Toyota Innova Crysta Review & Pictures: Crystalline Innovation

@Duttan,
Ride quality is very good. Even in speed breakers(3 in a row ones) it is good. Default speed is 100kmph. Even at 120 car seems to like its doing 60.

If you are going for gx better go for hexa . If z is your choice go for 2.8. It is the perfect package. It is fully loaded unlike hexa and vfm compared to fortuner which sadly doesnt has captain seats in 2nd row. Below 40 lacs segment this is the best 7 seater package.

Some areas of improvement in 2.8 z are paddle shifters, proper 'S' mode in auto box, memory seats.
Since i am a Toyota Customer , i will always prefer the Toyota because of their reliability for the longer use . i cannot extended the to z because that was out of my budget . Also in the case of hexa i think it will take some time in the market so how the vehicle performs .

Also most of the vehicles has been upgraded to electric vehicles within a few years as per the current market trend . I am waiting about the hybrid of Toyota early 2018.

Also the government is deciding the ban the vehicles after 15 years . That makes me little concern regarding this matter since SIAM asked government to do so . Hexa is a better package but their reliability cant be tell now that was the main issue regarding the Hexa

Innova Crysta ground clearance.

In my new car buying process, we are considering Innova Crysta, but ground clearance was no where mentioned in the browser.

Today I visited Toyota showroom in Pune and saw underbody. I found that rear differential was the lowest part of the car. Then I asked SA about ground clearance. Reluctantly he told me that it is 170mm.

Again 170mm is unladen ground clearance. It will lower further under full capacity of the car. My question is whether this car is suitable for Leh Laddak terrain? Will rear differential take hit on uneven road?

Attachments

kkn13

Suspended
Re: Innova Crysta ground clearance.

Tough to say, Ive had my CRV rear differential hit bottom on a tall unassuming rock once and it was not pretty

But Ive seen older Innovas with bigger tyres and jacked up suspensions in NE states like Sikkim so it should be fine

I suggest seeing ownership reports where the said car has gone to Leh Ladakh

@ISO,
GC is more than 170mm. What teambhp says,

Everything looks & feels incredibly robust - built for abuse. Engine doesn't get a full underbody plate, yet there is adequate protection here. Official ground clearance rating is merely 167 mm, but don't be misled by that. Toyota has artificially kept it low just as Mahindra did with the XUV500 @ 160 mm. Reason? They save 3% excise duty (27% vs 30% for big UVs with 170 mm of GC). 3% on a 15 lakh car is Rs. 45,000! I put the Innova Crysta through some mild offroading and she didn't scrape anywhere:

Two months back bought Innova Crysta V model
Have done 4000+ km and pretty much satisfied with the driving experience , comfort and ride quality.
Did some aesthetic modification as to stand out from crowd.
1.Have installed mat black dual tone roof with red line wrap around the window line.
2.Have painted alloys mat black with red callipers and drum
3.On the tail have wrapped the tailgate and indicator with light black film ( coloured indicators lights are visible )
4. Window Shade's

2018-05-17-21-10-43~2-2.jpg
[Note: Black windows are edited , just how awesome it looks with tints.]
innova crysta new.jpg

NVH levels are very good and Car is giving more than 15km/l on highways , which is excellent.

Next mod's planned -
1.Seat Covers
2.Front Arm Rest Extension
3.GPS tracking
4.Transparent Sun Flim on Windscreen
5.Speakers

New Crysta updates!

