anti-Theft Alarm with Glass Break and Ultrasonic Sensor
• Emergency Brake Signal
• Rear Fog Lamp
• Front LED Fog Lamp

Now,after seeing this,thinking to buy a Crysta GX AT as it costs Rs.6L than Z AT and compared to my 2011 Innova VX and other versions of Crysta,I will be missing front fog lamps,auto climate control,bigger MID(VX and Z),extra 4 airbags(Z) and 17 inch alloys(Z).But,if I buy GX AT,I would be getting fog lamps installed at showroom itself and get 17 inch aftermarket alloys and upgrade the interior to look like Z AT version.These cost me close to Rs.2L and would be saving around Rs.3-4L over Z AT.

Toyota Innova Crysta entry price reduced by Rs 38k – New base variant launched

Toyota Innova Crysta range has now got a new base variant in the form of G Plus. Only offered with diesel engine option, it comes with both 7 and 8 seater version. Toyota says that this is a made to order variant. Orders can now be placed at an authorized dealership near you.

toyota-innova-crysta-sales-price-delivery-record-3.jpg

Powering the new Innova Crysta G Plus is a 2.4 liter diesel engine, which delivers 150 PS and 343 Nm. It is mated to a 5 speed manual transmission. No automatic option is on offer with the new G Plus. Price of G Plus 7 str variant is Rs 15.57 lakh and that of 8 seater variant is Rs 15.62 lakhs. This means that it is cheaper by Rs 38,000, as compared to the previous base variant, GX MT. Prices are ex-sh.

Read:

Toyota Innova Crysta G Plus specs sheet detailed – Compared with GX variant

Toyota has launched a new variant of the Innova Crysta in India. Called the G Plus, the variant is positioned below the GX variant and is offered to both private and fleet buyers in the country. It is the new entry level variant of Innova Crysta line-up, making the entry price cheaper by Rs 38,000, as compared to before. Toyota Innova Crysta G Plus is presented in two variants at Rs 15.57 lakhs for the seven seat version, while the eight seat variant is priced at Rs 15.62 lakhs.

toyota-innova-crysta-sales-price-delivery-record-1.jpg

Read:

Top Bottom