Toyota Etios Liva Limited Edition: Ownership Review

Thread Starter #1
Hello Everyone!!!
As promised, here i am writing my 1st review on my New Toyota Etios Liva 9Limited Edition) petrol, 1200 CC. I know i have delayed a bit in writing this review as its allready been 1 and a half month since i purchase this beauty. But, i wanted to be doubly sure about the things i write here on this platform, as this can really help many a prospective buyers like myself in deciding on the purchase of their new car.

i am just back from my trip to Ranchi and my ODO is reading 3000km. During these past few days i have had a pretty good taste of city as well as highway run on my new beauty. To start with, i allways wanted a car with couple of criteria as my priority which i am listing below:-

1) The car needed to be comfortable for 5 people.
2) Descent boot space
3) Descent fuel economy
4) Safety which included ABS as well as airbag atleast.
5) Other then Maruti ( i allready used Maruti A-Star for 5 years, fully satisfied but wanted a change)
6) Low maintenance and
7) It has to be a hatchback.

This review can go pretty long, but i will try and share things with utmost honesty with you all. selecting this car was never easy for me and honestly speaking it tool me almost 2 months of rigorous test drives, automobile forums and reviews to finally zero in on Liva. I test drove Ford Figo, Tata Tiago, Maruti Swift, Maruti Celerio, Hyundai Grand i10. All petrol, because i dont know why but everybody in my family is against diesel car and anyways maybe i have covered 3000km in a pretty good time , my average running is not much. Infact, its kind of in between i.e around 1000-1200km per month.

1) Maruti Swift - Drive was awesome, very smooth gear shift but rear seat and boot space was less as well as too many of Swift on the road.
2) Tata Tiago - Never felt like i am driving a 1200 CC motor, diesel variant of tiago is much better then petrol. Again space was an issue.
3) Ford Figo - Liked the feature as well as new look a lot. Gave it a considerable thaught but Ford cars maintenance is high as i have heard.
4) Maruti Celerio - Waited for 3 to 4 days but the showroom people could not give me a test drive, due to god knows what reason. Everyday kept me telling that the test drive car is not available right now.
5) Hyundai Grand I10 - very rich in feature, very tempting offers, great interior as well as exterior. Huge discount and freebies. was also giving a good exchange value for my Astar. They were ready to take my car for 2 lakhs INR. The rear AC first in its segment was another catch, very light gear shift as well as steering, however i found it a bit lacking on highways as well as its ground clearence with luggage and a bit cramped rear seat for 3 adults.

After going through all these cars and atleast test driving Liva 4 to 5 times i finally made up my mind to go for Liva. On 3rd of July 2016 i finally got my beauty keys in my hand and i cant express the containment and satisfaction i felt s soon as i took the car outside.

Initially i was a bit worried about its mileage and couple of negatives like rattling noise and water seepage due to lack of door beeding. However after owning and driving this car for 3000 odd km i can pretty much assure u guys that even at the speed of 145km/Hr (the maximum i could take her) their was not noise . The NVH level was pretty descent and nobody including my wife, papa or mummy complained or ask me to reduce the speed. Infact during the journey i usually maintained a spped of 100 to 130 and at no point of time anybody felt the differense of km/h during the drive. wether i was driving at 100 or 140km/h, the car was as planted and easy to handle as it should be. The AC IS AWESOME. the rear seat comfort is amazing. Its really fun to drive.

Overall i am pretty satisfied with the fuel economy as well as i return me a fuel economy of 17km/l on highway with speed between 90 to 120 and 14 to 15 during single lane driving with AC on all the time . 3 adults at back and completely filled boot.

I am attaching some of the pics of my car, was not able to take the pic on route to ranchi as we were running behind time. had a pretty tight schedule.

I would love to answer any question which anyone want to ask. Signing off as of now. Thanks for reading.

Attachments

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 Petrol or Toyota Etios Liva Petrol?

@ surajsinhaa Glad that you are loving Liva. Did you test the ABS ? How is the brake's bite ?

Thread Starter #3

Hey Selva,

Sorry I forgot to mention it in my previous post.

I tasted the brakes at 120km/hr, and you can take my words. I don't think any hatchback currently (no offense to any other members), it's my personal opinion can match the breaking as well as the drive quality of this hatchback.

Lisa is the undisputed king in this segment. It's just awesome. Their were couple of instances where I had to apply sudden brake and that too at such high speed and with the car completely full with luggage and 5 occupants came to halt with minimum of fuss. Mind you even in my earlier car A star was fitted with ABS. But, man this is something. The brakes are awesome and I can vouch for it. [clap]

Thread Starter #4

Hi folks!!!,

Bad news. Couple of days back my car right hand side rear view mirror I.e the driver side mirror was hit by a motorcycle coming from wrong opposite direction.

It was so sudden that I couldn't do anything, by the time I pulled my car to the side of the road and get out the motorcycle lad fled away. I was so bloody pissed off that I don't know had I caught him, I don't know what i would have done. Honestly, it was completely his fault, it was early morning around 7am. And as is the case early morning or during late night people think that their will not be any policeman to reprimand them and hence they have the license to break laws.

