Tirupur To Srikalahasti - Road Conditions?

Thread Starter #1
Hi Folks

I am plan to go a trip from TIRUPUR to SRIKALAHASTI, this week end with my family members to worship a god,.

[confused]

I want's to know about a road conditions in list below which is good for driving, kms is not problem for us

1) Tirupur to Salem NH 7 to Krishnagiri to Palamaner to Chittor to Srikailash kms 486 ( or )

[cry]

2) Tirupur to Salem NH 7 to Dharamapuri to Thiruppathur to Ambur to Chittor to Srikailash kms is 463 ( or )

[frustration]

Which is best for good driving

Re: TIRUPUR to SRIKALAHASTI

Hi Folks

I am plan to go a trip from TIRUPUR to SRIKALAHASTI, this week end with my family members to worship a god,.

[confused]

I want's to know about a road conditions in list below which is good for driving, kms is not problem for us

1) Tirupur to Salem NH 7 to Krishnagiri to Palamaner to Chittor to Srikailash kms 486 ( or )

[cry]

2) Tirupur to Salem NH 7 to Dharamapuri to Thiruppathur to Ambur to Chittor to Srikailash kms is 463 ( or )

[frustration]

Which is best for good driving
I would suggest you the 1st route, though it's a bit longer than the 2nd route, as Krishnagiri route is superb all the way, though a toll route.

We from Bangalore follow the same Palamner route, Chittoor.

Palamner-Chittoor is a single lane twisty roads with humps, Especially in turnings, be careful.

From Chittoor Bypass the route via Bans Hotel is bit patchy, but you get some delicious food on this way, after that you cannot find any decent hotel on this stretch.

From there if you have time, you can do Kanipakkam, the temple may be closed till 3, and open till 6pm.

Then the usual route Alamelu mangapuram-Renigunta-Kalahasti, take right near the arch, and take the back entry route via a muddy patchy road, via river.

That would be shortcut, and you can park the car near temple.
Have a great darshan.

My travelogue to Tirumala here:http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...e-chittor-tirumala-tirupathi-2.html#post90512

Re: TIRUPUR to SRIKALAHASTI

And Prakash don't fill fuel at BPCL Tirupathi as the quantity you get will be less.

The bunk I am speaking is the one, which you get as soon as you enter Tirupathi, fill it at IOC which is on the double road, slightly ahead after this BPCL.

Beware!!!!

Last edited:
1st route is better. Until Krishnagiri you have no problems, the roads are wide, well marked and have divider the entire route . From Palamaner - Chittor: You need to be careful. The roads are not as broad as NH7. Trucks traffic may slow you down. There is a byepass to Tirupathi once you reach Chittor. There is a sign board an you will never miss it. The byepass is pathetic in condition, if you can even do 20-30, that is miracle unless you've a SUV :). This stretch is approx 5KMs. From there the route is pleasant to drive. All roads are wide and you can maintain 80KMPH easily.

I've never driven in Krishnagiri-Palamaner stretch. You can update us.

Top Bottom