This is it - New Journey with Skoda Rapid

Yes they are good and professional, I too had TD of Fabia,Laura,Yeti there. Though I did not buy them, their approach and response was very good and the negotiation goes well and they present you with lot of facts like present spares cost and service cost. There is on SA Robert who is excellent[:)]
Yes they are good. I like the Rapid very much after my TD. But considering the Skoda Maintenance and Rapid price (~10.5L), I want to check Honda Amaze before finalizing. Just waiting for the TAI test drive/official Review of indian amaze model. [:)]

Hi Friends,

While discussing about skoda rapid, Dealer in Hyderabad was mentioning that Road tax may be hiked by 2-4% from 1st April. Can someone confirm if this is true.

Thanks,
Ravi Kiran G

Hello! SSRoadie..

Very good review and your Caska system looks awesome..

Can you let me know your feedback on Caska system ? Is it a fixed system, what is advisable? a fixed system or a detachable one?

I booked my rapid two days ago, want to upgrade the HU system but the showroom guy has been suggesting a new digital sys which has wifi etc.. and a detachable unit - its call Green Hiwe (I looked up on google i dont see it anywhr). The system looks good, he says its a new product in the market Taiwan made etc.

Looking for suggestions.

Thanks!

Thread Starter #34
Well, logging in after long time...office keeping me busy.here are few updates and answers based on my experience

Completed 6 months of happy driving.

Driving experience- Most of the driving was in city, except couple of drives to Airport via ORR and a trip to Goa from Hyderabad- 700 kms one way and only 2 laned roads through out the trip. Smooth driving experience, good comfort and A.C., love the turbo while overtaking long trucks.

Kitna deti hai - I get 15 km/l in city and on highways got 18. I think i could improve a bit on that if i accelerate smoothly.

Checkup after 6 months- I took the car for general checkup / oil top. My first service experience with Skoda after hearing so many A.S.S. horror stories (moment of truth ...) Well my experience was pretty good, i gave the car and was told that it will take 3 hours. I was told labour is not charged but oil topups are. Got the car and bill was only 340 for oil topups, also got a touch up done. So overall quite satisfied.

Dealer - Experience with the dealer has been pretty good right from test drive till service.

Caska - Chinese product, so had apprehensions initially , but worth the money I invested. I don't have to look for anything else, one box has everything. Main reason for buying mid variant was to have Caska installed.Its a fixed system, pm me if you need further details.

Hi Friends,

I am planning to book Skoda Rapid Ambition+ variant in this week.

I have checked with Mahaveer Skoda, Hyderabad. They are offering free insurance on 2013 model. Some how i am not convinced with their finance option and i am planning to go for SBI/SBH car loan.

Apart from the free insurance they are providing 5000/- corporate discount.

Can you please suggest me on below points:

Mondial Insurance (0% Depreciation) : They are suggesting to go this by paying the extra amount of 7800.
Extended Warranty : 2 years by default. they are charging 11000/- for another 2 years/1lakh Kms.

Also please let me know if there are any other points that need to consider before booking the vehicle?

What is the story about buy now and pay after 1 yr story from VW and Rapid? Any insite?
Hi,

They will provide 7,65,000 loan amount. The repayment will be:
1-12 months : 1 rupee/month = 12 Rs
13-47th month : 22625/month = 7,91,875/-
48th month : 2,00,000

Total : 991887/-

Caska - Chinese product, so had apprehensions initially , but worth the money I invested. I don't have to look for anything else, one box has everything. Main reason for buying mid variant was to have Caska installed.Its a fixed system, pm me if you need further details.[/QUOTE]

Caska: How much does it costs. Is it possible to get it fixed in Any Varient. Thanks for reply

Hi,

They will provide 7,65,000 loan amount. The repayment will be:
1-12 months : 1 rupee/month = 12 Rs
13-47th month : 22625/month = 7,91,875/-
48th month : 2,00,000

Total : 991887/-
What is the actual price? Is this on rd or ex showroom and Whats the downpayment?
Also, I heard about exchange old car part of this. Is this true?
I feel there is a big gap to fool the buyers from this scheme.

What is the actual price? Is this on rd or ex showroom and Whats the downpayment?
Also, I heard about exchange old car part of this. Is this true?
I feel there is a big gap to fool the buyers from this scheme.
The ONR price is ~ 10.4L
So 10.40 - 7.65 will be the down payment.

Exchange of old car option is there, we will not be having any exchange bonus, only the old car cost will be considered.

Last edited:
So the payment is 2.8 down payment, By end of 48th month you are paying 9.9 and so the overall cost of the vehicle is 13L???
Paying 3 lakhs more for a tenure of 48 months is too much. Dont you think?

So the payment is 2.8 down payment, By end of 48th month you are paying 9.9 and so the overall cost of the vehicle is 13L???
Paying 3 lakhs more for a tenure of 48 months is too much. Dont you think?
In this case vehicle ONR price is ~ 10.8L (there will be no free insurance if we opt for the scheme)
So 10.80 - 7.65 = 3.15 will be the down payment.

So at the end of 4th year we will pay : 9.9L for the loan of 7.65L (The interest is 2.25L for 4 years on 7.65 Lakh loan --- Don't know about the exact interest rate). Only advantage that i can see is we are not paying any thing in the 1st one year. Again if you want to close the loan in 13th month there will be no interest, only 7.65L needs to be paid back...

--- Don't know about the exact interest rate). Only advantage that i can see is we are not paying any thing in the 1st one year..
I did not understand the maths but I believe that there nothing much hidden behind the offer. Its as simple as they say that buy today and start paying after one year.

Thread Starter #45
Caska - Chinese product, so had apprehensions initially , but worth the money I invested. I don't have to look for anything else, one box has everything. Main reason for buying mid variant was to have Caska installed.Its a fixed system, pm me if you need further details.
Caska: How much does it costs. Is it possible to get it fixed in Any Varient. Thanks for reply[/QUOTE]
Caska price i have mentioned in a previous post.It should fit in all models of Rapid, but high end model comes with a factory fitted HU

Top Bottom