Toyota Etios Touches One Lakh Sales Mark

Even for the interiors,toyota has a very reputed image when it comes to quality, not just me but many people i have heard saying at their showroom when they were checking out these etios sisters, is this toyota, why such interiors, atleast for the first gen grey interiors, also along on V and above variants, i have personally seen the red paint from their gear slot chirping off within the display vehicle[frustration],not a familier thing to see from toyota, which has affected them and it shows as well.

+100 buddy, but believe me they must be seriously working on the changes, but once a car gets some image like bad interiors are something, it will take time to erase such things from buyers mind as I have seen the same case with some other cars, hope for Toyota it will be a different story and get succeeded with the changes [:)]
A lot depends on their marketing. And in my personal opinion, Toyota needs to learn a leaf or two from Hyundai and Maruti. They need to be much more aggressive in their marketing, especially with their Etios vehicles. Even now, the game is not completely lost. The new beige interiors are a welcome improvement to their interior quality. Also when 60% of the car population of India are fine living with interiors of the likes of Alto, Wagon R, Estilo and the likes, am sure Toyota can strategically place their Etios vehicles in the right price bracket and the given features.

This is how they currently stand -

Engine & Reliability - Premium
Exterior - Good
Interior plastic quality and built - Below Average
Space & comfort - Premium
Interior features - Below Average

So looking at the above, its very much clear that their only focus area should be interiors, interiors and interiors quality. The new beige interiors are their 1st step in the right direction. They should carry forward this initiative with introducing door beadings and a slight better improvement to their interior plastic grade. Also if they can reduce the price a bit and stack rank the pricing in this below order, their selling should start picking up as otherwise its a wonderful car to own and drive given their fuss free maintenance and excellent after sales services

Stack rank of cars in the B2 segment hatch (price wise - low to high) -
Tata Indica
I10
Honda Brio
Ritz
Ford Figo
Toyota Etios Liva -
Indica Vista (for 90 BHP)
Polo
I20
Punto
Fabia
Jazz

If you have seen the first gen etios, or if someone own it, have a look with opening the bonnet, inside the bonnet you wont find the sound insulation dampening sheet fitted there, they started it on the second generations and there on, which was why more of the NHV levels complaining is for this car.They did it on diesel variant when launched but on petrol it was completely missing.

If you have seen the first gen etios, or if someone own it, have a look with opening the bonnet, inside the bonnet you wont find the sound insulation dampening sheet fitted there, they started it on the second generations and there on, which was why more of the NHV levels complaining is for this car.They did it on diesel variant when launched but on petrol it was completely missing.
Yes, glad that they corrected it in the next generation vehicles. The NVH levels in my car is within permissible limits of tolerence [:)]

Hi Anand_953

I also own Etios for more than two years now and see only one issue - Noise level in the cabin. Its mainly the tyre noise that penetrates. Else its really nice and comfortable for a heighted person like me as well. Recently had been from Pune BLR Pune trip and it was so comforatable that during return journey I did not take break and reach Pune at 7.30 pm where I had started from BLR at 6.30 am!! its was not tiring at all!!

Shanks

Hi Anand_953

I also own Etios for more than two years now and see only one issue - Noise level in the cabin. Its mainly the tyre noise that penetrates. Else its really nice and comfortable for a heighted person like me as well. Recently had been from Pune BLR Pune trip and it was so comforatable that during return journey I did not take break and reach Pune at 7.30 pm where I had started from BLR at 6.30 am!! its was not tiring at all!!

Shanks
Yes Shanks. From a comfort and drivability standpoint, i find no issues with this Car. For that matter, like you, i have never felt tired driving this vehicle no matter how long the journey is. While approaching office or home, i only feel dissapointed that my drive will soon be ending. [:)] the steering, maneourabiliy, brakes and gear shifts are top notch. At lest on these factors, the Etios siblings are a perfect Toyota make. no doubt.

Yes, for the same reasons and the price I said no to Polo, I never like cramped feeling and always love to have more head room like a SUV[:)]. I am very comfortably sit in the driving seat of my Ritz without pulling it back and has very good head room, hence I have gone for it finally though it has good amount of body roll in the corners
This is very strange for a German car. Since Europeans are relatively taller, they should have designed it appropriately. [:)]

Coming back to Etios, I am hoping that when I do the first tire change, by switching to softer tires, the road noise will come down.

