Toyota Etios Sedan Launched @ Rs.4.96 Lacs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

350Z

Core Team
Toyota Kirloskar has today officially launched the Etios sedan at an introductory price of Rs.4.96 Lakhs (Ex.Showroom, Delhi). The car is available in total four variants, which are as follows:

- J: Rs.4.96 Lakhs
- G: Rs.5.46 Lakhs
- V: Rs.6.41 Lakhs
- VX: Rs.6.86 Lakhs

The Etios sedan comes equipped with four cylinders, 1496 cc, 16-valve DOHC engine; which is capable to produce Max. Power of 90PS @ 5600 RPM, and Max. Torque of 132 NM @ 3000 RPM. More details are available at www.toyotaetios.in

Toyota-Etios-2.jpg

Toyota-Etios-3.jpg

Toyota-Etios-4.jpg

Toyota-Etios-5.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

350Z

Core Team
Official Press Release:

• Akio Toyoda, President TMC launches the Etios

• Price of Etios Sedan starts at Rs.4.96 lakhs ex showroom Delhi

• Bookings for the sedan start today

• Hatchback to be launched in April 2011

• Hatchback is named ‘Etios Liva’

December 1, 2010, Bangalore: Toyota Kirloskar Motor launched the Etios Sedan today, marking the company’s entry into the highly competitive B Segment in India. The Etios has been developed specifically for Indian customers – ‘World First, India First, My First’.

The Etios sedan will be available in four variants, J, G, V and VX, competitively priced between Rs.4,96,000/- and Rs.6,86,500/- ex-showroom Delhi. The product highlights include innovative styling, best-in-class cabin and luggage space, superior comfort, impressive fuel efficiency and the legendary Toyota QDR. The Etios was launched by Mr. Akio Toyoda, President of Toyota Motor Corporation and scion of Toyota’s founding family, on his maiden visit to India after taking over as the Head of the company. Also present were Mr. Akira Okabe (Senior Managing Director, TMC), Mr. Soichiro Okudaira (Managing Officer, TMC), Mr. Osamu Nagata (Managing Officer, TMC), Mr. Yoshinori Noritake (Chief Engineer – Etios, TMC), Mr. Vikram Kirloskar (Vice Chairman, TKM), Mr. Hiroshi Nakagawa (Managing Director, TKM) and Mr. Sandeep Singh (Deputy Managing Director-Marketing, TKM).

Commenting on the launch of the Etios, Mr. Akio Toyoda, President TMC said: “India is a key market for our overall strategic growth plans, and the launch of the Etios is definitely a milestone not only for Toyota in India but for Toyota globally. Toyota strongly believes in the ‘customer first’ philosophy, hence it was important to collect valuable feedback from our prospective customers right from the concept stage to what the Etios is today. We at Toyota believe, ‘the road makes the car’ and the Etios is a product of real-world testing on roads across India. Our testing has covered a hundred thousand kilometers on every kind of road that Indian drivers encounter, from Kolkata to Mumbai, from the Himalayan foothills to the tip of the Indian peninsula. We at Toyota will continue listening carefully to Indian customers to stay in touch with their changing expectations. We will respond quickly with technological development and continue providing products that Indian customers will love.”

Speaking on the occasion, Mr. Hiroshi Nakagawa, MD TKM, said: “The Etios is very important to us, and its launch today marks the beginning of a new era for Toyota in India. In fact this launch will enable Indian customers in the middle income group to own an aspirational Toyota vehicle for the first time. I proudly also announce that production of the Etios will begin as planned in our new plant which is the most environmentally friendly automobile manufacturing plant in the country today.

Earlier this year we announced our plans to locally produce engines and transmissions at the Toyota Kirloskar Auto Parts in the third quarter of 2012 that will help us increase the localisation content of the Etios. Toyota in India will facilitate not just economic growth but social growth as well of the region it operates in, and in turn strive to be the most loved and admired company.” Mr. Yoshinori Noritake, Chief Engineer of the Etios spoke about the development of the product, he said: “It was very important to understand the needs of Indian car buyers before designing an India specific car. We learnt that Indian customers are very price conscious but at the same time want space and comfort for their family, and style to enhance their status. One of the strong points of the Etios sedan is its true sedan design – designed on a sedan platform and not as a hatch with a boot – smart packaging that makes it compact at the same time spacious. More than 2000 engineers from Japan and India have worked in close collaboration over the last four years with a vision to offer Etios customers the ‘joy of ownership’ and ‘quality of life’.”

