This Summer I'm Blessed With a Sunny

Thread Starter #46
Congrats for your new caaaaaar. Wish you many happy miles with it. Awesome seat covers too.
Mine is of same color, XLD(Mar 2012) and so far I am happy with the car.
thanks dude. please do start your Sunny ownership review thread.

Thread Starter #51
2 months & 4000+ km update

Covered 4200km with a little less than 200 lit of diesel[:)] For the first 3000km I maintained 2500 rpm and maximum speed 110kmph. After that gradually stretched the speed during the last highway run.

Now I could add more points to the initial review.
- Engine is free revving till 3500 rpm
- more than sufficient torque is available after 1600 rpm (nothing much to complain below that)
- Body roll is little more than expected and after driving 4k km I / we got used to it
- Braking performance improved a lot after 2k km
- Tire noise is something irritating at 100kmph+
- Best FE: 22.41kmpl (Coimbatore - Chennai highway drive at 110kmph)
- Worst FE: 18.66kmpl (Tirupur - Munnar trip + some city driving inside Coimbatore)
- Both the above FE figures are calculated by Tank-full method & driven with 100% AC.

Thread Starter #53
Can you please elaborate on ride & handling vis a vis Linea?
This cannot be an apple-to-apple comparison since I'm comparing a 60k km / 5 year old suspension setup from Linea vs a brand new setup from Sunny.

Ride:
Known fact that Sunny is fitted with a soft suspension which gives a pleasure at slow speed + rough road combination. Low slung Linea (which I had) doesn't go well on the same combination of road & speed. One could easily feel the shock transfer to the seats (especially the rear) On the other hand when I TD the new Linea (pre-facelift with height increased suspension setup) I felt a lot of improvement on the ride part. The way it handled the rough roads and pot holes was quite good. When we speak about the ride characteristics at high speeds, Sunny is a bit lagging mainly because of the crappy tyre choice (nothing to complain with the suspension setup) With 195/60 R15 tyres on both the cars, their ride characteristics remain same.

PS: Sunny has a longer suspension stroke which does the job pretty well in improving the ride comfort.

Verdict: Neutral

Handling:
I think I should stop writing this part. It is like universal truth that no more justification required on this statement. When it comes to handling, Linea will be the segment topper. Saying this I don't mean sunny is poor in the handling department. Like mentioned in many reviews Sunny shows a matured handling which is far better than many others cars in this segment.

Verdict: Linea wins

Thread Starter #55
also,I will be obliged if you compare FiASS vs NASS.
Never depended on FASS as I had other better sources and haven't experienced NASS but there shouldn't be any issues with NASS to me [evil] (for some reasons)

Going by the reviews there is one common negative feedback for both are "Stock issue" Few parts always need ordering and we will be left with no other option, wait for a couple of days.

Thanks bro for the quickness
Seating comfort of Linea front seat vs Sunny?

Also, post updates for last 3 months.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #57
Seating comfort of Linea front seat vs Sunny?
It is almost same on the front (under thigh & shoulder support) except a larger range of adjustment available in Sunny (be it height adjustment or the to-and-fro adjustment)
Negative point is both doesn't come with Lumbar support.

Will be completing my 1st service by end of this month. Will add the review after that.

Thread Starter #58
Will be completing my 1st service by end of this month. Will add the review after that.
Completed 1 service today.
Odo reading : 8382km
A.S.S : Ramani Motors - Tirupur

Service Review:

Service Reminder:
Got call from Ramani Motors a couple of weeks back to remind about the 1st service. Their initial proposal is weekend before Diwali (19th Oct) I denied as I was at Chennai and rescheduled to 24th Oct. Got the confirmation SMS within few minutes.

Reception & Facility:
Tirupur branch service facility was opened very recently (Head office & operations at Coimbatore) They don't have a fully furnished facility here. All they have here is 1 2 post lift, wheel alignment & balancing machines, 4~5 service bays (without a lift) 2 stations for water wash. Body work facility is available only at Coimbatore.

I reached their facility at 10:00am and immediately attended by SA Mr. Manikandan. He inspected the vehicle and filled the job card within a couple of minutes. As I don't have any specific issues, he explained the details of work that will be covered as a part of 1st service and bill estimate was given as 4.5k. I was promised the delivery by 3:00pm (mine was the 1st car for the day)

Delivery:
Got call from SA by 3:20pm. When I reached there, it was already 4:15 and the car was kept ready for delivery, with the invoice printed. Service manager Mr. Vivekkumar explained the bill details and list of items changed. When I took out my credit card for payment, I got an unexpected answer from them (yes, you guessed it) "Sorry sir, only cash payment"[frustration] Paid the bill amount by cash and got the invoice, receipt and gatepass. Taken the car out of garage for inspection.

Cleanliness:
Interiors were cleaned pretty well, but the exterior is cleaning was as expected below average (refer the snaps) Called the SA and shown it, he asked his team to clean the car properly. I noticed the way they were cleaning another car, they were using a same dirty cloth to wipe the running board, wheel arches and the same is used for wind shield and body too. I don't want the same treatment again on my car. I said I will clean it myself.

IMG_6110.JPG

IMG_6111.JPG

IMG_6112.JPG

After I reached home, got to notice another gift, a SCRATCH this time [frustration] I feel this should get corrected with rubbing compound, let me check once I reach back Chennai.

IMG_6113.JPG

Service details:
Paid:
- Engine Oil
- Oil Filter
- Fuel Filter
- Air Filter
- Wind Shield liquid
- Balance weight
- Consumables
Free:
- Wheel Alignment
- Balancing
- Tire rotation
- Labour

Total Amount paid: 4269.00 INR

IMG_6120.JPG

Short term ownership review.
Covered 8382km in 6 months of ownership, mostly driven on highways (Chennai - Coimbatore) Overall I'm satisfied with the vehicle and I don't have much to complain about (main reason being I got this car after a detailed study on all Pros & Cons)

- Space
- FE (worst I got till date is 16.2kmpl calculated by tank-full method)
- Balanced ride & Handling
- Neither fun-to-drive nor sluggish

Dislikes:
- Noisy engine (atleast for first few minutes after starting)
- Not solid build (neither too flimsy)
- Brakes need improvement (I have the solution and installed already, but the improvement isn't matching with competitors)
- Rubbery gear shift

Couple of recent snaps taken today

IMG_6104.JPG

IMG_6107.JPG

Last edited:

Top Bottom