Toyota Innova Crysta Review & Pictures: Crystalline Innovation

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta: Pictorial Review

Sleek yet large ORVMs offer excellent rear visibility.

And they are biker friendly too.
Excellent Review, Thanks TSIVipul.

The earlier models are not friendly to bikes. If a quick back-front movement/vibration, it will come out of its place. It is costly too. Not repairable, just replace it. Around 20,000RS.

It happened to my Fortuner on the third day of purchase. I have to replace the whole unit. The parts are not available at the dealer. We have to place an on-line order.

Excellent review Vipul, well deserved 5 stars buddy.
You covered every smallest of details about new innova crysta which gives perfect glance for this vehicle.One thing i am highly disappointed is no dead peddal on manual drives,with such high costs i am sure a dead pedal would not have costed toyota much.Its a sore miss in this vehicle.

Thread Starter #21
Thanks a lot for appreciating, gentlemen.

@bhvm
Maybe you are right, having an extensive experience of the previous car, as well as this segment, helped a lot.

@Mathew
In case a close moving vehicle hits, that will still damage the ORVM. Motorcycle handles are not high enough, to hit the ORVM of these cars. But, the rider himself/herself can easily do; and escape saying sorry. IMO, VAG cars are best in this regard, even the ORVMs also also well built on their cars. I have had a first hand experience of Polo Vs Verna ORVM collision.

@vijay
There is a dead pedal, a piece of plastic stuck in the mat :biggrin:
Maybe Toyota guys have taken the numbers too seriously. They indeed could have given a proper dead pedal, everyone now knows that thay are making fat profit per Innova crysta, it's not for no reason the highest revenue generating car of India for 2016.

What could be the reason Toyota not launching petrol varients with Camry's hybrid engine? Toyota had a chance to localise the engine and use it for crysta and fortuner. This could have also solved the fuel efficiency problem for both vehicles.

What could be the reason Toyota not launching petrol varients with Camry's hybrid engine? Toyota had a chance to localise the engine and use it for crysta and fortuner. This could have also solved the fuel efficiency problem for both vehicles.
I think it will cost huge amount to invest in the Hybrid section, Presently Camry engine was imported not manufactured in India

another Reason will be the less availability of the charge point for the vehicle in India

For next 5 years , Toyota has no option to introduce Innova Hybrid .

Last edited:
Could that be mild hybrid like ciaz?This would have been segment first for Toyota and they are good at that, examples present inhouse 1.innova launch no competition 2 Camry hybrid launch demand is more than they hoped for .

Could that be mild hybrid like ciaz?This would have been segment first for Toyota and they are good at that, examples present inhouse 1.innova launch no competition 2 Camry hybrid launch demand is more than they hoped for .
I think Toyota does not have go for the Mild Hybrid , if they have any idea they will brought that it into the current Innova before launching . some how they will be currently on the way to make this current innova Euro 6 which is a tendeous job the toyota have to do for the all currently running vehicles .

Finally the review goes live! Great write-up Vipul! I really like this car and it ticks all the boxes for us as the next car but 25 big ones for the top end diesel is simply way to exorbitant. Price and that slow gearbox aside, I love this vehicle.

Here is an attempt of a video review I made for the Innova Crysta:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up_ikwecKxI

A bit OT but 2 Questions:

2) What's QuickShift?

Regards

Akash
2. - just something a friend and me started to keep the passion going.
Best wishes Quickshift.club, and type-r.

Good attempt. Narration all right, no issues.
Try to test-drive Lexus or Landcruiser series of Toyota Vehicles. Then drive back Innova Crysta!!

Top Bottom