Toyota Altis or Maruti Suzuki Ciaz?

Thread Starter #1
Hello TAI,
So I had a Honda city gxi 2005 . I bought it in 2016 for 1.15 lakhs . Did a lot of work on that car , almost of 2+ lakhs including a whole new engine. And finally when i couldnt take it anymore i sold it. So now i want to buy a car again..which wont hurt me like my city did. I was a newbie so I have better sense of car condition now. Anyway. My options are.
Honda city i-vtech model.
Corolla (that car would be too temporary if i buy it)
Corolla altis (specifically the VL+ AT model)
Now i am not thinking about budget right now.. what i am more keen to know is reliability.. because both the city and altis coming my budget would be 8-10 year old. Which is newer then my prior car.. still would i be able to live happily with them? And will such an old Altis be able to take me to long distances like Mumbai to Rajasthan..and the bad patches of road in between? and if I buy the Altis.. will I be able to buy a ciaz later? Would it seem like a upgrade or a downgrade?

Honda city Ivtech is a proven engine , Altis (assuming a petrol automatic , I won't recommend , as being poor mileage , and not much performance) , Ciaz (Its a great product from Maruti Suzuki , always hassle free maintenance) .
My pick would be City(ATManual) >Ciaz(Manual)>Altis (AT)

Now i am not thinking about budget right now.. what i am more keen to know is reliability.
When budget is not a (major) criteria, get a brand new car eyes closed.

will such an old Altis be able to take me to long distances like Mumbai to Rajasthan..and the bad patches of road in between?
Yes, but how frequently you should travel and how well the car is taken care in past is the question

if I buy the Altis.. will I be able to buy a ciaz later?
After all it's your money, who is gonna stop you?

Would it seem like a upgrade or a downgrade?
Obviously a downgrade, no doubts

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
If you already have bad experience from buying a second hand car why go that path again ?
Buy a new small car and get 5 years warranty. Discount post covid will increase more.

Thread Starter #5
I am too keen on buying the ciaz but the altis really catches my eye, for a 2011-2013 car it has a lot of features and probably more comfort and performance then a ciaz. Right?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a Ciaz vxi plus petrol 2014 done 85000 KM believe not a single problem.You will be surprised the tyres stock one can still do 20000KM.Strech your budget a bit a go for New Ciaz.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
I have a Ciaz vxi plus petrol 2014 done 85000 KM believe not a single problem.You will be surprised the tyres stock one can still do 20000KM.Strech your budget a bit a go for New Ciaz.
Can you upload closeup shots of the tyres. Would love to see the condition after 85k kms. You must be driving on highways otherwise it's impossible to reach those figures in city.

Can you upload closeup shots of the tyres. Would love to see the condition after 85k kms. You must be driving on highways otherwise it's impossible to reach those figures in city.
Yes it is my workhorse mostly driven in city.Will post pics at present weather is hot will click when parked in my work place parking .

Most tyres do run for 40-45k km , if maintained well .
Yes I am also surprised. These are MRF zvts.I was planning to change since they are noisy since beginning,but
When I see the condition I changed my mind.Unfortunately wall of one of the tyres got a cut and have to replace now.

MRF zvts are build for last in my experience. Low road grip is only the issue but can take lot of beat very rugged they will not ask once in 5000km balancing too. Marvelous tires.

Top Bottom