Talking about the Etios Sales and Marketing strategy in India, Sandeep Singh, DMD-Marketing, TKM, said, “We have planned an elaborate marketing strategy to warm up to our target customer and through our various campaigns we aim to successfully establish the Etios brand in India. To start with we signed on Mr. A.R.Rahman as our Brand Ambassador to establish an instant connect between the Etios values and Indian masses. We are committed to give our customers a Q-Class experience through a sales and service network that will be expanded to 150 dealerships by the end of this year. The bookings for the Etios sedan start today and deliveries will begin in January 2011. We would also like to use this occasion to announce the name of the Hatchback version: Etios Liva, which will go on sale in April 2011.”

Exterior: A distinctive front grille with a smile line, sculpted surface and dynamic character-line in the front and rear, enhance the presence of the Etios. The rear has a fluent flowing C pillar, rounded end and three-dimensional combination lamps that enrich the vehicle’s exterior from different angles.

Interior: The seats are ergonomically designed units with integrated head rests. An instrument panel clearly divided into the information area and operation area with a large centre meter provides excellent visibility. The Etios has class best cabin and luggage space of 595L, a spacious 13L cooled glove box, seven one litre bottle holders, mobile holder and many more such useful storage spaces inside the car.

Performance and Comfort: A newly developed 1.5L, 16V DOHC engine coupled with a 5-Speed manual transmission that produces high output for best-in-class driving performance. The torque is available at low rpm for less gear shifting and stress-free city driving. The Etios has a superior mileage of 17.6kmpl which is ARAI tested.

Electric power steering for excellent maneuverability and tilt steering ensures a good ergonomic driving experience. The steering comes with audio controls for comfort at the driver’s fingertips. The flat type rear floor design offers ease of movement for rear seat passengers. With its rigid body structure and world class Mac Pherson Strut, the Etios has superior dampening performance providing superior ride comfort. A class-first ‘clean air filter’ which is standard across all grades for purified air in the cabin.

Safety: The Etios has various active and passive safety features ensuring the car matches global safety standards. The various safety features are (i) Energy absorbing body shell (ii) Driver & Passenger Air bags and (iii) ABS with EBD. Its centrally located combimeter reduces eye movement and hence the driver can concentrate on the road.

Special Treatment: To adopt to the various diverse climate and usage conditions in India, special treatment and countermeasures have been implemented:

• Good ground clearance of 170mm
  • Under body protection to prevent damage to fuel and brake lines
  • Anti-corrosion steel sheets at areas prone to rusting and stone hits
  • Chipping resistant paint on rocker mould & fender

Drive Safe,
350Z

Pricing is bang or target! Manza and Dzire will feel the heat now! Interiors are looking better in these pictures. But still i reserve my final comments until i check out the car in person. I hope the body panels will be slightly better than in Innova!

Looks as bland any Toyota. Great VFM, only if Toyota can maintain quality & customer satisfaction. Till a diesel variant comes, Dzire, Indigo can breathe easy.

350Z

Core Team
The price of Etios is very attractive but I am sure that this tag will not retain for more than a few months. Looking at the brand image, features, price etc, I am convinced but still, as previously mentioned; the design is not easily digestible for me. Nonetheless, let us wait and watch out for the Etios Liva, if sedan is so competitively priced, we can definitely expect another surprise from Toyota in March when the hatchback rolls out. Here are a few pictures of the Etios launch from Toyota.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

I somehow like the Hatch more than the sedan! Though both share the same front profile , i din quite like the boot of Etios!

My guess Etios Liva will target Figo!

Last edited:
great pics, great car and great price!! i give 10/10 to etios after seeing this. eagerly waiting for TAI review now to give final verdict. btw, whats toyota Q class?

Spot on pricing by Toyota. However i feel the J variant will be a hit among cabbies. I just wish toyota brings in a diesel heart etios. If that happens i think i will get it for myself.

Wonder why toyota had to make another Renault/Dacia Logan Clone? Quality of interiors & seat fabrics colour combination is a joke as well.

Etios diesel version will come here only by next year.

World's largest car maker Toyota is likely to launch the "diesel" variant of much-anticipated entry level sedan Etios in India by December 2011, a company official said here on Monday. "Right now we are studying on that... Hopefully, by next December (it will be launched)," Toyota Kirloskar Motor Director (Marketing) and Executive Managing Coordinator Koji Nagata told reporters here.

350Z

Core Team
quality is what toyota claims as their Q class.And they have proved this right till now.

can we expect its diesel variant by 2011end or would it take more time to come any idea?
This is needless to say but we are in a nation where sales of Diesel variants prosper far more than that of their Petrol counterparts. So, I doubt if Toyota will afford to miss the chance (Like they eventually did with Altis), especially anything after 2011 which is quite far.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom