Toyota Etios Platinum Launched @ Rs.6.43 Lakhs

Well this is one most unaspirational car. Good for taxi market. Recently we brought liva limited edition and am mighty happy that i did not wait for the facelift. There is no newness apart from the changed front fascia. Never expected the digital instrument cluster to make way into india. Another case of japanese treating indian poorly. They are really misusing the brand power they have.

Well this is one most unaspirational car. Good for taxi market. Recently we brought liva limited edition and am mighty happy that i did not wait for the facelift. There is no newness apart from the changed front fascia. Never expected the digital instrument cluster to make way into india. Another case of japanese treating indian poorly. They are really misusing the brand power they have.
Vicky I dont think its the brand power which Toyota is using to give us Indians a step fatherly treatment, in fact as per them this is what we want & this is what we appreciate, if you'll notice all cars these days have light interiors mainly beige, this is because the research shows that Indians do have a liking for light colours although ours is a hot & a humid country with dirt every where which gets & sits in the car & these light colored interiors do us no good, but still no company is willing to deviate. The Toyota etios facelift launched in brazil has all black interiors which look way more premium than the ones we get, but then Toyota's research tells them that Indians have a sweet tooth for light browns & beige's so they wont take a chance with their launch & the same goes with other bells & whistles. More importantly Toyota has sold more Etios to fleet owners than individual owners & there is a big chance that Taxi operators like their machines simple as long as maintenance is little & cheap so Toyota really kept it that way because they cannot really afford to overlook their main stream customers

Vicky I dont think its the brand power which Toyota is using to give us Indians a step fatherly treatment, in fact as per them this is what we want & this is what we appreciate, if you'll notice all cars these days have light interiors mainly beige, this is because the research shows that Indians do have a liking for light colours although ours is a hot & a humid country with dirt every where which gets & sits in the car & these light colored interiors do us no good, but still no company is willing to deviate. The Toyota etios facelift launched in brazil has all black interiors which look way more premium than the ones we get, but then Toyota's research tells them that Indians have a sweet tooth for light browns & beige's so they wont take a chance with their launch & the same goes with other bells & whistles. More importantly Toyota has sold more Etios to fleet owners than individual owners & there is a big chance that Taxi operators like their machines simple as long as maintenance is little & cheap so Toyota really kept it that way because they cannot really afford to overlook their main stream customers
Well this may be true but i dont agree. Had the beige colour been preferred then thier new innova, which is selling like hot case, the fortuner, Swift which is again the best seller in segment, all have black interiors.

Even thier liva cross has all black premium interiors.

The out going Innova had beige interiors & with the new one they have tried black interiors & its selling, like I said before they are scared to try new things with the kind of beating they have taken on etios twins, plus the clientele they are appealing to is totally different from the one they are wooing with the Innova or the fortuner. Toyota is a hard headed company who is used to My way or Hi way kind of selling, they engineer their vehicles well & then stop at that, which is why they have refused to do away with the center speedo despite such bitter criticism on these forums on the pretext that they are driver friendly, but then they are not willing to jeopardize their aces of spades like the Innova or the Fortuner with a center console

Last edited:
Friends,

Sharing videos of the new Toyota Etios Platinum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKQN6-KqMoo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfVkYZUh_L0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJSc1MDxekk

Sharing of these videos needs full credit to The Automotive India.

Regards

Akash
Thanks for sharing Akash, wonderful videos, short brief & to the point, on side notes, I noticed a chrome strip on the boot door, what's the deal with that, is it standard across the facelift range or an accessory embellishment by the dealership

Thread Starter #37

Akash1886

Honoured Member
I noticed a chrome strip on the boot door, what's the deal with that, is it standard across the facelift range or an accessory embellishment by the dealership
It is actually not a dealership accessory buddy. It is provided as a OEM fitment in Facelift Etios Sedan.

Regards

Akash

It is actually not a dealership accessory buddy. It is provided as a OEM fitment in Facelift Etios Sedan.

Regards

Akash
[confused] why would they do that, the neat over hang looked classy, but this unnecessary embellishment robs the car of its understated class, its on the lines of a rubber strip added by Maruti on wagon R's boot door long time ago & in the launch ad they had actually highlighted it saying (breaks the monotony) i wonder what that is...

Toyota Etios Platinum would not be provided to taxi segment as per information from dealer.Toyota will continue old ETIOS/LIVA for taxi segment as its very popular for trouble free performance with cheap maintenance charges when compared to its rivals.

Top Bottom