Toyota Innova Crysta Review & Pictures: Crystalline Innovation

Anybody has got any links from where I can download the Owner's Manual for Innova Crysta Deisel ? I googled it but I could not find the same anywhere.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Anybody has got any links from where I can download the Owner's Manual for Innova Crysta Diesel ? I googled it but I could not find the same anywhere.

Thanks in advance.
Toyota owner manuals are difficult to get through online . Check whether get the Indonesia based innova crysta owner manual will available on net.

I am planning to book Innova Crysta ZX MT 7S from Mumbai. Contacted multiple dealers but no dealer is ready to sell without Depot Charges. Some dealers are not ready to even sell without a 24k accessories package. This is strange. For Depot charges, I think that only Toyota Dealers are charging that amount separately but Tata for HEXA and Mahindra for XUV500 are not charging any handling or depot charges. I have complained to Toyota help line number and awaiting the reaction as of now. Anybody else has passed through such experience. I know that handling charges are illegal and so I was not expecting such behavior from Toyota Dealers. I am surprised to know that dealers are not ready to remove 10k depot charges for a car costing 25Lac on road in Mumbai. All dealers are giving the same explanation that you will get the receipt for it. They are also stating that all the car dealers are charging this and they include it as part of Ex showroom price so customer end up paying taxes on that amount as well. They further explained that Toyota is showing it separately so that customer save some money on road tax and insurance etc. [anger]

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Buddies,

Toyota Kirloskar Motor launch the all new Innova Touring Sport starting at Rs. 17,79,000 (Ex-Showroom)

ts-1_tcm34-117601.jpg

ts-front_tcm34-117603.jpg

New Delhi, May 04th, 2017: Toyota Kirloskar Motor today announced the launch of all new Innova Touring Sport - a dynamic and sporty offering, for the first time from the brand Innova. As an MPV with a SUV-like styling, the new Innova Touring Sport is a blend of dynamic exterior design, sporty interiors along with superior safety and performance features. The Innova Touring Sport makes a distinguished statement with adynamic new design that’s aimed at people who prefer a distinctive style.

Emphasizing on sporty design, the new Innova Touring Sport comes with a perfect combination of design elements. The all-black front grille gives a distinct appearance and together with the smoked chrome headlamps and front bumper spoiler adds to the style quotient of the car. The red stitches on seat and console box along with the exclusive red illumination combimeter lends a sporty look and feel inside the cabin. The Innova Touring Sport will be offered in a new colour- Wildfire (Red) along with White Pearl Crystal Shine.

In terms of performance, the Innova Touring Sport carries forward the performance strength of the Innova Crysta. The Innova Touring Sport is available in two diesel engines and one petrol engine.

The 2.8 L diesel engine is offered with a 6 speed automatic transmission with sequential shift, while the 2.4 L diesel engine is offered with a 5 speed manual transmission. The petrol variant of Innova Touring Sport is available with a 2.7 L engine offered with 6 speed automatic transmission along with sequential shift and a 5 speed manual transmission.

Present at the launch, Mr. N. Raja, Director & Senior Vice President (Sales & Marketing) Toyota Kirloskar Motor said “We are glad to introduce the Innova Touring Sport which is the flagship model from the Innova stable. Brand Innova has maintained its No. 1 position in the segment ever since its launch in 2005 and the Innova Crysta continued this legacy. The Innova Touring Sport enhances the same brand equity by offering a distinct style to a market that wants both the comfort and feel of a MPV and the style of a SUV, thereby enhancing customer delight.

We have paid significant attention to styling and the overall look. The new Innova Touring Sport has been conceptualized, designed and developed to symbolize a modern and sporty MPV with a distinguished statement for the young and modern customers. We are confident that the Innova Touring Sport will set new benchmarks in this competitive segment.

Launch of Innova Touring Sport also marks another milestone for Toyota in India as the Innova Crysta successfully completes its first anniversary in India. The Innova Crysta has received an overwhelming response and has sold more than 85,000 units in just one year of its launch in India. The MPV segment has always been dominated by Toyota products be it the Qualis back in 1997 and later the Innova since 2005. The brand Innova has maintained its leadership positioning in India and this has been further enhanced by the Innova Crysta launched this very day last year. The Innova Crysta has become a household name and today as we celebrate its one year anniversary in India, we would like to thank our loyal customers for their persistent support and trust in brand Innova.