Also, would request Etios owners to given written feedback when they go to service centres.

I had given a written feedback where I noted suspension noise and lack of rubber beading. Looks like, they have taken care of the first topic. [clap]

This is very strange for a German car. Since Europeans are relatively taller, they should have designed it appropriately. [:)]

Coming back to Etios, I am hoping that when I do the first tire change, by switching to softer tires, the road noise will come down.

Also, would request Etios owners to given written feedback when they go to service centres.

I had given a written feedback where I noted suspension noise and lack of rubber beading. Looks like, they have taken care of the first topic. [clap]
Suspension problem has been taken care of by Toyota in the Etios vehicles. They are installing a SPACER too if anyone is facing it even now. But the next thing they need to take care of is the Door rubber beading. If that is not installed, the road noice issue won't be solved.

Got the suspension replaced in my etios. Details are in my ownership thread.

Next, Toyota should provide the rubber beading for the doors.[:)]

Thread Starter #55
Toyota Kirloskar Auto Parts gets GAIL gas for power generation

Toyota Kirloskar Auto Parts (TKAP) became the first industrial unit in Karnataka to get natural gas to run its captive power generating plant when the state-owned Gas Authority of India (GAIL) formally commissioned the 1,000-km Dabhol-Bangalore gas pipeline project.

The first volume of gas arrived at Bidadi industrial estate near Bangalore on Monday from the recently opeartionalised liquefied natural gas (LNG) terminal at Dabhol in Maharashtra. The gas supplied from the pipeline will support TKAP to run its 6.5 MW captive power generating plant.

TKAP, which is located in Bidadi industrial estate, is a joint venture among Toyota Motor Corporation, Japan, Toyota Industries Corporation, Japan and Kirloskar Systems, Bangalore.

TKAP operates two manufacturing plants at Bidadi for exports as well as for the domestic market. In the Export Oriented Unit, TKAP manufactures transmissions while its another unit manufactures front axles, rear axles and propeller shafts to supply to Innova vehicles manufactured at TKM’s car manufacturing facility located in the same Bidadi industrial estate.

Eventually the Rs 4,500 crore Dabhol-Bangalore gas pipeline will benefit industries, households, road transport, besides supporting power generation for Bangalore. The pipeline has a capacity to carry 16 million standard cubic metres of gas per day, promoting natural gas supplies to automobiles as well as piped cooking gas to households in the near future.

Autocar Professional

Thread Starter #59
Toyota starts dispatching newly brushed up Etios sedan

Toyota Kirloskar Motor has started dispatching newly brushed up Etios sedan and the Liva hatchback to its dealers, adding a host of first-time features with the aims to revitalize sales in a muted domestic market.

The new Etios range would now carry completely redesigned interiors along with new bucket seats and some strongly visibly fresh styling cues on the exterior. The engine would now be hydraulic mounted engine to cut noise and vibration that would be housed on a re-worked suspension coming with bigger 15" tyres allowing drivers to navigate smoothly the bumpy Indian roads.

"We have received batch of new cars. There have been extensive changes carried on the basis of customer's feedback. The front grill has been redesigned and so are the tail lights," said a Delhi based dealers abreast with the new changes in the product.
Toyota starts dispatching newly brushed up Etios sedan - The Economic Times

Will be interesting to see what Toyota brings to the Etios family with this refresh.

Toyota starts dispatching newly brushed up Etios sedan

Toyota Kirloskar Motor has started dispatching newly brushed up Etios sedan and the Liva hatchback to its dealers, adding a host of first-time features with the aims to revitalize sales in a muted domestic market.

The new Etios range would now carry completely redesigned interiors along with new bucket seats and some strongly visibly fresh styling cues on the exterior. The engine would now be hydraulic mounted engine to cut noise and vibration that would be housed on a re-worked suspension coming with bigger 15" tyres allowing drivers to navigate smoothly the bumpy Indian roads.

Toyota starts dispatching newly brushed up Etios sedan - The Economic Times

Will be interesting to see what Toyota brings to the Etios family with this refresh.
Yup, the dealers have started taking the bookings too. The big thing is price. Am waiting to see by how much is the price going to increase. Also is it going to be available only in the top end variants like V and VX or even for G and GSP. If they keep the price increase to a minimal, say in the range of 7-9k and provide all the features as spoken about, then i guess it makes sense.

Top Bottom