Timing Issue in ECM Controlled Maruti 800

Thread Starter #16
I thinked all Maruti II comes with brake booster.. Here just the Maruti I doesn't have brake booster, and the Maruti III isn't available, didn't come to Chile (here his name is Suzuki Maruti, as if the model is Maruti).. anyway it should be a very nice mod, for the work made and for the results ;). I guess the Maruti III comes with it.. or not?

I don't know the price of the cords, were a gift, I thinks it's probably ~40USD, but they worth it.
Yes, I have HID installed on the original headlamps, I make an adaptor for fitting the H4 P43T on the P45T socket of the headlamp and played with the tabs of the bulb for focusing the light, trying to decrease the glare on oncoming traffic, they are well focused, a lot better that most of the cars with HID, but of course the best way is fitting a projector lens, I think on the future do that DIY project..
I also found this headlamp, but I don't know how is the focusing.. =S, so I'm not sure of buying it (~60USD)
foco1.jpg

I'll post more pics ;)

Last edited:
Thread Starter #18
I have it on ~7° BTDC right now, it's performance is ok, but I haven't measured the city mileage yet. Today I made a trip of 340km with an average consumption of 17km/L (70% highway), I think it's acceptable, so I will let it on this config for now and will see how is its behavior..

Thread Starter #20
Nop, my M800 doesn't have A/C, I refill again and it seems that gives me about 18km/L

Now I have advanced it a little more (~8º BTDC) and it seems to need less throttle to mantain a speed (cruising) on city. I want to try advancing it to ~10º to see if its represent an improvement on the mileage and performance.. I use always premium fuel on my car, it's supposed that premium fuel allows to advance timing a few degrees..

Thread Starter #21
No info about the ignition timing settings yet?
I have it on 10º BTDC now and I think it has better throttle response at low RPM, I'm planning change to BPR6EY NGK spark plug (1 degree colder) to see if it make any improvement..

Thread Starter #22
Anyone with new info about ignition timing on M800 MPFi?

I have something new, I tried the NGK BPR6EY and they are too cold, so come back to the BPR5EY.
And today I have discover that the timing affect drastically the power band of the engine, even with 2-3°, so if you feel lack of power on high RPM an option is having the ignition timing too advanced, so just retard it ~2°

Top Bottom