Toyota Etios Sedan Launched @ Rs.4.96 Lacs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yes i do expect an exclusive photo from you for TAI!! Have your camera ready and keep your eyes wide open and look out for this car!![:)]

350Z

Core Team
Hey, it’s great that there are no major exterior changes on production line-up.
Toyota will start the production of Etios in December this year and we can expect the car to be out in showrooms nearly in the same period.

---------------------------------------

Toyota has received 54 orders for Prius Hybrid in India, The deliveries will begin from March end or April.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hmmm.. Nothing impresses me in Etios other than toyota badge!

If pricing is close to 10Lakhs, then I am sure there will be no takers for this design.

350Z

Core Team
I’m eyeing on Etios saloon as my next car. Though its looks are nothing impressive or attractive if compare with Linea which is currently one of my favorite mid-sizer but I’ll still hold my final comments before the release of Etios and Yeah, I won’t be spending any more than Rs.7-8 Lakhs for this one!

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #73
Toyota to begin producing 'Etios' by December

Economictimes
The world's largest carmaker Toyota today said it will begin production of its concept car Etios by December this year and will price it competitively.

"Etios means spirit and principle. This car of ours is targeted at the middle level managers and young professionals and will be priced competitively," Toyota Kirloskar Motor (TKM) Managing Director Hiroshi Nakagawa told mediapersons after inaugurating the Toyota Q-World Auto show here.

The company would launch both hatchback and sedan under the Etios series with 1.2 litres and 1.5 litres petrol engines respectively, he said.

Nakagawa said though the price of the car would be decided before the official launch, its hatch back version would be in the range of Maruti Swift and Ritz, while the sedan version would compete with Tata Manza and Maruti Dezire in the B segment category.

Good news if its competing in the respective segments! But a lack of a diesel engine will hurt them later!! Diesels are becoming quite popular now!

Sure. Toyota should offer a diesel option in both the hatchback and saloon versions, to avoid a flop like the Honda Jazz. At least the base petrol variant should be priced competitively, though Toyota have said that they will not get into a price war with other manufacturers, and charge a premium over the rest of their competitors, as they say they put in more engineering value. Blah! [frustration] When will these brands understand the Indian hatchback market?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom