Toyota Etios GD (Harmony Beige) Ownership Review

Re: Ownership Review by Raghuram - Toyota Etios GD (Harmony Beige)

Nice detailed review. congrats
How about servicing experience and costs ?

Nice set of pictures buddy.

The car looks very impressive. Good choice of the color.

Congratulations!

Thread Starter #18

Nice detailed review. congrats
How about servicing experience and costs ?
First service was got done within 15 days from the date of purchase in Nov. 2011. The cost was "Zero". Booked the car for service 3-4 days in advance. Reached the service centre at 9.00 am and got delivery by 11.30 am. First service in essentially a routing check and washing. Nothing more.

Second service is due at 10000 kms. and I am another 1500 kms. away from the magic figure. I am told it would cost around Rs. 1,700/-. Would give my detailed experience on it may be during the month of April 2012.

However, whatever limited interactions I had with the service people, were good. As mentioned in my "Ownership review", my experience with the Toyota on-road service people was also good.

lxi.

Suspended

Very nice pics buddy.
Dil khush kar diya!
The Car looks brilliant in Beige!

Suggestion- One thing is not looking nice at all - THE PARKING SENSORS.
Maybe paint them Beige colour, Is spoiling the look of the rear.

Thread Starter #20
Very nice pics buddy.
Dil khush kar diya!
The Car looks brilliant in Beige!

Suggestion- One thing is not looking nice at all - THE PARKING SENSORS.
Maybe paint them Beige colour, Is spoiling the look of the rear.
Thanks for the complements !!! I am with you regarding the colour of parking sensors. The colour of the sensors available in the mkt. were not matching with the colour of the car, hence got fitted black colour. As suggested will try to get it painted in Beige colour.

As mentioned in my Ownership review, I am getting an awsome average of around 21-22 kmpl. I am giving below a graph of the fuel economy till date from the date of purchase... AWESOME....

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

lxi.

Suspended

What about some upgrades?[evil]

See, My friend got some LED work done on his car.
Dont know the cost.
Here is a pic[:)]-

317748_243421232383878_100001480099602_703906_286850401_n.jpg

Cheers.

Excellent Review Raghuram,

Good to see another happy Etios owner like me (Etios G -17000+km ). I also happen to be near your office area at Ph II . How about catching up sometime?

Thread Starter #23

Excellent Review Raghuram,

Good to see another happy Etios owner like me (Etios G -17000+km ). I also happen to be near your office area at Ph II . How about catching up sometime?
Anytime. It would be my pleasure.[:)]

Last edited by a moderator:

Those pictures were nice and the color is brilliant for this sedan. [clap]
No plans to put sun-films and fog-lamps?

@lxi the LEDs in that car looks too bling bling wonder how will he drive keeping those in full swing[confused]

Thread Starter #25

Those pictures were nice and the color is brilliant for this sedan. [clap]
No plans to put sun-films and fog-lamps?
Thanks for the complements....

Winter is over, hence no need for fog-lamps. Anyway, I don't like fog lamps. It creates more problem for vehicles coming head on rather than helping during foggy night. I don't know about Bangalore, but in Delhi people don't have traffic sense. They don't know when to use high beam, leave alone fog-lamp.[anger]

But since summer is setting in, surely we go in for sun-films.

@ishwaraghu, excellent write up! Etios fits the bill perfectly if someone needs a no-nonsense practical car.

Regarding the reverse light, it is like in most European cars where one side it is reverse light on the other side you get rear fog lamp. It is quite odd looking.

Thread Starter #27

@CrazyCat... But can I have the other side reverse light activated too ???? [confused] Surely there must be a bulb inside or it would have been left blank....

Hi ishwaraghu,

Welcome to The Automotive India. Many congratulations for your Etios.

@lxi: Dont those blue leds cause distraction during the drive.

lxi.

Suspended

@akash and vishwas, I also feel the same.
But, They are planted on the outside (Just between the windshield and A pillar) in a way that they face outwards. So, They cause distraction for the oncomers.
Otherwise, My friend (Siddharth) usually uses this for some showoff purpose (You know what I mean - Gals! [:)]). And , During Highways, He switches them off and in city , Sometimes he uses in the evening, After 7-8pm, It becomes too much glowy!

Thread Starter #30

Regarding water seepage, I find it amusing !!! Agreed, rubber beading is missing from the doors, but the same is there on the other side & it is virtually impossible for water to seep in. I have personally supervised during washing during first service & found no water seepage. Yes, over a period of time, dirt does got accumulated in the gaps on account of missing beads. If not cleaned regularly, the door becomes tight occasionally with the rubber beads on one side sticking on the metal sheet due to moisture/dust & more force is required to open the door in such cases. On second thoughts, I feel additional rubber beading could have been given on the doors to prevent occasional jamming. But, the company still can do the beeding fitting at extra cost for existing vehicles & I feel Etios owners would welcome it. If given an option, I would surely get it done at extra cost.
Couple of days back there was heavy rains during the night in Delhi. Mind it, it was indeed very heavy for nearly half an hour. But in the morning when I opened the door while leaving for office, there was no signs of water seepage through the door on account of so called missing rubber beadings.

Top Bottom