Tips and Experiences on Riding a Motorbike Safely

Thread Starter #16
Good post Holysatan . You pointed it out very clearly. I also used to ride without rearview mirror in my college days [lol]infact we all do all sort of things in college, right ?
Yeah, it started when one of my mirrors broke as the bike slid to one side in my parking lot due to rain.

Removed the other mirror at that time and the bike has been mirrorless since then[;)]. 3 years if I am remember exactly.

It was initially difficult during on the highways during the initial days but then, I have got used to it now.

When driving inside Chennai, i very rarely find the need for one.

Why is it that the bikers are always made the scapegoats?

We bikers are the mot vulnerable on road, and yet it is we the bikers who are always blamed.

Enough is Enough.

I am not taking a single anti-biker comment here lying down.

Prepare for a fightback.
Dude u may not drive rashly but have u ever seen any one rash driving other than a biker?even if u saw a car driver then also its like 8 rash bikers:1 rash car driver.Only the bikers take sharp turns n over take even if u have given a turn signal and they can slow down to choose the opposite side !!!.Y do they have to drive on 60 where its unsafe to cross 40??not all bkers are rash but more than 50% are n no other vehicle drives like that on a road!Its all because of there crossing the speed limits like this!![frustration][frustration]If they choose o drive at the safe speed they get ample of time to make any decision!!!

Last edited:

AMG

Suspended
Most of the casualities are caused because of the so-called supeioroty complex that the car drivers have.

All the car owners think of the bikers to be irrelevant and useless, and go to any extent to bully and to remove bikers from the way.

Its high time we bikers got our due respect, and car owners accepted their responsibilities and a part of the blame.

[angry]

Thread Starter #19
Dude u may not drive rashly but have u ever seen any one rash driving other than a biker?even if u saw a car driver then also its like 8 rash bikers:1 rash car driver.Only the bikers take sharp turns n over take even if u have given a turn signal and they can slow down to choose the opposite side !!!.Y do they have to drive on 60 where its unsafe to cross 40??not all bkers are rash but more than 50% are n no other vehicle drives like that on a road!Its all because of there crossing the speed limits like this!![frustration][frustration]If they choose o drive at the safe speed they get ample of time to make any decision!!!
@alok, agreed that there are more rash bikers in town, but also consider the fact that there are not as many cars on road as bikes do! So, when the number of cars increases, obviously rash driving is also likely to go up!

On the other hand, on my daily stint to office, a 15km drive in medium traffic, where I could easily do 70+, I travel only at 55kmph.

Not all bikers are rash. Also, not all car drivers are very obidient! when people drive cars, they rarely respect bikers in the road. I have felt this manytimes myself.

Honking continuously on my back (When a bike doesn't have way to go, what is a car going to do just by honking continuously?[confused])

Most of the casualities are caused because of the so-called supeioroty complex that the car drivers have.

All the car owners think of the bikers to be irrelevant and useless, and go to any extent to bully and to remove bikers from the way.

Its high time we bikers got our due respect, and car owners accepted their responsibilities and a part of the blame.

[angry]
Bikers do get enough respect when they also behave well. It doesn't mean that a biker can go past all nook and corners passing through 2 cars in smallest gaps possible just because he has a bike. I myself have done that on occasions but these things irritate a carwala to a great extent. Obvious, he doesnt want a scratch/dent on his car for our foolishness.

Put together, it is the biker's responsibility to play safe on the roads, because at the end of the day, it is the biker who is going to get hurt if the worst should happen!

Best to stick to the left lane, stick to a constant speed and look out the road carefully as you proceed. Speeding is to be done on highways/tracks where it is meant!

Safe riding![cheers]

AMG

Suspended
Not all bikers are rash drivers.

BUT

Not all car owners are saints.

And lets stop this generalisation here and now.

Hello Guys,

You have mentioned such a great points. But nowadays, there is no existence of Acquaintance and practice phase. Every rider wants to jump from learning phase to mature phase and start riding at high speed.

This improper riding leads to more accidents[frustration] in the city. So, be careful with your speed in an initial phase.

Cheers[lol],
Anubhav

Top Bottom