Now,Crysta GX gets the following updates:

Cruise control ( AT only)
Speed-Sensing lock
Impact Sensing Door Unlock
Sunvisor w mirror/ lid
ORVM w/ Retract & Welcome light
Steering Switch MID, Audio Control, Telephone
Display Audio, Touch Screen, DVD, BT, Mic & Amplifier ( For Bluetooth Phone)

New features in Innova Crysta and Innova Touring Sport
• Anti-Theft Alarm with Glass Break and Ultrasonic Sensor
• Emergency Brake Signal
• Rear Fog Lamp
• Front LED Fog Lamp

Now,after seeing this,thinking to buy a Crysta GX AT as it costs Rs.6L than Z AT and compared to my 2011 Innova VX and other versions of Crysta,I will be missing front fog lamps,auto climate control,bigger MID(VX and Z),extra 4 airbags(Z) and 17 inch alloys(Z).But,if I buy GX AT,I would be getting fog lamps installed at showroom itself and get 17 inch aftermarket alloys and upgrade the interior to look like Z AT version.These cost me close to Rs.2L and would be saving around Rs.3-4L over Z AT.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Toyota Innova Crysta entry price reduced by Rs 38k – New base variant launched

Toyota Innova Crysta range has now got a new base variant in the form of G Plus. Only offered with diesel engine option, it comes with both 7 and 8 seater version. Toyota says that this is a made to order variant. Orders can now be placed at an authorized dealership near you.

toyota-innova-crysta-sales-price-delivery-record-3.jpg

Powering the new Innova Crysta G Plus is a 2.4 liter diesel engine, which delivers 150 PS and 343 Nm. It is mated to a 5 speed manual transmission. No automatic option is on offer with the new G Plus. Price of G Plus 7 str variant is Rs 15.57 lakh and that of 8 seater variant is Rs 15.62 lakhs. This means that it is cheaper by Rs 38,000, as compared to the previous base variant, GX MT. Prices are ex-sh.

Read:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Toyota Innova Crysta G Plus specs sheet detailed – Compared with GX variant

Toyota has launched a new variant of the Innova Crysta in India. Called the G Plus, the variant is positioned below the GX variant and is offered to both private and fleet buyers in the country. It is the new entry level variant of Innova Crysta line-up, making the entry price cheaper by Rs 38,000, as compared to before. Toyota Innova Crysta G Plus is presented in two variants at Rs 15.57 lakhs for the seven seat version, while the eight seat variant is priced at Rs 15.62 lakhs.

toyota-innova-crysta-sales-price-delivery-record-1.jpg

Read:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
2019 Toyota Innova Crysta Diesel Launched In India; Prices Start At ₹ 14.93 Lakh

Toyota India has updated its bestseller in India- the Innova Crysta. The Innova Crysta range now starts at ₹ 14.93 Lakh and goes up to ₹ 22.43 Lakh while the Innova Touring Sport range starts at ₹ 18.92 Lakh and go all the way up to ₹ 23.47 lakh. The Innova Crysta is the market leader in its segment and its diesel variants are now updated with more features and upmarket interiors in a bid to tackle the competition better and stick to its segment-leader position.

Read:

Returning late from my trip on 30th Mar 2019, i was very much impressed by the way an Innova drove (not a Taxi).

By the time i left A2B Petrol Pump (near Thoppur Toll Plaza in Salem - Dharmapuri - Krishnagiri road), it was well past 11:00 night and i wanted to reach my Home early, good 180 odd kilometers away at B'lore North. My habit is to join a "traffic-free road" and gradually pick up speed. As i waited, i spotted an MUV with fancy blue-white lights go past; the lights caught my attention. After every halt, it always takes about 3-4 minutes, for me to reach my desired speeds. Soon, i breezed past the MUV with same fancy lights, doing about 120-130 kph; noticed that it was an Innova.

The Innova started racing me. i don't like to be a sweeper car to others, so i out-accelerated the Innova and disappeared. In this section of the 2+2 Lane NH44, no matter what speeds you do, you end up behind a "group of trucks blocking you completely" once every few kilometers. The Innova caught up with me, when i was blocked. Again i out-accelerated, disappeared and settled at stupid speed...but the Innova was back. This went on for about 50 odd kilometers BUT every single time the Innova was back behind me and matched whatever speed i was doing.

