Toyota Corolla - World's Best Selling Car in Danger

Thread Starter #1
Toyota Corolla is the world’s best selling car in the world for many years now.

A recent report published by Forbes states that Hyundai sold a massive 1.01 million units of Elantra in 2011. The Elantra thus joins an elite list of cars that have all sold more than a million units in a single year that includes Toyota Corolla, Ford Model T and Volkswagen Beetle. As if that was not enough, Hyundai sold just 10,000 Elantras less than the global top-seller Toyota Corolla.

The massive earthquake and tsunami that caused widespread destruction and disrupted production in the first half to the flash floods in Thailand that affected the production in the second half, 2011 has been a devastating year for Japanese manufacturers, especially Toyota and Honda.

Now we have to watch in 2012 , who will emerge as a winner.
MotorBeam

Re: Toyota Corolla -World best Selling car in danger

I think Corolla will regain its sales after Toyota regain their normal production limit.

BTW I have a feeling Elantra has a good future if it gets launched in India.

350Z

Core Team
Re: Toyota Corolla -World best Selling car in danger

Over the time, Corolla has proved it reliability and been one of the best selling cars across the globe. I remember that a few years ago Toyota published a booklet along with a magazine boasting about it. This car has certainly helped the company to build up their name. But since there are some really trustworthy sedans coming up in this segment, let us see how long it can survive.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Sheer hard work, perseverance, good products and a sound marketing strategy. Who could have thought that a Hyundai would one day challenge the might of Toyota, and that too a Corolla?

Top Bottom