Top Gear on BBC

Ya not many old top gear shows are available to view.
I remember one show from 1998 or 1999 car of the year episode cos it had alot of cars including the CLK GTR stacked in a late evening light setting,i was at a guests house & remember staring at the TV when guests were trying to talk to me
As for the Schumi thing it was obvious,otherwise they would need there whole years budget to pay him ,they would use other drivers too ,not always Ben Collins. The Ben Collins thing became popular cos he left the job & started ranting about it with 5th gear(tv show).

Oh as for the Schumi thing i had a friend who insisted it could have been Schumi all through those years,but after some counter points including "having him as a host would bring more views" he agreed.
I have come to the same conclusion after a scour of the internet, I guess piracy wasn't such a big thing in our childhood... [;)]

Yep, like whenever it was the Stig's "cousin" it was some other racing driver. He got a lot of attention because of the legal controversy surrounding his book, in which he mentioned his role as the stig before he had actually ended his contract with the BBC.

I briefly fell for it as well to be honest, but then reconsidered a few weeks later. [surprise]

Got this from a friend. Dunno if its an actal interlude from one of the episodes:
Yes this is the "next episode" after Hammond tested the G63 6x6

So the next episode James points out to how Mercedes are proud of their heritage but forgot / missed out they made a 6 wheel merc before [:)] (pretty much cos Hitler used it)

Last edited by a moderator:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Jeremy clarkson dropped from the series[shock][surprise][frustration]

But if rumors are true that he punched the producer just because the food was not hot then he crossed the line and deserved it.

Jeremy clarkson dropped from the series[shock][surprise][frustration]
Clarkson got away with racist and poor conduct for a very long time.( because of his reputation ) Now it seems that BBC came to senses after a physical assault on one of its producers.
Sad thing will be that other channels will be queuing to take him and the racist behaviour will simply shift to other channels from BBC.

Top Bottom