For an MUV with high Center of Gravity, the Innova did pretty well to race a low slung Sedan. The Driver was the only occupant and THAT could be reason he was pushing the Innova; i have to give it to him, he properly slowed down at Curves. Kudos to the Driver & Innova for that enjoyable race [clap] ... This composure at speeds and Toyota's reliability could be the reasons why Innova sells in such high numbers [cheers]

Footnote: i lost the Innova at Krishnagiri, as i turned towards B'lore ... he could have stopped at K'giri or headed towards Chennai.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Toyota Innova BS6 launch price, engines, variants – 2.8 D discontinued

toyota-innova-bs6-launch-price-india.jpg

Today, Toyota has announced the launch of BS6 compliant Toyota Innova Crysta and Touring Sport, which also marks the 15th anniversary of Innova in India. It is offered in petrol and diesel variants and in MT and AT variants and priced between Rs. 15,36,000 and Rs. 24,06,000. These are introductory prices, ex-sh Delhi. Detailed pricing of each variant will be revealed soon. Compared to BS4 prices, BS6 prices are about Rs 1.12 lakhs higher.

Deliveries will commence from the end of February or early March as the automaker wishes to ensure that BS6 fuel is available across the country prior to its BS6 models hitting the road.

The BS6 Innova Crysta is opened for bookings at Rs.50,000 at dealerships across India. The bookings open at a celebratory price for a limited period while customer orders are for a limited number. This means, that the above mentioned BS6 Innova prices are for a limited period, and the prices will be increased once the set numbers of sales are achieved.

Read:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Toyota Innova Crysta Leadership Edition Launched At Rs. 21.21 Lakh

image (1).png

Toyota Kirloskar Motor has launched a new ‘Leadership Edition’ variant for the Innova Crysta MPV to celebrate its dominance and success in the MPV space. The said trim is launched with a dual-tone paint scheme, but will only be available with two colours – White Pearl with Black roof and Wildfire Red with Black roof.

BS6-Toyota-Innova-Crysta.jpg

The changes are not limited to just visual enhancements as it gets 360-degree parking camera along with auto-folding ORVMs over the VX trim. On the exterior front, Innova Crysta Leadership Edition gets additional chrome application around the car, and of course, the said variant also flaunt ‘Leadership Edition’ badges here and there. It should also be noted that this trim will be offered for a limited time only, and is available for a booking amount of Rs 50,000.

On the safety front, the Innova Crysta gets ABS with EBD, Hill-Start Assist Control, Vehicle Stability Control, 7 airbags, and rear parking sensors as well. Toyota currently retails the Innova Crysta at a base price of Rs 15.36 lakh, which goes up to Rs 23.02 lakh (both prices, ex-showroom).

Read:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Toyota Innova Crysta Updated With More Standard Safety Features

toyota-innova-crysta-touring-sport_827x510_41506438001.jpg

Toyota India has silently updated the 2020 Innova Crysta, and now the MPV will come with more safety features as part of standard fitment. As per the updated list posted on the company's website, the Toyota Innova Crysta will now offer Vehicle Stability Control and Hill Start Assist Control across all variants. Earlier, both these safety features were only offered with the top-end ZX variant. This is, of course, in addition to the existing standard safety features like - ABS with EBD, height-adjustable seatbelts with pretensioners and load limiters, ISOFIX seat mounts, and seatbelt warning.

In terms of other safety features, Toyota Innova Crysta comes with 3 airbags in the GX Manual, GX Automatic, and VX Manual variant, while the top-end ZX variant comes with 7 airbags, 3-point seatbelts for all seats, and Immobilizer + Siren + Ultrasonic Sensor + Glass Break Sensor. However, the rest of the features remain unchanged. Both the manual and automatic GX variants are offers in 7-/8-seat layout, the mid-sped VX and top-end ZX trim come with 7-seat cabin layout with captain seats for the second row as standard.

Source: carandbike.com

Top Bottom