Toy Car: Tata Tiago XZA [Done 7,500 Kms]

Bad luck.

During Sunday evening's severe duststorm in Noida, a tree fell down on ToyCar damaging it considerably on its body shell. No impact on engine, suspension, electricals or else.

Going for claiming the insurance obviously. Being a zero-dep one, nothing major to be paid by me. It'll be back in about 20-25 days hopefully.

The left most branch crashed on bonnet. The middle one crashed on A-Pillar. The right one crashed on Side Body Panel between roof and front left door. After the initial hit, it slided down immediately. Fortunately, the left ORVM was not damaged at all.

And the most heartbreaking thing is, it fell down in front of our eyes when we were enjoying the cool breeze in our balcony.
Hello Sachin,

That's a massive hit, and your car has come out without much damage, super Tata build quality, a Maruti would have crumbled like a cookie.

All the best for your toy car's rehab.

Regards
Vinod

Thread Starter #33
The workshop gave an estimate of whopping 1 lakh rupees!!! Thankfully, everything is approved and hopefully it'll be back in its original glory soon. [:)]

The workshop gave an estimate of whopping 1 lakh rupees!!! Thankfully, everything is approved and hopefully it'll be back in its original glory soon.
Sad to see your Tiago hurt. I wish you get your car back in all its glory. All the best!

PS: Which insurance provider is that and where did you buy the policy from?

Thread Starter #35
Sad to see your Tiago hurt. I wish you get your car back in all its glory. All the best!

PS: Which insurance provider is that and where did you buy the policy from?
Thanks.

It is insured with New India Assurance. I purchased it initially myself and saved good money. Renewed it online recently.
I came to know that they give cashless claims only in some cases and one has to request it every time while giving the first intimation. It can be either on their toll free number or some other mode, but the insured must request for it. Strange!

Well, I requested it afterwards through an application on plain paper, and they accepted it.

Looks like 2nd week of May are not good times for our respective Tiagos.
Even mine met with a silliest freak accident.
But it is back in shape.
Inspite of zero dep. I had to shell for consumables and towing around 1500 was re-imbursed. But overall car is back in shape.
Got the cashless claim from my dealership, but had to follow up with the insurance office for 64VB confirmation and Liablity letter to the dealership.
The car was ready in a week, but the surveyor took a sweet time in creating reports and submission to claims hub. Otherwise, things were handled smoothly by national insurance.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #38
ToyCar is back!

They repaired it in 6 days flat, but the insurance processes took their own leisure course of time. Still after a lot of coaxing and haggling, it is done and I got my car back. [:)]
The paint process took 3-4 days alone and rest was an easy part of fitting the panels.
Honestly, with their lousy attitude and more so with their established reputation, I was expecting my car to be back after a month atleast. And I almost forgot about the car for first week! I was slightly busy with the sarkari Insurance company, New India. They left no stone unturned in upsetting my mood.
I started following up with Sagar Motors only after the first week and that is when I got to know that my car has been repaired.

Some minor things left bad taste, like they scratched the car at many places. Most of them were tiny, but one on ORVM was enough for me to lose patience. They did a shabby job to hide it.

The gloss on replaced painted parts was not upto the mark. I had to force them to put another round of machine based rubbing and polishing.

They returned car with very dirty interiors. I came to know about it next morning. Had to take it for a wash at a local garage myself. Front left seat fabric has 4 tiny holes due to metal welding sparks. Driver side floor carpet mat is missing. Roof and left A-pillar are very dirty.

Had a word with them, and waiting for a resolution.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
The paint process took 3-4 days alone and rest was an easy part of fitting the panels.
Honestly, with their lousy attitude and more so with their established reputation, I was expecting my car to be back after a month atleast. .....I started following up with Sagar Motors only after the first week and that is when I got to know that my car has been repaired.
.......Had a word with them, and waiting for a resolution.
Escalate the issue to Mr. Virender Singh. He is one very humble and reasonable person. My one point of contact is him for everything in regards to my car.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #40
Looks like 2nd week of May are not good times for our respective Tiagos.
Even mine met with a silliest freak accident.
But it is back in shape.
Inspite of zero dep. I had to shell for consumables and towing around 1500 was re-imbursed. But overall car is back in shape.
Got the cashless claim from my dealership, but had to follow up with the insurance office for 64VB confirmation and Liablity letter to the dealership.
The car was ready in a week, but the surveyor took a sweet time in creating reports and submission to claims hub. Otherwise, things were handled smoothly by national insurance.
Good to know that your car is also back in shape.

Yes, zero depreciation is a good insurance to have, but then they have another ways of troubling you.

I was forced to pay additional 5% as Scrap or Salvage Value. It was calculated on complete bill. When I asked why is this being calculated on whole bill and not only on parts replaced, they reduced the amount.

Everyone out there is trying to snatch your money with unique methods. Play safe guys. [:)]

Escalate the issue to Mr. Virender Singh. He is one very humble and reasonable person. My one point of contact is him for everything in regards to my car.

Regards

Akash
Thanks Akash.
Who is Mr. Virender Singh?

I have already escalated it to GM-Service of Sagar Motor, Mr. Vijay Taneja. He came ahead enthusiastically, and assured of a best possible resolution. He kept my car with him for another day.

Let's see what happens next. [:)]

Last edited by a moderator:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Thanks Akash.
Who is Mr. Virender Singh?

I have already escalated it to GM-Service of Sagar Motor, Mr. Vijay Taneja. He came ahead enthusiastically, and assured of a best possible resolution. He kept my car with him for another day.

Let's see what happens next.
Virender ji is GM Sales however, one of the most matured and humble guy (from my experience so far). Drop in a word to him on your next visit. I guess my dad had spoken to Mr. Taneja only initially when the fuel flap issue was there in my Tigor. I do agree with you on the cleaning part as I myself have faced it right on the day of car's delivery. I infact mentioned it in my owner's review and their feedback form too. Keep me posted on it bro.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #45
Lol..
Car is looking absolutely same as before. [;)]

I managed to snatch original Tata Accessory seat covers for their lapses. They drycleaned and polished complete interiors and found my lost carpet mat as well!

They have further given to me in writing that they will give a coat of machine rubbing and polishing on roof on next visit.

Took my car to temple again for renewed blessings of Almighty.

Going on a long trip after few days.

Top Bottom