Toyota Etios Road Test Drive Review

Re: Toyota Etios Road Test Review

nice review of ETIOS guys. frankly dint like this car much but after seeing these pics and reading review i have developed some like and it look somewat VFM buy now. +1 to cooldhaya i also mistake it for logan!!

Thread Starter #47

Thanks Umang, Etios is definitely a VFM product, and as for the cheap quality, i am sure Toyota will come out with an improvised version in some time.

350Z

Core Team

Went to check the Etios a few days ago. This car looks decent in size and interiors are spacious too but the quality in terms of plastics and seat comfort didn't impress much. Something that I don't expect from a product by Toyota. They say India's first, but Toyota, does India deserves this? Definitely not. The marketing campaign for Etios is brilliant but the car needs to match up to as good levels. No offense to owners, this is my straight-forward opinion after personally checking the car, especially in comparison with Manza and likes.

Drive Safe,
350Z

BTW as others said spotting lots of Etios in the streets of Chennai these days and to be frank each time i mistake it for a Logan!
+1. It needs a second look to recognize that it is not a Logan but an Etios. [:D] IMO, Manza is more stylish & VFM than the Etios.
I fear, the cab operators might consider replacing Logans with Etios.

Thread Starter #50

Went to check the Etios a few days ago. This car looks decent in size and interiors are spacious too but the quality in terms of plastics and seat comfort didn't impress much. Something that I don't expect from a product by Toyota. They say India's first, but Toyota, does India deserves this? Definitely not. The marketing campaign for Etios is brilliant but the car needs to match up to as good levels. No offense to owners, this is my straight-forward opinion after personally checking the car, especially in comparison with Manza and likes.

Drive Safe,
350Z
I agree to that. The quality of bits like glove box, door panels etc are inferior when compared to the other Toyotas. But, we can spare Toyota, this being their debut in the entry level segment. Hopefully they wont disappoint us with Liva.

+1. It needs a second look to recognize that it is not a Logan but an Etios. [:D] IMO, Manza is more stylish & VFM than the Etios.
I fear, the cab operators might consider replacing Logans with Etios.
The sole reason why Etios is still not poplar among the cabbies is the absence of diesel variant. Once it is out, Etios will definitely be spotted as Taxis.

Can somebody guide me about the after sales and maintenance costs of the Etios...
I am planning to buy one...

350Z

Core Team

But, we can spare Toyota, this being their debut in the entry level segment. Hopefully they wont disappoint us with Liva.
Hope so. Especially after continuously delaying the launch month after month. They must be planning it for something good?

The sole reason why Etios is still not poplar among the cabbies is the absence of diesel variant. Once it is out, Etios will definitely be spotted as Taxis.
Hey, Guess what? Just last weekend I spotted a couple of white Etios with yellow number plates. The Diesel will indeed boost this trend further ahead.

Can somebody guide me about the after sales and maintenance costs of the Etios. I am planning to buy one...
Hello Nikhil, Welcome to The Automotive India. You do not need to be concerned about the Toyota after sales much, but just confirm that there are a couple of authorized workshops nearby your area. You can also take a general idea about their quality of work by visiting on a weekend to discuss with the other Toyota owners. About the ownership costs - Only existing owners can assist in this regard (Read Toyota Etios V Ownership Review). However, what you can do on your part is to ask Toyota Dealership for the spare part price list and compare with other few sedans in the segment. Do let us know in case you require assistance. We'll attempt our best to help you out.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Toyota and Honda have announced 70% and 50 % cut in their production resp. so expect the more delay in launch of Liva and more waiting period for all their cars .

Thread Starter #54

Can somebody guide me about the after sales and maintenance costs of the Etios...
I am planning to buy one...
Hi Nikhil,

Welcome to The Automotive India. The general service cost of Etios is much lower than its siblings Corolla Altis etc. However if you wish to have the exact prices, you can contact the Service center, or give me some time, i will get back to you with the details ASAP.

All i need is an idea. are its spare parts costs comparable to others. like maybe dzire or beat. the cars in this price range(upto 5.5 lacs)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #56

All i need is an idea. are its spare parts costs comparable to others. like maybe dzire or beat. the cars in this price range(upto 5.5 lacs)
The general service of Etios costs in the range of Rs. 2000-2500. The spare parts are not as cheap as Maruti or Tata. Their cost is slightly above them and can be termed reasonable.

Why on earth Toyota introduced such a no nonsense decade old model in a country like India. They have a same product in a different cloth with same price here in Qatar called YARIS. That too far better in looks and in the same price bracket. You can have a manual one for as low as INR.5.4LA with a 1.3L, 84BHP heart [clap]
Then why this partiality on INDIA [confused]

TOYOTA YARIS SEDAN VERSION ON SALE IN QATAR

Attachments

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team

I think earlier they were testing the Yaris in India. But alas, the story turned out to be different altogether.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I agree to that. The quality of bits like glove box, door panels etc are inferior when compared to the other Toyotas. But, we can spare Toyota, this being their debut in the entry level segment. Hopefully they wont disappoint us with Liva.

I did not preferred etios D over manza, because etios D has clear taxi type interiors and a taxi type engine grunt . Also it has fixed geometry turbo, with 30% less torque which could not justify its price which is > 50 k higher than manza [better interior, fiat engine grunt 200 nm torque].

When I took TD, on the usual TD route chosen by dealer(DSK toyota , amanora park! ), it scraped a proper speed breaker, reason given was that the speed breaker is built for trucks , not cars.![pig], probably reason for lesser number of etios in pune..

Also , the mid model, doesn't come with bottom cladding\side bumpers, you have to purchase it in accessories shop.
The only thing I liked about etios d was, centrally located topdash, speedo which doesn't require the driver to peep in to the steering spokes. Also rear passengers can easily look at it, again a taxi feature, but my better half liked it.[read my ownership review]
+1@cooldhaya, I liked the exteriors, but if someone mistakes it for Logan, again taxi feature, the future is dark.
Only way to bailout etios d is Jazz type price cut + toyota ASS. which toyota has started
doing now.:biggrin:

Last edited:

Hi Folks.... I have recently joined this forum and like it very much.. I currently own Toyota Etios GD & earlier used to have Maruti Esteem and Maruti 800.

However, what I don't understand is why people give more importance to looks than to the heart. I would like to requote an old Rajesh Khanna song which I had quoted in my ownership review :-

Dil ko Dekho, Chehra naa Dekho
Chehro ne laakhon ko loota,
Haan, Dil Sacha aur Chehra jhoota
Dil Sachaa aur Chehra jhoota

I am not saying this because I own an Etios, but that's the fact. Following are the positives which I am sure puts Etios ahead of it prime competitors, ie., Manza/Dizire :-

1. Huge Boot Space. Comparable to high end cars.
2. Best seating space among C-segment cars.
3. Storage space of 7 water bottles + mini cooler glove box.
4. Excellent fuel economy. I have a diesel model and it is giving me 21-22 kmpl on Delhi-Noida sector.
5. Responsive engine.
6. Smooth Gear change.
7. Good pickup
8. Light steering. Easy to drive in traffic and turn radius is also less.
9. Excellent suspension & road grip.
10. Single wiper. Covers 90% of the windscreen in one swipe.
11. Last but not least. LOW RUNNING/MAINTENANCE COST. That is why it is currently very popular among Taxi segment.

Agreed, the looks are simple. But opinion on looks can be subjective. I personally liked the unconventional central dashboard, but others may not like it. I liked the concept of single wiper. But some may not like it.

Last edited:

Top Bottom