The motorcycle guy was driving in the one way lane and I never expected to see anyone coming from that direction. Infact I couldn't see him, the only thing I heard was a loud this and the next thing I saw was my rear view glass fell on the road. Thankfully the damage is not much, no scratch and only the glass fell off on the road.

By the time I got out of my car 3 to 4 autos crossed over my rear view glass and it was shattered into pieces. Still , I picked it up so that I could show it to the service people and get it replaced.

That is bad. 2 wheelers these days are driving like they are going on a war front. Going out of home never to return.
Seriously 2 wheelers pisses me off when on road. Driving without a care for thier own life, other vehicles.
so finally what happened to your mirror? got it fixed? how much was the cost. Was it covered in Warranty?

We will be getting out ltd edition liva by sunday. Thanks to you once again. will post that review on TAI here too.

That is bad. 2 wheelers these days are driving like they are going on a war front. Going out of home never to return.
Seriously 2 wheelers pisses me off when on road. Driving without a care for thier own life, other vehicles.
so finally what happened to your mirror? got it fixed? how much was the cost. Was it covered in Warranty?

We will be getting out ltd edition liva by sunday. Thanks to you once again. will post that review on TAI here too.
Hey Vickyjoshi , What will be the waiting period for limited edition liva petrol. What is the total cost.

Thread Starter #7
Hey Vickyjoshi , What will be the waiting period for limited edition liva petrol. What is the total cost.
Hi Sunni,

The on road price of limited edition Toyota Liva Petrol is 6,80,000 . However, you can get some additional discount as per scheme running in your city by Toyota.

Right now I guess a discount of 20 to 30k is available. U can check with your local dealer. Also my school mate is posted in Bangalore at Toyota.

In case you need any help feel free to message me.

Hi Subbu,

The waiting period should not be more then 15 days at the max . The on road price is 6,80,000.
Cash discount is available , but it depends on your city and dealer.

I got a cash discount of 20,000 here in Bihar plus some accessories like mud flaps, trunk mata, floor mats and steering cover.

Mr. Joshi got a discount of around 30,000 in mumbai.

I have my friend working at Toyota Kirloskar, Bangalore. So , if you need any help in buying LIVA, you can message me.

Regards,

Suraj Sinha

Hey Vikram,

Yet not able to get it fixed due to some tight schedule. Locally the mirror is costing me 300 rupees. Toyota is asking for 1100 rupees.

Kind of confused myself. First need to check the local mirror. If it's good then I will go for it. But, if their is any differences between the two in terms of visibility and all then I will surely go with Toyota authorized service center.

Will update once I get it done.

Hi Subbu,

The waiting period should not be more then 15 days at the max . The on road price is 6,80,000.
Cash discount is available , but it depends on your city and dealer.

I got a cash discount of 20,000 here in Bihar plus some accessories like mud flaps, trunk mata, floor mats and steering cover.

Mr. Joshi got a discount of around 30,000 in mumbai.

I have my friend working at Toyota Kirloskar, Bangalore. So , if you need any help in buying LIVA, you can message me.

Regards,

Suraj Sinha

Thankyou so much Suraj for the information. Thanks for the help. I will surely msg you .

Thread Starter #10

Hi folks,

Just an update. Finally got my rear view side mirror fixed through local garage mechanic. Total cost just Rs.250 including all.

Thread Starter #11

Hi all,

Please find the attached pic of right hand side rear view mirror after getting installed!!

Forgot to attached it in my previous post.

Attachments

Thread Starter #12

Hi everybody,

I have one question. If you try to get a look in into the liva car engine you will find that the under hood of bonnet doesn't have a mat or any sound dampening material attach to it to reduce the volume of engine noise.

Though the engine noise is not much, but I believe whatever little noise engine makes during the ignition can be further tonnes down my getting a mat or sound dampening material installed under the hood as it is with most of the car.

My question is does anybody out here has any idea if I could get that installed from outside??

Your early response will be appreciated.

Hi everybody,

I have one question. If you try to get a look in into the liva car engine you will find that the under hood of bonnet doesn't have a mat or any sound dampening material attach to it to reduce the volume of engine noise.

Though the engine noise is not much, but I believe whatever little noise engine makes during the ignition can be further tonnes down my getting a mat or sound dampening material installed under the hood as it is with most of the car.

My question is does anybody out here has any idea if I could get that installed from outside??

Your early response will be appreciated.
Yes you can install it. Try to contact Toyota ASS and see if they procure one for you, If not, the other option is, buy damping material from online or some friends, and get it installed by any reputed FNG or even @ Toyota ASS!

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

MODS: DELETE THIS DUPLICATE POST
You should wait if you can. The facelift is launching on 13th september. You may get more discounts on the current car.

Thread Starter #15

Thankyou so much Suraj for the information. Thanks for the help. I will surely msg you .
Hi Subbu,

Did you go for the test drive of LIVA??

Do let me know how was your experience. Also, if you have any question after the test drive you can ask the same. I will be glad to help.

Top Bottom