Tips For Long Highway Drives in India

I am planning to go on a trip to complete 1800 Km. I own a Honda City, can anyone suggest to me which resources to carry to complete the 1800 km trip? Also, suggest to me which car will be best and will be comfortable for long drives.

I am planning to go on a trip to complete 1800 Km. I own a Honda City, can anyone suggest to me which resources to carry to complete the 1800 km trip? Also, suggest to me which car will be best and will be comfortable for long drives.
Honda City is a safe and spacious car for long drives,but be careful of the Ground Clearance as the roads deteriorates in the Rains.
Carry all the Original Car Documents
Carry PUC certificate
Set the Tire Pressure to the required psi
Fill the wiper cleaner liquid
Carry some Snacks and Munchies
Take adequate breaks after every 3/4 hours
Download the offline maps of the location
Have a Safe and Happy Journey @geekguy234

Ensure you have details and numbers of your car service centers on the route you travel . Carry a few common spares like bulbs,fuses ,belts,engine oil, coolant and tire puncture repair kit .

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
My tips having come back from manali.

Start early as possible to avoid morning traffic.
Get fastag ordered online , saves time on toll roads.
NEVER DRIVE AT NIGHT ON HILLS. Reason ?
There will be many trucks going uphill at just 10kmph. Since there are no street lights it is very difficult to overtake. You will get seriously pissed seeing endless number of trucks even after overtaking many. You average will come down to just 20 kms per hour.

If the car is properly maintained I don't think coolant and engine oil is required to be carried.

I'd add a couple of mine, I typically follow
  • Do not drive long stretches at one, small break every couple hours helps
  • Limit daily covered distance, say not more than 500-700 KMs depending on roads and ones comfort
  • Avoid highway trans by occasionally opening the windows and closing them within a minute or so. This is to avoid a trans like state we enter because of constant humm/ road noise/ wind noise on highways.
  • Be extra careful near town or village crossing, expect animals or crazy indisciplined two wheelers, cars, pedestrians animals, carts and rikshaws
  • Be extra careful after meal time, both of self and other drivers. Drivers may become slightly less cautious and may even doze off.
  • Look for kids going to school if it is school time, slow down, slow down. We can not estimate or compensate for their wrong moves.

Top Bottom