This is it - New Journey with Skoda Rapid

hi guys/gals, I am new here, but a veteran in owning vehicles. driving since 18 yr old. almost 34 yrs of driving experience in India, US, Singapore, Jordan, Europe, Australia. I am an IT guy (retired now) stayed abroad for many yrs and owned vehicles like Maruti800, Zen, Ford Taurus, Mercury Lincoln, Camry, Chevy Trailblazer etc. my new Skoda Rapid MPI Elegance is great as close to my Ford Taurus and Camry. my family loves it specially my daughter. quite drive, smooth pickup, great AC, comfortable seats, good audio, etc. all I had in my Taurus/Camry. Skoda is great. I was looking for a vehicle like this for some yrs after return from US in 2008. we love driving Skoda Rapid

my new skoda.

skoda.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All,
Had the Rapid Elegance in the possession. Standby for the Pics. As it is new, and upgrade from Maruti800, It it takes time for getting used to it. Thanks for the forums threads, for so much info on various aspects on chosing a new car. Thanks

Thread Starter #48
Hi All,
Had the Rapid Elegance in the possession. Standby for the Pics. As it is new, and upgrade from Maruti800, It it takes time for getting used to it. Thanks for the forums threads, for so much info on various aspects on chosing a new car. Thanks
Congrats AVIATCOIN1994, am sure you are going to enjoy the ownership experience

Thread Starter #49
Well, logging in after long time...office keeping me busy.here are few updates and answers based on my experience

Completed 6 months of happy driving.

Driving experience- Most of the driving was in city, except couple of drives to Airport via ORR and a trip to Goa from Hyderabad- 700 kms one way and only 2 laned roads through out the trip. Smooth driving experience, good comfort and A.C., love the turbo while overtaking long trucks.

Kitna deti hai - I get 15 km/l in city and on highways got 18. I think i could improve a bit on that if i accelerate smoothly.

Checkup after 6 months- I took the car for general checkup / oil top. My first service experience with Skoda after hearing so many A.S.S. horror stories (moment of truth ...) Well my experience was pretty good, i gave the car and was told that it will take 3 hours. I was told labour is not charged but oil topups are. Got the car and bill was only 340 for oil topups, also got a touch up done. So overall quite satisfied.

Dealer - Experience with the dealer has been pretty good right from test drive till service.

Caska - Chinese product, so had apprehensions initially , but worth the money I invested. I don't have to look for anything else, one box has everything. Main reason for buying mid variant was to have Caska installed.Its a fixed system, pm me if you need further details.
Quick Update on Caska - In Apr-13 ( 6 months after i bought), there was a thin green vertical line on the display, service center is 22 kms away, went 3 times to the service center and they replaced the display unit.
Today again , colors went off , display is flickering, have asked them to come to my home and repair it. Its showing its true Chinese manufacturing reliability now

Same here bro. Recently bought one with the black package. Driving Rapid is like driving a powerful machine with best of comforts. I just love the magic that it gives. Did you also opt for the Summer Kit?

Thread Starter #51
Same here bro. Recently bought one with the black package. Driving Rapid is like driving a powerful machine with best of comforts. I just love the magic that it gives. Did you also opt for the Summer Kit?
I bought in 2012, there was no summer Kit available at that time, i made my own kit [:)]

Top Bottom