Toyota Etios Liva (GD) Diesel 2012 - Ownership Review

Congrats on your purchase. Please update the thread frequently with your experience. I have noticed that several owners go quiet after the initial update - mostly because the car is performing fine if you overlook the small niggles [:)]

Hi Gillz,
Hearty congratulations for being a proud owner of Etios Liva. Very nicely written review explaining each and every detail so well. Toyota reliability is legendary. This car (if well maintained) should serve you a long time.

Thread Starter #18
Thanks @ Gurrala74, @rahul_s @hakki

I will try to keep this post upto date.

So here's my first FE Report....

First tank full at 170 km
Second tank full at 525 km @19.5 lit

So FE comes out to be 525-170/19.5 = 18.20 km per litre approx (50 % city and 50 % highway)

Thread Starter #19
So here's my 2nd FE Report.... @1300

So FE comes out to be 1354 km - 525 km / 41 lit = 20.21 km per litre approx (30 % city and 70 % highway)
Tank full method

Very happy with the car, Also went for the first service. got only car wash and interior cleaning and general checkup. Time taken for service 2 hrs, as i got 9 am time slot , if u get any other time slot, service time increase to 5 hrs. no idea why.

In your review, one point surprised[surprise] me about Ritz as you said your knees were touching the center console. My legs are longer and that the reason I had to opt for Ritz last year as its comfortable and I have also drove Liva and I felt it is bit congested in driving area and my legs were touching the steering column. Yes agree that Ritz has a body roll, but we cannot help it as it is a complete toll boy, but at the same time you get lot of headroom in this.
RK, I am sorry, but cant agree with you this time! I have driven Liva and its the most specious car in its segment. Driver seat & driving were very comfortable. About ritz , i have experienced that left leg touches the console for a normal driving style, but thats not a big issue because of the space & comfort it offers due to its tall boy design.
I agree that interiors in Liva could have been of better quality, but again this is also not a big issue as everthing practically functional making it more vfm car. What really impressed me about this car is Diesel variant had ABS as standard..[clap]

RK, I am sorry, but cant agree with you this time! I have driven Liva and its the most specious car in its segment. Driver seat & driving were very comfortable. About ritz , i have experienced that left leg touches the console for a normal driving style, but thats not a big issue because of the space & comfort it offers due to its tall boy design.
I agree that interiors in Liva could have been of better quality, but again this is also not a big issue as everthing practically functional making it more vfm car. What really impressed me about this car is Diesel variant had ABS as standard..[clap]
OK, Sandip, to check your view, I will try and take one more TD of Liva and give my report on the same[:)]. But as I have seen all the cars of Toyota from the beginning and Etios range really disappointed me with some cheap interiors. I am not against Etios twins here but I blame Toyota for this.

You are correct RK, the interiors are of cheap quality and we ar really disappointed with toyota for this.
But what really important is drive quality, ease of handling , comfort all, mileage & most impotantly safety ! I think liva scores here.
So when you TD liva , we would like to hear your expert views on above mentioned points also.
I am eagerly waiting for them.

Thread Starter #23
Just came back from a day trip to Golden Temple Amritsar from Chandigarh (460 km from my house - return trip).

Have to say, First time in my life came back home from a trip without neck sprain/pain. Car handling was great, very comfortable ride, back seat had 3 adults plus my 3 yrs daughter and they them self told me that it was a comfortable ride for them in the back [clap] Good job toyota.

Never felt that car with 5 adults + 1 kid was under-powered even with AC on.

Also went for a TD i20 2 days back for my brother in law. The interiors were ok ok nothing great about it. And the back seat is so uncomfortable and up right position, whereas liva gives you a sofa like feeling @ the back.

Attachments

Hi All,

Am planning on buying an Etios Liva Petrol soon. Have already paid the initial charges. My shortlists were -
Hyundai I20
Toyota Etios Liva
Volkswagan Polo
Ford Figo (heard very bad reviews about its petrol version)
Maruti Ritz

For a long 1 month research on all these cars, finally decided to go for Liva (am 6ft 3 inches )

Friends - please let me know about your experiences with the Liva Petrol. Also am going iwth Silver color after a lot of deliberations and considerations (personally i like the Red color on the Liva but if i have to think pratically about the maintenance i got to consider either the While or Silver :))

Hi All,

Am planning on buying an Etios Liva Petrol soon. Have already paid the initial charges. My shortlists were -
Hyundai I20
Toyota Etios Liva
Volkswagan Polo
Ford Figo (heard very bad reviews about its petrol version)
Maruti Ritz

For a long 1 month research on all these cars, finally decided to go for Liva (am 6ft 3 inches )

Friends - please let me know about your experiences with the Liva Petrol. Also am going iwth Silver color after a lot of deliberations and considerations (personally i like the Red color on the Liva but if i have to think pratically about the maintenance i got to consider either the While or Silver :))
Congrats friend.
I was also in same situation a week back as i like red a lot in brio but somehow booked white color.
In liva also i feel white look better than any other color but again its my personal taste.
White & silver both are practical colors as you also said.
Best of luck.

Congrats friend.
I was also in same situation a week back as i like red a lot in brio but somehow booked white color.
In liva also i feel white look better than any other color but again its my personal taste.
White & silver both are practical colors as you also said.
Best of luck.
Hi Sanjay,

You rightly said. White and Silver both are practical colors on Indian Roads. I have booked the Symphony Silver color for my Liva. So did you consider Liva as one of the options for your choice? If yes, any particular reason why you rejected it?

If you ask me, the new Beige interiors and improved suspension done during the last 2 months is what changed my mind to go with the Liva. Else was considering either I20 or Polo.

Regards,
Anand

Thread Starter #27
So here's my 3rd FE Report @2150 km

So FE comes out to be 2150 km - 1354 km / 38.82 lit = 20.50 km per litre approx
Tank full method

My 4th FE Report @3078 km

FE comes out to be 3078 km - 2150 km / 38.66 lit = 24 km per litre [:D] approx
Tank full method

love my liva. great car.

Last edited by a moderator:
phew. thats something to take note of [:)] happy for you. I hope my Petrol liva (to be delivered this weekend) matches upto the good petrol mileage expectations.

hello bro.
i also have a liva GD and im very happy with this car.
i m from barnala punjab.

i want chrome ac rings and chrome gear knob, the showroom price is high.
so tell me is it available in open market or from where i can buy it.
thanks

hello bro.
i also have a liva GD and im very happy with this car.
i m from barnala punjab.

i want chrome ac rings and chrome gear knob, the showroom price is high.
so tell me is it available in open market or from where i can buy it.
thanks
How much are they quoting for the chrome AC rings and gear knob ? In bangalore the dealership price is around 1.25k. But you can surely bargain a lot, especially if there are multiple Toyota dealers in your city.

Top Bottom