As a brand that is always listening to its customers we realized that the market is looking for something more to differentiate, and the new Innova Touring Sport fulfils the customer and market requirement of an MPV with the styling like SUV. The Innova Touring Sport makes a distinguished statement with a dynamic new design that’s aimed at people who have a distinctive taste &style. The new Touring Sport combines sporty design, advanced technology and sophistication that are bound to delight our customers. We are certain that with this new offering from Toyota, we willfurther enhance the brand’s appeal in India”, he further added.

Competitively priced in the range of Rs. 17,79,000 to Rs. 22,15,500 (Ex-showroom Delhi) booking deliveries will begin from today.
Regards

Akash

Crysta owners,

How much FE are you getting on your Crysta 2.8AT and 2.4MT?Wanted to know about it coz my dad's friend,who bought Crysta 2.4Z almost a month ago replacing his 2008 Innova,said its giving 12 Kmpl in city whereas on highways,it would give 14 Kmpl as per dealer and this car has run more than 2500 Kms in almost a month.If its real,then its hard to resist.Already 2 of my dad's friends own Crysta Z AT whereas another colleague owns Crysta GX AT whereas another person owns Crysta VX MT since 2016.

We had booked one for ourselves after launch but had to cancel it due to personal reasons and bought a used 2011 Innova from the person,who bought 2017 Crysta 2.4Z MT who replaced his 2008 Innova,yes you heard it right.He used to have 2 Innovas until last year when he sold the 2011 Innova to us and bought a Fortuner(old gen) in 2016 and sold his emotionally attached 2008 Innova by exchanging it for Crysta 2.4Z recently.

If we have to replace our Innova,then Crysta would be the replacement for our 2011 Innova.But confused whether we should go for AT or MT.I know that AT would give the same FE as our 2011 Innova gives now and MT gives slightly better FE than our 2011 Innova.But,this is not gonna happen for another 1.5-2 years coz we already bought a Honda City and Innova is hardly used as of now since the arrival of City.

Last edited:
Toyota to launch Mild Hybrid Technology in Crysta

The Japanese manufacturer seems to be taking a dig at the Touring Sport once again as it will be receiving mild hybrid technology by next month.
The Z AT variants will feature LED foglamps instead of normal units while the six-speed automatic trims will get the idle start and stop technology. In the manual VX trim, the Touring Sport will be offered with a six-speed gearbox as opposed to current five-speed unit. It will also gain idle start and stop with Vehicle Stability Control, Traction Control, Hill Assistance Control and Intelligent Manual Transmission. Moreover, another additional feature is the audio being replaced by navigation.

The manual and automatic Z variants along with VX MT will witness the addition of LED fog lamps. However, unlike the Touring Sport, the idle start and stop technology won’t be made available in the Innova Crysta. The VX MT will also opt for navigation in place of the normal audio.

The GX AT and MT gain a slew of new features like driver seat height adjustment, door ajar warning with each door display, rear cup holder and rear armrest in the eight seater version. The entry-level manual G trims will come fitted with rear seat air conditioning system.

https://gaadiwaadi.com/toyota-innova-touring-sport-mild-hybrid-848755/

music swift,
2.8z AT gives mileage of 10kmph when driven at 100-120kmph in normal mode. If driven in eco mode gently on highways around 80-100 it gives 12- 14kmph.

music swift,
2.8z AT gives mileage of 10kmph when driven at 100-120kmph in normal mode. If driven in eco mode gently on highways around 80-100 it gives 12- 14kmph.
Thanks for the inputs Chevrolet.But we might not buy the Crysta now as we bought an Honda City a month ago and will be replacing our old Innova with Crysta AT or Creta AT by next year.

New updates of Crysta

Finally,Toyota has updated the features in Crysta with an increase of nearly ₹1L(Touring sport).

Now Crysta Touring Sport VX MT costs ₹23.5L with accessories and extended warranty.Without these,it would cost ₹23L and Touring Sport Z AT costs ₹26.4L with accessories and extended warranty.Without these,it would cost ₹25.9L.

If Touring Sport MT with idle start stop system gives around 14-16 Kmpl on highways,we might sell our 2011 Innova VX for a Pearl White Touring Sport VX MT in few months as my dad needs mileage more than performance and is more interested in buying this as it has mild hybrid system(idle start stop button now).

And,Toyota has again added 17 inch alloys in Z MT and AT versions and Touring Sport versions.

Attachments

Last edited:
Re: New updates of Crysta

Finally,Toyota has updated the features in Crysta with an increase of nearly ₹1L(Touring sport).

Now Crysta Touring Sport VX MT costs ₹23.5L with accessories and extended warranty.Without these,it would cost ₹23L and Touring Sport Z AT costs ₹26.4L with accessories and extended warranty.Without these,it would cost ₹25.9L.

If Touring Sport MT with idle start stop system gives around 14-16 Kmpl on highways,we might sell our 2011 Innova VX for a Pearl White Touring Sport VX MT in few months as my dad needs mileage more than performance and is more interested in buying this as it has mild hybrid system(idle start stop button now).

And,Toyota has again added 17 inch alloys in Z MT and AT versions and Touring Sport versions.
Try to buy the automatic variant not go for manual since within 3 years all most all the cars in India will have the automatic variant and also in future there will be an resale only for the automatic variant.

Thanks for the detailed information with picture .

There will be an another major update for the Innova before 2018 oct , before the crash test of the Indian vehicles became legal .

Re: New updates of Crysta

Try to buy the automatic variant not go for manual since within 3 years all most all the cars in India will have the automatic variant and also in future there will be an resale only for the automatic variant.

Thanks for the detailed information with picture .

There will be an another major update for the Innova before 2018 oct , before the crash test of the Indian vehicles became legal .
Will look at AT too but ₹3L difference is making us to go for MT as Touring Sport AT costs close to ₹26L whereas I Touring Sport costs ₹23L whereas Innova Crysta Z AT regular one costs ₹24.5L without accessories and extended warranty in Hyderabad and there is a ₹1.5L difference between normal Z AT and Touring Sport AT and ₹2L difference between normal VX MT and Touring Sport MT and ₹10k difference between Touring Sport MT and Z MT.

Except for 6mt and vsc others are not a big upgrade. Start/stop is an annoying thing in such vehicles. The car rocks everytime engine cranks.In scorpio it was annoying.

2. Why is zt touring AT getting 6at gearbox a feature, isnt it already there?

3. I bought 2.8z after gst, so it seems like vfm with the price rise.

4. Still vx and gx cant stop hexa effect. O

1.Instead they could have given AT in vx.

2. Reduce price of gx.

3. Give curtain and side airbags as optional in vx.

4. If above are done then zx at should be getting paddle shifters, memory setting in electronic seat adjustment, Hybrid tech.

Last edited:
Except for 6mt and vsc others are not a big upgrade. Start/stop is an annoying thing in such vehicles. The car rocks everytime engine cranks.In scorpio it was annoying.

2. Why is zt touring AT getting 6at gearbox a feature, isnt it already there?

3. I bought 2.8z after gst, so it seems like vfm with the price rise.

4. Still vx and gx cant stop hexa effect. O

1.Instead they could have given AT in vx.

2. Reduce price of gx.

3. Give curtain and side airbags as optional in vx.

4. If above are done then zx at should be getting paddle shifters, memory setting in electronic seat adjustment, Hybrid tech.
The toyota will not add features since they will provide all these in higher variants in order to get more and more bookings for the higher variant rather than lower gx . since in the GX automatic variant it costs about 20 lakh and even without a stereo and even without a good seating material .

So they wont add too much accessory to their lower variants .

How was your ride ? Having the Toyota 2.8 Z . I have a qualis and i am still have the mind to buy innova but the GX automatic does not give the enough features for to buy it . I am stiil in confusion and since the Innova hybrid will launch later in this year and i am still waiting for that .

@Duttan,
Ride quality is very good. Even in speed breakers(3 in a row ones) it is good. Default speed is 100kmph. Even at 120 car seems to like its doing 60.

If you are going for gx better go for hexa . If z is your choice go for 2.8. It is the perfect package. It is fully loaded unlike hexa and vfm compared to fortuner which sadly doesnt has captain seats in 2nd row. Below 40 lacs segment this is the best 7 seater package.

Some areas of improvement in 2.8 z are paddle shifters, proper 'S' mode in auto box, memory seats.

Last edited:

Top Bottom