Toy Car: Tata Tiago XZA [Done 7,500 Kms]

Thread Starter #1
ToyCar -- Tiago XZA [done 6800 KMs]

I purchased it in April-2017 in Delhi.
Picked it over many others due to fantastic VFM features. It is loaded to max in its price bracket.
After Sales Service is still not upto my liking. I have experienced pretty good times with Maruti, Hyundai, Toyota and Honda. This is first buy from Tata stable in my home.

Car as a product is good and feels sturdy. Since it's a pretty heavy car, FE is not going to make you smile quite often. Acceleration and top-speeds are good. Driving behaviour is good, and grips the road beautifully during soft corners. Brake bite is as expected. ABS kicks in at precise time. Steering input is not meant for a hot-blooded or heavy footed enthusiast, but for a sane enthusiast. It darts the car in expected direction.

XZA tackles all inclines in hills easily. Wherever a normal car can go, it can follow. No drama at all.

CITY driving mode is good for people who are not in a hurry and have patience while gaining momentum.
SPORTS mode is for, well, people in a hurry.
MANUAL mode is for usual manual driving pleasure.

Headlight beams are enough for driving in cities. For highways, these are adequate for me. but other users might have a different opinion. I might replace them with Philips Xtreme Vision Plus soon. Osram night Breakers are good for low beams. PXVs are good for high-beams. Low-beam on PXVs is like OEM bulbs only.
Fog lights are useless. Pathetic 19w bulbs only. Disappointed.

Car is performing without much fuss. 3rd service is due.
I have already taken Extended Warranty for additional 2 years. I have also purchased some Gold Plan (or some other name) cover to take care of consumables etc. till 2 years from date of registration.

Regarding its performance on open stretches:
Touched 140kmph with AC in Sports mode. No drama. Easily attainable.
Reached 150kmph with AC in manual mode in 4th gear. Easy job.
Switched off AC for a good 155-160kmph (on speedo) in 4th gear in manual mode.
I think that's max for this tiny 3-pot car.
I'm impressed!

As an information:
2nd/3rd in AUTO CITY upshifts between 2000-5000 RPMs depending on throttle input [max cut-off]
3rd in AUTO SPORTS upshifts at 5500 RPM [max cut-off]
2nd in MANUAL upshifts automatically at 6000RPM [Needle turns red for a moment]
3rd in MANUAL upshifts automatically at 6000RPM [Needle turns red for a moment]

Thread Starter #3
Re: Toy Car: Tata Tiago XZA [Done 6,800 Kms]

Tested the ABS on XZA yesterday after light drizzle in morning leaving some backroads with wet gravel and some mud. A perfect combination for skidding and locking of wheels under slightest of braking. It was pure fun to test it on empty stretches.

I tried atleast 10 hard braking manoeuvers after hitting the brakes at a good speed of about 40KMPH. The pedal vibrated harshly, I panicked a bit for a moment but kept it pressed.
There was no skid noise, mark or any other tell-tale of a hard braking. It seems that straight line braking distance has increased, but I have no clue how it would have behaved in given conditions in a non-ABS car. And the steering control during subsequent attempts was awesome.

I was easily able to change the directions by flicking the steering few times from left to right to left to right! Car never felt out of control. Luckily no fish-tailing either. [:D]

With this mischief, I reached my office with a grin plastered on my face. Loved the first ABS car in our home. [:)]

Thread Starter #4

For the first time, I tried to capture the performance of Tiago XZA's original headlamps.
https://youtu.be/OjYI25yZKHI

I find them pretty okay. Although the intensity and performance looks slightly better in (phone) camera, these can be improved a bit with better 'plug and play' bulbs having same wattage.

Will try clicking photos instead of shaky video when the new bulbs arrives.

mayankdixit

Honoured Member

Congratulations on your new car. Where are the pictures. Please can you post some photos of your car.

Hey Sachin,
Congrats on your XZA, looks like you are having fun with the car barring service experience. Hooking up to your thread for further updates. Please do post pics of your ride for us!

Free advice: When you share YouTube videos, paste the full link so that it embeds in your post vs show up as external link.

Thread Starter #8

Thanks Prabhagar.
Tiago XZA is a nice VFM package, but coming from Tata it has its own share of niggles.
Though people say that things are improving a lot, but I am a first time Tata buyer thus can't comment on improvement.

And thanks for the YT links stuff. I post similar links in many other online forums, and they show up like a mini-player within the post. But not here on TIA.

Edit: Is there a way to get the thread name edited?

You can click the warning triangle at the bottom left of your first post and report it to admin, requesting your new title.
A big shout out to @Prabhagar, for responding quickly to how to edit the title of a thread, I was struggling for quite some while, I did it for my thread on NMG Nano XTA and got the response from the team with the requisite addition.

Thanks once again.

Regards
Vinod

mayankdixit

Honoured Member

Nice pics.The first one is the sweetest.I love this small wonder from tata.If not for Nexon,I would have gone for this.
You have a big frame(from your pics only),enjoy this, then go for Hexa next time.[;)]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #14

Nice pics.The first one is the sweetest.I love this small wonder from tata.If not for Nexon,I would have gone for this.
You have a big frame(from your pics only),enjoy this, then go for Hexa next time.[;)]
Hahaha!
Yes, this ToyCar is li'l small for my build and size. My earlier ride WagonR was also tad smaller for me but I spent 10+ years in that wonderful car. Tiago is slightly wider than WagonR hence a bit more comfortable, but due to my 6' height, I miss that headroom.

We were in the market for XUV/Hexa. XUV was getting old, and Hexa was under Tata. So instead of blocking (read wasting!) my 20 grands on Hexa, we chose to pick a new product from so-called improvised Tata i.e., a Tigor-AT/AMT. But Tigor didn't had AT/AMT option at its launch so we picked Tiago-AMT as a test-mule! [:D]

And guess what, we saved our 20 grands. [evil]

Thread Starter #15

*Update*

ToyCar's zero-dep bumper-to-bumper insurance is renewed online myself for 2nd year.
First year insurance was for INR 14,535 and now for second year it is for INR 11,263.

Top Bottom