Toyota Fortuner Coming; Now launched!

Thread Starter #16

350Z

Core Team
Toyota Fortuner a Titanic Hit; Booking Closed for 7 Months!

Is this good news or bad news? We really can’t say.

The Toyota Fortuner has surpassed all expectations in India. Prior to the launch, TKM claimed 2,500-odd bookings were recorded and merely days after its launch, it says bookings are shut, thanks to the earth-to-moon long queue.
Toyota says it has received 3,100 orders for the vehicle, a lot more than the monthly manufacturing capability of 550 vehicles in Bidadi, where it also makes the Corolla and Innova.

The CKDs arrive in India from Thailand and Toyota does not have a second plant to shift assembly. It says it will be working to touch the monthly mark of 600 Fortuners to restart bookings as early as possible

Source: IAB

350Z

I will defintely say this is good news for toyota & Bad News for Fortuner Lovers !

But this is really unimaginable mark for toyota, even without getting Fortuner in Showrooms :-)

Thread Starter #18

350Z

Core Team
Absolutely correct Zinam.
Now I've got the answer to my question :

"Will the fortuner change the fortunes of Toyota Kirloskar?:

And the answer is Yes. [:)]

350Z

it has indeed in a very big way, fortuner has tasted success in a big way which is why the company had to close its bookings.Just one thing i feel is that they should have given more of upmarket feel in its interiors as well its packaging, a 3.0D motor and 4WD isnt all one needs as added to innova for 20L package.

Now time for Toyota to produce more fortuners. I heard that Toyota is working on a new SUV in the 15 lacs range.
what CC i dont feel they would come out with new SUV in your said price range, then its own fortuner would be sufferer, right now toyota needs to give market a hatchback which is lacking in their segment and a sedan below 10lac range, as it just have altis along with innova and suv now.

Top Bottom