Tight Clutch in Maruti 800

Thread Starter #1
hi i am new here ,i would be really obliged mates if you guys help me out ,i have just buyed a maruti 800 1997 model, i want yours advise on some of the issues i am facing like my clutch is really tight and even make little sound on pressing how to solve this thanks

350Z

Core Team
Hello Amit, Welcome aboard to The Automotive India. I'm also an owner of Maruti 800 and have faced both the mentioned issues with my car. Just drive the car to a nearby reliable mechanic and ask him to adjust the clutch. This will resolve the problem if overall clutch assembly is fine.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #3
hi 350z thanks for answering me, i have already done that , he changed the clutch wire first then it remained smooth for 5 days then clutch again became hard again , he even oiled the lever near engine still no profit now he is saying that it is because of hardened
clutch and pressure plate which i am not really getting so sure of thus need advise on this issue before spending 2000 bucks on his hunch

Thread Starter #4
also you must be knowing that maruti 800 gear rod is quite big and when you apply the gear you have to move the rod to big distance , i want a suggestion that is it possible to get a smaller gear rod like zen or city and if yes than which one? or is it ok to cut and use the same gear rod ?

also you must be knowing that maruti 800 gear rod is quite big and when you apply the gear you have to move the rod to big distance , i want a suggestion that is it possible to get a smaller gear rod like zen or city and if yes than which one? or is it ok to cut and use the same gear rod ?
I dont feel that cutting your gear rod will make shift small!!

Thread Starter #6
also when i read in the site i came to know many people problem if the dash board or bumper color fades with time and they are even using colors to paint i have tried it but it looks fake or unatural. my mechanick suggested me one particular solution mr brown bumper black previously it was used by me on my wife's scooty but i also tried it on the dashboard it worked as a charm and brought back at least 70% of life back please try .

I dont feel that cutting your gear rod will make shift small!!
i dont know sir may be i am wrong but when i tried this movement with as drawing as experiment on paper it does seem to work , if you are intrusted let me explain you in this way end of gear rod to base is a , gear rod hight is x gear rod nutral position is b and 1 gear position is c if i cut down gear rod to x -1 then distance between b and c should also reduce that was the theory i may be wrong sir

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #7
also i came to know about some peoples not able to instal fog lamps in their car as there was no slots available in their bumper , as a solution i have installed neolight modified bumper lights as given in some other website they work good lights are less but they work , cost was some where about 350 rs i will post the picks as soon as possible

hey amit, I would suggest not to change the clutch topic, in the end the talk will move to modding your M800 and fitting a free flow exhaust:biggrin:. So please remain on the clutch defect[:)].

When you say after changing the clutch wire it remained smooth for 5 days then it won't be the clutch & pressure plate if they are bad then it does not matter how much you change the wires it will still be the same. One more thing, did he change just the wire or the complete assembly?

Thread Starter #9
hey amit, I would suggest not to change the clutch topic, in the end the talk will move to modding your M800 and fitting a free flow exhaust:biggrin:. So please remain on the clutch defect[:)].

When you say after changing the clutch wire it remained smooth for 5 days then it won't be the clutch & pressure plate if they are bad then it does not matter how much you change the wires it will still be the same. One more thing, did he change just the wire or the complete assembly?
no fusion he only changed the wire which when i checked last night was now stretched and exposed little at the point where it is attached to clutch lever why that happened i dont know one driver in neighborhood said may be pressure was to great for it but hazame nahi hoo raha hai[surprise] and about other posts yaa bhai the problem is that when i come to know about some thing that may help other i try to share them with others

Hi, for smaller gear rod you can cut the gear rod, I have done it on my 800 and its cool, and for the fog lams if you have the crash guard you can fix it as I have done. You can find the photos attached

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #11
Hi, for smaller gear rod u can cut the gear rod, I have done it on my 800 and its cool, and for the fog lams if u have the crash guard u can fix it as I have done ..... You can find the photos attached
wow varun nicely maintained car but can you please show me the pics from inside of gear rod also , [cheers]

Hi sorry for late reply, thanks for ur comments, U can find the photo of the gear rod, Even I got the clutch assembly replaced recently for the same issue....

Attachments

Top Bottom