Toyota Etios Liva Hatchback Starting Price Rs.3.99 Lakhs

Re: Toyota Etios Liva Coming this April; Now Delayed to June

SRV was flopped because it was overpriced. India does not have a market for pricey hatch as we consider hatch as inferior to sedan.

But Liva in all likelihood would be competitively priced. Although her sibling Etios is equally ugly but she is having a good run owing to Toyota badge, good powertrain and decent dynamics. These positives will be shared by Liva as well. So I feel it would be unwise to write off Liva at this time. Let us wait for Toyota to announce pricing and feature list first.

Thread Starter #32

350Z

Core Team
Re: Toyota Etios Liva Coming this April; Now Delayed to June

Motorbeam Blog has stated in an article that the Liva pricing starts at Rs.3.99 Lakhs. That's would mean around Rs.4.5 Lakhs on road. Not bad if the news is true.

The Toyota Etios Liva will be powered by a 1.2 liter petrol motor which produces 80PS of power. A diesel version will follow in later with prices of the car starting at Rs. 3.99 lakhs for the base petrol.
Drive Safe,
350Z

Re: Toyota Etios Liva Hatchback Coming on June 27th

Etios has 4 variants J, G, V & VX. If Liva follows same philosophy and introduce Liva J @ 3.99L without power steering & power window, it will be a disappointment.

If Liva starts at 3.99L then it should have these essential goodies. How the mid variants are priced would be interesting. Top model with alloy, ABS & EBD if priced @ 5.5L or below, then only it will make sense.

Liva has neither the looks nor the quality to match with Polo, Fabia & i20. So it should seriously undercut these cars and priced at par or at a slightly premium over Figo.

In an attempt to reduce price the gaskets are also removed In Etios which makes the dust and dirt trapped in between the door and body and also make room for lizards, insects, cockroaches etc to get inside the door and body and they can easily enter inside as soon as the door is opened. These gaskets would have not costed more than INR 4000 for all 4 doors.

The reduction in the quality of dampers and insulating material has made possible all the oscillations from the engine to get inside the passenger cabin and create nuisance for the driver.

Human vibration is defined as the effect of mechanical vibration on the human body and it has long been recognised that the effects of direct vibration on the human body can be serious. It can can lead to blurred vision, loss of balance, loss of concentration, etc. In some cases, certain frequencies can permanently damage internal body organs. However, during our normal daily lives we are exposed to vibration of one kind or another, for example, in buses, cars and trains. Human vibration can be pleasant or unpleasant and we try to avoid exposing ourselves to unpleasant vibration such as travelling on bumpy roads. There are two main types of human vibration – whole-body vibration and hand-arm vibration. A person driving a vehicle is subjected to whole-body vibration which can disturb the central nervous system. Symptoms of this disturbance usually appear during, or shortly after, exposure in the form of fatigue, insomnia, headache and shakiness. Many people have experienced these nervous symptoms after they have,for example, completed a long car journey. However, the symptoms usually disappear after a period of rest.

In India there are two very tough competitors Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai and we have definitely owned and driven their vehicle at one point of time in our family . Maruti and Hyundai also sell vehicles from starting INR 2L to 25L and we have always experienced that for them each car is pride and they give full service and attention to each category customer. Maruti and Suzuk has tried to provide maximum features to each vehicle and maintained quality in all their newly launched vehicles.There is no disparity among different vehicles and customers. Each customer is given due respect.

Strangely but true Toyota people try to escape the flaws in Etios by merely giving the excuse that it is priced less and that is why the problems are there. This is really insulting for the customer who has spent all his hard earned money for the Toyota brand.

Please understand that I have however spent 7.5 Lakh on procuring this vehicle and this is no way lower price that I have paid for buying Etios. I am a middle class person and I can not afford to sell this vehicle and look for another vehicle.If Toyota is facing any quality issues with the Etios they should admit it as they have done it gracefully in other parts of the world.

