Toyota Etios Liva Fog Bulb Replacement (PSX24W)

Thread Starter #1
I have toyota stock fog bulbs in my toyota etios liva gd 2012 model. It uses psx24w bulb which is very rare and is not available readily. My bulbs got fused.
Which bulbs can i use to replace these stock bulbs?I heard h16 are similar.
Also I am concerned about wattage.Can i replace 24w with 35w without any burn and any short circuit or any other danger?

Currently the bulb is this one.
https://www.amazon.in/Philips-12276...=automotive&sprefix=psx,automotive,686&sr=1-1

Thread Starter #4
Thanks. I found leds on aliexpress.Most of the led are of lesser watts so no problem their. But other issue i am facing is what colour temperature i should go for?
Here are 2 issues.
1.what colour temperature is legal for fog lights in india?
2.Also i am looking for something that actually works in fog and not anything fancy. What temperature is suitable for fog?AS far as i know it should be lesser than 6000k

bhvm

Honoured Member
I would not suggest Led replacement as it's very hard to get a good beam pattern & color. Stick to oem bulbs.

Thread Starter #6
i agree with you.after reading i also came to conclusion that led replacement is not good. The only option is to go for oem parts. psx24w halogen are not good quality on aliexpress.
If i choose to go for oem there are only 2 places boodmo or the service centre. But i am thinking is it possible to upgrade psx24w? I heard its similar to h16. not sure if i can fit h16 in that.
Psx24w is always 24w.

H
I have toyota stock fog bulbs in my toyota etios liva gd 2012 model. It uses psx24w bulb which is very rare and is not available readily. My bulbs got fused.
Which bulbs can i use to replace these stock bulbs?I heard h16 are similar.
Also I am concerned about wattage.Can i replace 24w with 35w without any burn and any short circuit or any other danger?

Currently the bulb is this one.
https://www.amazon.in/Philips-12276B1-HiPerVision-PSX24W-12276/dp/B01I3OTXC0/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3VTYNHG49Q2XJ&keywords=psx24w&qid=1569003290&s=automotive&sprefix=psx,automotive,686&sr=1-1

HI,
I need to replace 1 of my Etios fog lights.
How did you manage to replace yours?
Don't know how to get to the light socket...

Top Bottom