Toyota Etios Liva Limited Edition: Ownership Review

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 Petrol or Toyota Etios Liva Petrol?

The car that was crash tested was without airbags but the a pillar suffered damage and it was more than the i10.

I will be buying a Tiago for my dad. If i wanted to spend a little extra I would buy the elite i20 without thinking. If you can spend a little extra buy the elite i20. BTW what's your requirement ? Daily usage ? Number of members ?
The reason why I am not spending on elite i20 is dad doesn't need a big car , 80% of the time he will drive alone. Tiago top end is 5.3 lakhs where as elite i20 magna is around 6.90 and sports is around 7.5 That's a lot of difference.
Thanks allhyundaicars,DrRishabh,AKULA.

My usage is weekend mostly. mostly 4 members and occasional 5. I will check both Tiago and elite i20 too. Budget is max 7lacs. But since this is once in a blue moon purchase want to check elite i20 too.

Thread Starter #32

Thanks Suraj. Yes the dealer is Nandi toyota . He quoted the same 7.1 and nothing can be done as concern with discount and waiting period too 1 month. That is ridiculous for me that a car sell only about 1.5k every month overall in india. Once again i will visit another dealer here in bangalore . My most of friends , drivers suggesting grandi10 thats why all the confusions. But safety is must preference for me.
Hi Subbu,

If you are looking for safety again no one can match Liva. As has been proven many a times. Also, 5th occupant would not be able to get the kind of comfort that liva provides to its rear passenger.

The kind of offers all around the year that i10 provides as well as the feature rich interior makes it tough for any buyer to let it go. But, at the end of day as I have already mentioned earlier (IMO) safety wise, comfort wise, highway ride wise, breaking wise and air condition wise, it has to be Liva.

I test drove i10 as well before making my purchasing de vision and also went through lot of reviews and advice. It was all about choosing between head and heart. I choose the 1st one. As my heart was saying to go for grand but in my head I knew considering I have a small family of papa, mummy, ny wife and my 2 years old daughter. Again, also maintenance wise Liva is way cheaper then Hyundai.

Again, at the end of the day it's ur decision as you need to keep this car. Grand i10 is infact more on road by all stretch of imagination then Liva. Infact my younger sister who is in Bangalore itself has hyundai grand i10 sports model diesel 2013.

As far as colour of grand i10 is concern I would suggest to go for twilight blue. If you are ok with maintaining dark colour. It looks cool.

Thread Starter #33

Hi folks,

Just an update!!

Went to Toyota service center yesterday as I thought that during rough road drive I was hearing sone metallic sound from rear and also for washing and vacuum for my car interior.

The washing and vacuum cost around 400 + tax here. The service person took the car with me for test drive and later during the ride we found out that the metallic noise was nothing, but it was due to the tool kit that was kept in my trunk[:D] . After that it took them around 1 and a half hours for washing and cleaning. Recieved my car and the bill. And guess what.....the bill was for 0.00INR [clap]. The service manager told me sir you always come here whenever you see some problem in your car and also get it washed and cleaned here only . We can clearly see how much you care and how much you have built relationship with us by referring the car for your uncle as well.

So, this is a complimentary from our side as a thank you note.

I was really thrilled and happy to hear such things from them. Really Toyota is Toyota, enjoying each and every second of my life with my Liva.

if you are looking for safety first, then grand i10 should not be on your list. If you decide not to buy a liva, then look elsewhere.

Thread Starter #35

Ho Shunbh,

Just an update. Yesterday I had a chat with my friend who is working as Zonal Manager, bangalore in Toyota.

He informed me that Toyota has stopped the production of limited edition ( as it was for limited period only). The new upgraded version of Liva is going to be available in the showroom from 13th September onwards. So, he advised it will be better to wait till 13th before making any decision.

He also said that some dealer might have limited edition in their stock which they obviously will be selling. But, now Toyota has stopped the production of Limited Edition.

Thread Starter #36

Hi guys,

Completed 12000km with my Liva and that too within 8 months. Got time to test my car both on highways as well as B2B traffic.

Till date everything is fine and would like to add that it's a complete value for money car.

Will be posting some pics soon .

Top Bottom