There is one more fact that all other Toyota vehicles were developed in Japan and have been launched worldwide in many countries and have undergone five or more than 5 modifications and in Toyota term it is called as generation which is mentioned in case of Corlla History on Toyota bharat website. Each generation is of approximately 5 years starting from 1966 -2011.

I own Toyota Etios and have driven it only 1900km in more than 90 days. My average driving is 2500 km per month. Why I do not drive Toyota Etios? – The reason is that there is no comfort. I still prefer to drive my 11 years old WagonR. My new Toyota Etios Sedan vibrates as if a tractor engine is fitted inside it. Remember it is a Petrol Engine.

We always prefer petrol over diesel fuel run vehicles because we do not mind spending more money on fuel and we do not like Engine Noise and Vibration.But in Toyota Etios Sedan you pay more for Petrol fuel and face the Engine Noise and Vibrations.

The vehicle lacks proper insulation and dampers used in the engine compartment which can reduce the engine noise inside the passenger cabin. The Etios design fails in this field as lot of noise is heard from engine and the tyres and road, inside the passenger cabin which causes irritation. After driving for few kilometers the vibrations get more intense and are felt through steering, dashboard, side arm rest and seats as they vibrate and make the journey tiring and boring for driver and passengers as well. This Vibration effect increase as the AC is switched “OFF”. You can live with it in Summers but what will happen in Winters?.

The other drawbacks include the absence of Weather gaskets in all the four doors. The absence of the gaskets make it convenient for dust, insects, lizards, cockroaches to get inside the Toyota Etios Sedan. Moreover the inside gaskets stick to the door in a manner that if you open the door after the gap of even 2 days, the door becomes very hard to open as the rubber gasket stick on the open-able door surface.and also the Quality of the paint is very poor, which just gets away as soon as it come in contact with any surface. The average is also close to half as claimed by Toyota.

I am surprised that after researching for 5 years in India and designing a vehicle as per the Indian standard conditions the Toyota Etios Sedan fails to impress in terms of the price being paid

Toyota Etios Sedan does not deserve to be even categorised a “SEDAN” as it does not provide basic comfort. It is by the virtue of the design that it is called “SEDAN”

Toyota Etios Sedan occupies more space on Road, but not in owner’s heart.

Had it not came from an Etios owner, many would have called above analysis a biased and anti toyota campaign. However having driven a colleagues Etios, I can fully understand the pain Munish is having in writing this post. Etios in short is an incomplete vehicle like a baby born prematurely. It is having a good engine with decent dynamics but cost cutting in other areas specially related to comfort has resulted in a half cooked product.

As for being categorized as an economical product: I feel that as compared to other Toyota it is economical . But compared with its peers it is not a economy product and by no stretch of imagination can be described as VFM product.

Once euphoria over Toyota badge goes, then Toyota will have to pull up its socks and improve Etios in many areas.

Review from ACI is here.

Toyota Liva review, test drive Review

With spoilers and skirts Liva's looks are acceptable specially in blue. Its the interior which is a real let down.

I'll pick Brio over Liva anyday.

Attachments

I dont know why Toyota guys have not taken care of the rear profile of both the Etios and the Liva. The front and the side profile is somewhat acceptable, but the rear looks too bland. Even the interiors of both the sedan as well as the hatchback version are ditto same!

Thread Starter #39

350Z

Core Team

The car is launching today. Let’s wait and watch for the pricing. More than the rear, I find front end to be disappointing in both the models. Not something, that one will expect in this century. You can catch the online webcast here: https://www.facebook.com/EtiosLiva?sk=app_6009294086

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #40

350Z

Core Team

The launch ceremony has almost begun!

Drive Safe,
350Z

Attachments

Thread Starter #43

350Z

Core Team

Etios Liva will return mileage of 18.31 Kmpl. Toyota claims that it has largest head clearance and can seat three people easily on back seat.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Attachments

Thread Starter #44

350Z

Core Team

The golve box has space of 13 Liters and comes equipped with temp. control.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Attachments

Thread Starter #45

350Z

Core Team

According to Toyota, Center Meter is an Active Safety feature. The car also has under body corrosion resistant metal.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Attachments

Top Bottom