Toyota Etios Road Test Drive Review

Re: Toyota Etios Road Test Review

:agree: ishwaraghu,looks are subjective.

But I request you to reconsider your statement about boot space, seating space while comparing it with Manza.

What is the torque, max. :suspect:power output of Etios D?
Manza has 200 nm torque@1750-2500 rpm, and 90 ps max. Power.

@Tornado... I don't understand the technical terms like torque max. power output & that is the reason why I have not used any technical words. I doubt majority of the owners of cars would understand these technical words.

What they would look for in their vehicle is good / comfortable seating space. Etios can fit in 3 people comfortably in the rear. They would wan't the air conditioning to be effective which Etios has. They would look for a good boot space for dumping luggage which going on family vacations. Etios has 595 ltrs. of boot space compared to 460 of Manza. They would look for less running / maintenance cost. My Etios Diesel is giving mileage of 21-22 kmpl on Delhi-Noida traffic. (U can check the mileage graph available in my ownership review). Servicing cost is also not very high. First service is free. Second service costs around Rs. 1,700/-. While taking a test drive they would look for good road grip, excellent suspension, smooth gear change, good pickup, light steering & easy to drive in traffic with turn radius. Etios passes in all these parametres. Last but not least, they would expect a good after sales service & Toyota brand is known for it.

I am not saying that Manza would not be having all the above features. But surely lots of prospective buyers would look for the above attributes before making a decision. This is proved by the incresing sale graph of Etios since its launch.

Drove the Etiios-P and i must say looks can be very deceptive..It looks like a bland boring car but once you are in driver's seat you realise that even though its a TOYOTA it is powerful and punchy. And for a car from this segment the ride is is perfect.[clap]

Nice review, Akash. Deserves a 5star rating. The only things that I hated about the Etios was the design and the cost-cutting measures.

Hello everyone!
I am currently at Manali Resorts, Manali. I booked an Etios from Chandigarh-Manali for a 4 days trip.
About an year ago, I was very doubtful for its engine, built quality, stability at higher speeds and pickup. But now everything is crystal clear, ITS AN SUPERB CAR IN ITS SEGMENT!!
Today I went to Rohtang and this car climbed without even a pinch of extra effort! *Let me remind you, Rohtang pass is at a height of approx 4000mts, about the double of Manali/Shimla.
In the plains, car's stability @120kmph is worth mentioning!
I noticed one critical area to be improved immediately, i.e. its Ground clearance, even driver mentioned it. On almost every bad road, car's base touched the road and everyone knows how it feels like when this happens, there is always a risk involved in it.
Overall I'm so impressed with this car that I'm writing this review sitting next to the mighty beas river. [:D] [:)]
Felt Raid-de-Himalaya's fever here today!

350Z

Core Team

About an year ago, I was very doubtful for its engine, built quality, stability at higher speeds and pickup. But now everything is crystal clear, ITS AN SUPERB CAR IN ITS SEGMENT!!
No doubt. Etios is one of the capable cars of its segment but what Toyota is offering in the name of ‘Q Class’ is definitely not acceptable.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hello everyone!
I am currently at Manali Resorts, Manali. I booked an Etios from Chandigarh-Manali for a 4 days trip.
Today I went to Rohtang and this car climbed without even a pinch of extra effort! *Let me remind you, Rohtang pass is at a height of approx 4000mts, about the double of Manali/Shimla.
In the plains, car's stability @120kmph is worth mentioning!
I noticed one critical area to be improved immediately, i.e. its Ground clearance, even driver mentioned it. On almost every bad road, car's base touched the road and everyone knows how it feels like when this happens, there is always a risk involved in it.
Overall I'm so impressed with this car that I'm writing this review sitting next to the mighty beas river. [:D] [:)]
Felt Raid-de-Himalaya's fever here today!
Even I have faced the issue of scraping the bumps when the car is loaded. I think that's the punishment for me smiling at Honda Citys going very slowly over the bad bumps in Bangalore. [;)]
On paper, the ground clearance for Etios is 170mm, which is decent. I think the problem might be due to the soft suspension.

I had been facing the same problem of cars rear scraping speed bumps but it was after my car was loaded with a Cng tank in the rear and passengers in rear seats. I got my rear suspensions raised recently during 30,000km service. Thereafter I havent faced any scraping of underside on those same bumps. Besides , the car is returning a CNG economy of Rs 1.75/km on long drives and around Rs2.5/km in rush hour traffic often with AC switched on.

No doubt. Etios is one of the capable cars of its segment but what Toyota is offering in the name of ‘Q Class’ is definitely not acceptable.

Drive Safe,
350Z
I guess the undertanding of Q class has got different dimensions to it. What Toyota projects as Q class is Quality in terms of its Engine, reliability, drivability, Maintenance, ASS and safety. This is what they mean by their Q class over and above Exterior/Interior looks. Which other car maker can give you an unmatched warranty of 3 years of 100000 kms. [:)]

And toyota is very clear on their USP - if you are looking for superb looks and extraordinary (whether useful or not) features then don't consider Toyota cars. But yes, if you are lookin at the above mentioned Q class parameters, do come to Toyota and they will give you the best servie and products.

Re: Toyota Etios , facelifted interiors checked

Today I checked renewed etios. Total 23 changes in interiors and 1 in exterior as per SE

Attachments

Central Console is one of the biggest drawbacks of Etios and Liva. I don't understand why those those car designers from Toyota haven't rectified it although there was bad feedback on that. It immediately reflects the cabs such as Vista.

Back in 2012, I ruled out Etios just because it has central console. [lol]
One thing is unexplained, what the Central console has to do with the taxi or private owner image ?
Infact it is driver friendly and a safety feature for individual owner which allows driver to have look at it without taking off the eyes off the road.
Also other occupiers can read about odo and trip meter for which otherwise driver needs to be disturbed as if he is a chauffeur despite being driver.

One thing is unexplained, what the Central console has to do with the taxi or private owner image ?
Infact it is driver friendly and a safety feature for individual owner which allows driver to have look at it without taking off the eyes off the road.
Also other occupiers can read about odo and trip meter for which otherwise driver needs to be disturbed as if he is a chauffeur despite being driver.
Everybody has certain tastes, as you may have like this. But personally I never like that kind of console. Vista is one of the important taxi imaged cars which have central console. So, naturally any car with central console looks like taxi for my eyes. Please note that it is entirely my opinion. And in my experience of driving my friend's Vista, it was quite discomfort for me to see it. Also, the passengers go crazy with central console, if driver is on speed. I remember, My daughter was afraid to see the central console in Vista when I crossed even 70 kms speed.

Next-generation Toyota Etios to debut at Auto Expo 2016, Based on the Etios platform a compact SUV is under consideration.

Design is one issue and you will see that the new version will have a much better design,” said Hisayuki Inoue, CEO Asia-Pacific operations, Toyota. The next-gen Etios is expected to get the styling inspired by the new Corolla Altis and it may get the LED daytime-running lamps as well.
According to Toyota, the Etios' strengths comprise fuel efficiency, space and durability and the carmaker wants to portray these aspects in a better form with the next-generation Etios. There are various studies being carried out currently to gather feedback and customer preferences across the Indian market, which are to be taken into account for the next-generation Toyota Etios.
The new 2016 Toyota Etios will come with a completely new ‘top hat’ and will bear little resemblance to the robust but boxy shape of the current model.
Next-generation Toyota Etios to debut at Auto Expo 2016 | Car News | Entry level saloons | Autocar India

Top Bottom