Toyota Corolla Altis Diesel Road Test Review

I own the Altis petrol from past 7 years and boy, what a car it is! Extremely powerful road presence and low maintenance costs.

Nothing has ever broken down. Ride quality is better than my friend's BMW 535i and E-class chiefly due to low noise levels and great suspension.

Other than the new corolla Altis, there is nothing in the market that is so cheap to maintain, is so comfortable and looks great.

I won't be selling mine anytime soon!

I own the Altis petrol from past 7 years and boy, what a car it is! Extremely powerful road presence and low maintenance costs.

Nothing has ever broken down. Ride quality is better than my friend's BMW 535i and E-class chiefly due to low noise levels and great suspension.

Other than the new corolla Altis, there is nothing in the market that is so cheap to maintain, is so comfortable and looks great.

I won't be selling mine anytime soon!
Whats your yearly expense on its maintenance ? I am planning to buy a 2nd hand, hence need to know.

Whats your yearly expense on its maintenance ? I am planning to buy a 2nd hand, hence need to know.
Sorry for the late reply - I was on a business tour.

Maintenence costs hover between 6.5k-9k. When buying second hand, check its brakes, brake pads as they are expensive to replace (~16k for each axle).

Sorry for the late reply - I was on a business tour.

Maintenence costs hover between 6.5k-9k. When buying second hand, check its brakes, brake pads as they are expensive to replace (~16k for each axle).
Thanks for the reply.
Did you change Break Pads or other parts. Can you tell their cost ?
If i get some rates, i can decide if i should buy it.

Like i have changed below parts of my alto (does not include labour):
Break pads of alto, they cost 500 to 700 Rs for 2.
Suspensions backside 1200 each.
All 4 wheel bearings cost 2400 so approx 600 Rs each.
Wipers - 350 for both.
Front wind shield 5K.
Side mirrors originals - 250 each.
Internal adjustable (after market) 600 each.

Last edited:

Top Bottom