This is it - New Journey with Skoda Rapid

Congrats for your Skoda Rapid buddy. I see that Skoda has replaced the old alloy wheel design with Vento ones! Not a great move, i liked the old design more. BTW excellent choice of color. I am a big fan of Silver and its shades. Wish you lacs of trouble free miles[cheers].

Many congrats buddy. Have a great time with the rapid and do some pictures of the interiors. You got a Caska for 48K which is very good. The VW dealer charged me 57K for a similar unit on my Polo.

Hearty Congratulations!
Please post the experiences as and when you have some with your new luxury.
I have booked for a test drive from Mahavir, Jublie hills. Waiting for it by next week.

Cheers.

@Music_Swift - Ambition doesn't come with Alloy wheels, i got alloy wheels + tyre upgrade from dealer.

Well Elegance is around 11.8 on road, i paid 11.2 after alloy wheels+Caska+Speakers, which i think is much better deal or put simply i didnt feel that extra features arent worth 1.5 lakhs.
nice to see at least some cars getting cheaper. I got Rapid Elegance TDI for 10.5 on road in Pune 1 March 2013.

nice to see at least some cars getting cheaper. I got Rapid Elegance TDI for 10.5 on road in Pune 1 March 2013.
Congrats. Iam In the process of finalising Petrol One. but still to decide between Ambition+ or Elegance. The difference is about 74K. Not much discounts in Chennai except for Insurance.. Don't Know if I can purchase elsewhere in TN and get registered in Chennai? Experts, please advice. tks[frustration]

Last edited:
at least try to bu it before 1 April, as all manufacturers will charge more as new tax will be in effect. 74K more for Elegance well worth it. Climate control, alloys and 15' wheels.

I do not judging, but I'm really not getting, why peoples buy pertol cars. petrol price seem crazy to me and it is going to rise more in next 2-3 years on fantastic heights. Why not to pay now more and then pay less during next 5-6 years of ownership, feel good factor.

Also keep in mind people stopping buying cars, Europe not much interested in cars any more. will you be able to sale petrol car after few years? Maruti stopped making petrol version at present, as it is overstocked. Indian economy slowing down and still running because of cheap labor, but for how long. My outlook for next 3-4 years not bullish at all. Selling petrol car in economical scenario of next 3-4 year will be not an easy thing.

Hearty Congratulations!
Please post the experiences as and when you have some with your new luxury.
I have booked for a test drive from Mahavir, Jublie hills. Waiting for it by next week.

Cheers.
Hi,

I too booked the test drive from mahaveer. I am looking for diesel MID version. What about you? Did you get any details regarding the offers/cash discounts from Mahaveer?

Hi Friends,

Just completed the TD...Like it very much.

For 2013 model they will reduce the insurance value. Ambition Plus diesel ONR is ~ 10.5L.

when i asked about the service costs, he mentioned that the cost for the 1st 2 general services will be ~5500/-. He also added that as the Rapid manufacturing unit is in India (near Pune) the service costs will be less compare to other skoda vehicles even with fabia.

He also mentioned that from April 1st on wards, the prices will go up due to increase in the TAX.

Can any one provide the your valuable points on these comments.
Also Can you please let me know ASS support from Mahaveer Hyderabad.

Thanks,
Ravi Kiran G

Hi Friends,

For 2013 model they will reduce the insurance value. Ambition Plus diesel ONR is ~ 10.5L.

when i asked about the service costs, he mentioned that the cost for the 1st 2 general services will be ~5500/-. He also added that as the Rapid manufacturing unit is in India (near Pune) the service costs will be less compare to other skoda vehicles even with fabia.

He also mentioned that from April 1st on wards, the prices will go up due to increase in the TAX.

Thanks,
Ravi Kiran G
Hello Ravi Kiran
I cannot comment on Mahaveer Hyderabad as I am based out of Pune.
On service cost front, first check up service costed me 500 INR for oil top up and first service @ 15000 KMS costed me 9443 INR. So in total on servicing I paid 10,000 INR for 15000 KMS and one year of ownership. Now if this cost is high or low is completely different topic of discussions and it is very personal view.
Regards
Praf

Hi Friends,

Thanks,
Ravi Kiran G
Ravi,

As I know Mahavir Auto is very good with their response and service set up and qualified technicians. Which Mahavir showroom you have approached ?

Hello Ravi Kiran
I cannot comment on Mahaveer Hyderabad as I am based out of Pune.
On service cost front, first check up service costed me 500 INR for oil top up and first service @ 15000 KMS costed me 9443 INR. So in total on servicing I paid 10,000 INR for 15000 KMS and one year of ownership. Now if this cost is high or low is completely different topic of discussions and it is very personal view.
Regards
Praf
Dear Prafulla, Thanks a lot for your valuable inputs.

Ravi,

As I know Mahavir Auto is very good with their response and service set up and qualified technicians. Which Mahavir showroom you have approached ?
RK
Dear RK, I have checked with Mahaveer, jubilee hills. They seems to be very professional and has good knowledge on the car.

Dear Prafulla, Thanks a lot for your valuable inputs.

Dear RK, I have checked with Mahaveer, jubilee hills. They seems to be very professional and has good knowledge on the car.
Yes they are good and professional, I too had TD of Fabia,Laura,Yeti there. Though I did not buy them, their approach and response was very good and the negotiation goes well and they present you with lot of facts like present spares cost and service cost. There is on SA Robert who is excellent[:)]

Top Bottom