Toyota Corolla Altis Tyre Replacement & Upsize (195/65 R15 To 205/65 R15)

Hi All,
I have no idea, how i missed this post!! I too own an Altis, 2009, petrol. Bought it 2 yrs back, used it hardly for 6k Km!! :(. Jus got my tyre upgraded to the 205/65/15. The ride has been comfortable. Is anyone having issues with the break pedal.. hissing sound from pedal when i press it. I got it checked with a mechanic and he said it is an issue with the break booster!! Any insights on this issue?

Hi,
If your braking is fine I wouldn't bother about the sound. If there's anything wrong with your braking system, you would feel it in the brake pedal (vibration, hard pedal, spongy pedal etc.) as well as braking efficiency. From what I understand, the brake booster is used to reduce the effort required to push the brake pedal. If your booster goes bad, you will feel the pedal very hard to press. Please read the article here BrakeBooster. It has everything one needs to know about this as well as how to test it on your own.

Generally, I stay away from workshops unless I physically experience a problem with my car while driving. I've learned this from my past experiences.

Top Bottom