Toyota Etios Liva Limited Edition: Ownership Review

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 Petrol or Toyota Etios Liva Petrol?

Hi Subbu,

Did you go for the test drive of LIVA??

Do let me know how was your experience. Also, if you have any question after the test drive you can ask the same. I will be glad to help.

Hi Suraj,

Test drive not yet done. Once i go there and do it , i will pen it here. Thanks for the all the info.

Thread Starter #17

Hi all,

In order to maintain my car's interior company fitted floor mat, I wanted to get it laminated from outside. I was also looking for 3D mats as I have heard that they are really good in keeping dirt and occasional spill of liquids to harm the original mat.

I told the same to one of the reputed car & accessories shop owner. But, the owner advices me against it. He said sir don't go for laminated mat to cover your cars original mat, you take the 3D mat and that will suffice.

I wanted to know the opinion of TAI members on this who can guide me in taking the correct decision. What should I do guys??

Will 3D mats will suffice or should I get my interior mat laminated with another laminated mat?? The owner told me that it's essential that we do not obstruct the flow of air inside my installing laminated mat as in the long run it will cause RUSTING.

Your kind advice needed guys!!!!!

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

There's no need for floor lamination. Get the 3d mats. There are many options available and prices starts from 700rs to 5000rs :p

I bought them for 700 rs for my verna and the same quality mats for 320i was 1300rs. And don't go by the pricing, they have lasted long enough and still are good.

Just search "3d mats" on Google and the second pic under "shop on google" is what I have. Will post pics tomorrow.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #19

There's no need for floor lamination. Get the 3d mats. There are many options available and prices starts from 700rs to 5000rs :p

I bought them for 700 rs for my verna and the same quality mats for 320i was 1300rs. And don't go by the pricing, they have lasted long enough and still are good.

Just search "3d mats" on Google and the second pic under "shop on google" is what I have. Will post pics tomorrow.
Thanks allhyundaicars!!!

The owner of the shop where I went quoted me 1600 rupees for a black 3d mat and a biege colour mat.

Both of them look good. Will get it done on Sunday and kindly share the pics of your 3d mats as well.
It will be helpful for me.

Once again thanks for the suggestion bro.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

Here are the pics. The fit is not a 100% because the seller said this is i20's but it will fit the verna. The very first day my friends spilled green chutney so couldn't replace this.

I asked my office boy to clean the mats so I could upload pics here :p and he took out the driver's side mat from the passenger side[frustration] That's why you see the dirt on the floor.

If what you are buying has the same design as mine , most probably the stuff is the same (synthetic) and it's not worth 1600rs but 700 or less.

Attachments

Hi Subbu,

Did you go for the test drive of LIVA??

Do let me know how was your experience. Also, if you have any question after the test drive you can ask the same. I will be glad to help.
Hi Suraj

Today i went to look in toyoto etios liva. I saw limited edition red/black it is gorgeous . The sales person explained things about the car, mostly discussed here often. That is the display car. No steering mounted features available. And he also told no discounts on ltd version ,whatever on road price 713000 etc we need to pay. And waiting period is also 1 month for limited edition version. When enquired about new facelift versions he told there will not be any changes on toyota limited editions . Seems limited version misses fog lamps too. I liked this car. My son too the red/black. Seats/ac everything is great.

Then i went to see grandi10 asta(o) model. The sales person here was too attentive, he greeted us and explain the features. Small test drive too. He says in city abs is not needed. And also told grandi10 has five star safety features.(laughed at mind, that grandi10 scored 0 star). But is it with airbags and abs does it score 0 star . I'm not sure though. My wife liked this car very much. I'm 50/50 . Here the salesperson offered discounts like first year insurance free , 3rd year warranty free ,cash discount 7500.
total cost comes around 7.23 lacs.

Grandi10 asta(o) rich in features. Toyota etios liva ltd rich in safety. I'm confused a bit now.

Suraj and respected tai-gers please help with your opinions.

Moreover which is the best colour in grandi10.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

Subbur- buy the grand i10 only if discounts are 60k plus on OTR price. 7500 cash discounts [lol]

Subbur- buy the grand i10 only if discounts are 60k plus on OTR price. 7500 cash discounts [lol]
60k plus ? They are offering insurance 26k +3rd year warranty around 4k and cash discounts 7.5k. total around 37.5k. This is the thing what they offered. Are they cheating me ?

