To Bu or Not To Bu: Royal Enfield Bullet Buying Dilemma

Thread Starter #16
Last week, I had a chance to chat with a senior colleague about his Classic model. As we both had time to kill, I continued to listen to him. Boy oh boy, Bullet owners ARE passionate about their bikes. He encouraged me to ditch my no-nonsense but no-glamour bike for a Bullet.

Finally he stated "last year I lost control after going over a pothole and fell down. The bike landed on me. Broke a few bones but I quickly recovered in 3 months". The session concluded with both of us laughing and me deciding to stick to a bike with manageable weight.

BTW, mid April I was hit by a 2W driven by a 17 yr old boy (of course without license) while I was driving my TVS. I was thrown but remembered to roll as I landed and escaped with exactly 3 bruises. But my bike could not roll, and broke its front brake lever, headlight assembly etc. I'm yet to repair it, as it IS IN RUNNING CONDITION, including the headlight (which targets to blind an Airplane Pilot now), horn, indicators and brake light. It has been driven hardly 20km in these 20 days, but yesterday it helped me go to the nearby shop without any fuzz.

I hope RE builds THAT reliability into a Bullet.

sir, way back in 1991 when i was in college i drove a bullet for the very first time in my life as nobody in our near and dear had one. i drove it just for 2-3 kms but i cannot tell u what my feeling was. i had driven my brothers yamaha rx 100 but the feeling bullet gave i cannot express in words. i decided there and then that when ever i will purchase my own bike it has to be bullet and nothing else. finallly i got my new bullet std 350 in 1994 but had to sold it after 4 yrs as i got a maruti 800 for myself and i thoght that maintainning both will be a burden financially but ever since i sold it i deeply regreeted my decision and finally after 16 years i went to a showroom and booked again my bullet std 350 cast iron engine. just to give u a glimpse of its popularity even if i sell it today after riding it for good 5 yrs i can get 1.5 lacs whereas the original cost i paid was 84000 in 2010. such is the craze for that cast iron engine which is no longer available. can any other bike in india ever dream of getting this premium after turning 5yrs old. i would suggest to all the buyers out there that give all bikes a test ride but be sure if you rode a bullet then you will not be able to ignore it. trust me it is a organic bike that's why it commands such a waiting period.

Top Bottom