Tool Kit Suggestions

Thread Starter #1
Hello everyone, Looking for a basic Box spanner/wrech set. Not much familiar with the tools, so looking for some guidance here. Need the set mainly for basic Oil change and some small works in my bikes. Already have the necessary size ring and c spanners, but not able to generate enough torque with them to remove some bolts.

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
If you want a basic compact set,go for Stanley 3/8 socket set. Very good for bikes DIY purpose. I have been regularly using this set on my bike and Its small,light wt and handy enough for bike related stuff. You can look up some pics in my thread here My Tool Collection & DIY Adventures With Them.
If you want more pics and more types/varieties of tools just go through the whole thread. I am sure you will find something you like!

Last edited:
If you want a basic compact set,go for Stanley 3/8 socket set. Very good for bikes DIY purpose. I have been regularly using this set on my bike and Its small,light wt and handy enough for bike related stuff. You can look up some pics in my thread here My Tool Collection & DIY Adventures With Them.
If you want more pics and more types/varieties of tools just go through the whole thread. I am sure you will find something you like!
I thought of suggesting OP to PM you because you are the right person to answer OP, fortunately you found the thread and answered.

Thread Starter #4
Thanks doc. I will look into the Stanley set. I have been following the thread, but haven't got time to go through it fully.
BTW doc is it this Stanley model?

I thought of suggesting OP to PM you because you are the right person to answer OP, fortunately you found the thread and answered.
I was planning to PM doc today. Thankfully he himself found this thread.

Last edited:

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Thanks doc. I will look into the Stanley set.
BTW doc is it this Stanley model?
You are welcome.
Yes this is the set I am recommending. I bought it economically as it was bought few years ago. Don't worry. Amazon's sale is starting in a week. You might want to wait till then, for a sweet deal.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #8
This doesn't come with a Ratchet I think. I will have to buy one separately. Is this model a better choice? And is 1/2 inch set very heavy duty than 3/8 inch?

Last edited:

deville_56

Honoured Member
This doesn't come with a Ratchet I think. I will have to buy one separately. Is this model a better choice? And is 1/2 inch set very heavy duty than 3/8 inch?
They have another model with ratchet at around 2.4k, but don't have the sliding T-handle in it. Instead an L-handle with universal joint. 1/2-inch complete set from Taparia/Stanley costs around 3.5k.

I bought individual handles and sockets instead of a set as my minuscule budget those days didn't permit it [cry] and kept on adding when the need arose. Always envied doc for his collection.

Top Bottom