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

The things you have mentioned are from Hyundai and not the dealer. Tell him 37.5k plus atleast 35kk cash discounts or take a hike. He will then offer around 25k cash more. ( there is also a 35k echange bonus)

I would suggest you not to buy this car. Just think they are offering 70k discounts on a 5 lakh car. Without bargaining.
Read my previous comments and buy the liva after the facelift has launched. You will get more discounts on the current car. Compare the deal with OP's deal.

The things you have mentioned are from Hyundai and not the dealer. Tell him 37.5k plus atleast 35kk cash discounts or take a hike. He will then offer around 25k cash more. ( there is also a 35k echange bonus)

I would suggest you not to buy this car. Just think they are offering 70k discounts on a 5 lakh car. Without bargaining.
Read my previous comments and buy the liva after the facelift has launched. You will get more discounts on the current car. Compare the deal with OP's deal.
Thanks allhyundaicars. Is asta(o) with abs/airbags also not safe to go for providing they give good discounts like 60k+. Still i have not looked in Tiago many of the taigers bought those. what about i20 sports with abs/airbags onroad comes around 8lacs. My budget is 7 lacs. Since anyway i go for emi i'm asking about options.My req is safety first preference thats why always looking for airbags/abs must ones. But features too needed.

@ subbu . my suggestion is test drive tiago first and then decide . good built quality, loaded with features, great vfm . figo is also a good option.

Thanks allhyundaicars. Is asta(o) with abs/airbags also not safe to go for providing they give good discounts like 60k+. Still i have not looked in Tiago many of the taigers bought those. what about i20 sports with abs/airbags onroad comes around 8lacs. My budget is 7 lacs. Since anyway i go for emi i'm asking about options.My req is safety first preference thats why always looking for airbags/abs must ones. But features too needed.
Hi Subbu,

Grand i10 is better than liva in looks (interior and exterior) and features in everything else liva is better with fuel economy similar in both.

I will suggest you to wait for tata kite 5.

What will you get:
1 Stylish and unique looking car;x factor.
2 Safety and great built quality inside and out.
3 Feature rich car,top trim loaded to full.(reverse parking camera,automatic climate control,touch screen, mystery segment first feature etc etc)
4 Great ride and handling(expected)
5 Great value for money pricing,expect the top trim loaded to brim, well within your budget.

Compromise you will have to make:

1 Space: It will be a tight fit for 5(shoulder room) but in term of leg room it will be one of the best,tiago already have ample leg room ,kite 5 with it increased wheel base and 4m length will enhance it more.(it will match grand i10 in term of shoulder space and outdo it in terms of leg space )

2 Engine:It will be a 3cylinder engine but then even Ameo have 3 cylinder engine and TATA is supposed to increase the power output for it.

In the end ,I feel kite 5 is worth checking out .

Thread Starter #28

Hi Suraj

Today i went to look in toyoto etios liva. I saw limited edition red/black it is gorgeous . The sales person explained things about the car, mostly discussed here often. That is the display car. No steering mounted features available. And he also told no discounts on ltd version ,whatever on road price 713000 etc we need to pay. And waiting period is also 1 month for limited edition version. When enquired about new facelift versions he told there will not be any changes on toyota limited editions . Seems limited version misses fog lamps too. I liked this car. My son too the red/black. Seats/ac everything is great.

Then i went to see grandi10 asta(o) model. The sales person here was too attentive, he greeted us and explain the features. Small test drive too. He says in city abs is not needed. And also told grandi10 has five star safety features.(laughed at mind, that grandi10 scored 0 star). But is it with airbags and abs does it score 0 star . I'm not sure though. My wife liked this car very much. I'm 50/50 . Here the salesperson offered discounts like first year insurance free , 3rd year warranty free ,cash discount 7500.
total cost comes around 7.23 lacs.

Grandi10 asta(o) rich in features. Toyota etios liva ltd rich in safety. I'm confused a bit now.

Suraj and respected tai-gers please help with your opinions.

Moreover which is the best colour in grandi10.
Hi Subbu,

Well in completely my opinion grand i10 does not even come close to Liva in Comparison. Liva is far far and much better engineered car the hyundai grand i10. Initially during my purchase even I was confused wether to go for i10 or liva and that's how this thread was started.

2 to 3 months down the line and after clocking close to 3500km on ODO, I believe I couldnt have asked for a better VFM then this. Not only Liva is fun to drive car, but it also gives you that peace of mind maintenance wise which every car owner dream off. The ASS of Toyota is the best. Also, the new limited edition liva is a lot refined then it's predecessor. Steering mounted control is missing but as far as fog light is concern it will cost you 7000 rupees if you get it installed at authorized Toyota workshop and I guess it won't cost you more then 4k if you get it done from outside.

Also, the limited edition is kind of in between the highest 2 models of LIVA that is V and VX. In VX you get fog lights as well as the steering mounted control. However, the price difference between limited edition and VX was 85k when I was purchasing my car. 85k just for fog lights and steering mounted control was a strict NO from my side. In limited edition you are also getting twin colour exterior which looks different as well as stylist . Infact , nowadays you will find a lot of owners who are designing their car with dual tone exterior. Here, you are getting that from the manufacturer itself.

You also said that you got a quote of 7,13,000 for limited edition. If that's true, it's tough for me to believe. Because I purchased the car for 6,41,000 minus extended warranty on road in the 1st week of July. My own uncle is due to take the delivery if his limited edition on 5th september and he is paying total of 6,49,000. The slight increase is mainly due to the increase in road tax as well as VAT in bihar.

One of our TAI member Mr. Joshi will also be getting his red Nd black liva in a day or two. He is also paying around 6,50,000 and that too in Mumbai. So, it's kind of difficult for me to digest the price that you have been quoted.

As I have said earlier, if you are interested I can talk to my childhood friend who is posted in Toyota Bangalore itself. I am sure that he will be of help. You can also try to visit some other Toyota dealers in Bangalore.

Let me know of you need any further clarification

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

The car that was crash tested was without airbags but the a pillar suffered damage and it was more than the i10.

I will be buying a Tiago for my dad. If i wanted to spend a little extra I would buy the elite i20 without thinking. If you can spend a little extra buy the elite i20. BTW what's your requirement ? Daily usage ? Number of members ?
The reason why I am not spending on elite i20 is dad doesn't need a big car , 80% of the time he will drive alone. Tiago top end is 5.3 lakhs where as elite i20 magna is around 6.90 and sports is around 7.5 That's a lot of difference.

Last edited:

Hi Subbu,

Well in completely my opinion grand i10 does not even come close to Liva in Comparison. Liva is far far and much better engineered car the hyundai grand i10. Initially during my purchase even I was confused wether to go for i10 or liva and that's how this thread was started.

2 to 3 months down the line and after clocking close to 3500km on ODO, I believe I couldnt have asked for a better VFM then this. Not only Liva is fun to drive car, but it also gives you that peace of mind maintenance wise which every car owner dream off. The ASS of Toyota is the best. Also, the new limited edition liva is a lot refined then it's predecessor. Steering mounted control is missing but as far as fog light is concern it will cost you 7000 rupees if you get it installed at authorized Toyota workshop and I guess it won't cost you more then 4k if you get it done from outside.

Also, the limited edition is kind of in between the highest 2 models of LIVA that is V and VX. In VX you get fog lights as well as the steering mounted control. However, the price difference between limited edition and VX was 85k when I was purchasing my car. 85k just for fog lights and steering mounted control was a strict NO from my side. In limited edition you are also getting twin colour exterior which looks different as well as stylist . Infact , nowadays you will find a lot of owners who are designing their car with dual tone exterior. Here, you are getting that from the manufacturer itself.

You also said that you got a quote of 7,13,000 for limited edition. If that's true, it's tough for me to believe. Because I purchased the car for 6,41,000 minus extended warranty on road in the 1st week of July. My own uncle is due to take the delivery if his limited edition on 5th september and he is paying total of 6,49,000. The slight increase is mainly due to the increase in road tax as well as VAT in bihar.

One of our TAI member Mr. Joshi will also be getting his red Nd black liva in a day or two. He is also paying around 6,50,000 and that too in Mumbai. So, it's kind of difficult for me to digest the price that you have been quoted.

As I have said earlier, if you are interested I can talk to my childhood friend who is posted in Toyota Bangalore itself. I am sure that he will be of help. You can also try to visit some other Toyota dealers in Bangalore.

Let me know of you need any further clarification
Thanks Suraj. Yes the dealer is Nandi toyota . He quoted the same 7.1 and nothing can be done as concern with discount and waiting period too 1 month. That is ridiculous for me that a car sell only about 1.5k every month overall in india. Once again i will visit another dealer here in bangalore . My most of friends , drivers suggesting grandi10 thats why all the confusions. But safety is must preference for me.

Top Bottom