Things You Can Do Only On Indian Roads!

Thread Starter #1
Here is a fun post.

Dont ask me the logic behind putting this up, but after having driven in 4 other countries, I could barely stop myself imaging things which you can only do on Indian roads, as either they are totally banned elsewhere, or not entertained at all [:D]

1. Drive with your hand on the HORN rather than your foot on the gas!
2. Overtake someone from left hand side and then abuse him/her of not giving you way
3. Drive with the entire community pushed into the car, so much that doors are barely closed
4. Tailgate someone and when you hit them in case of sudden breaking, argue hard that it was *their* fault
5. Although if it was a good looking pretty girl, just say hello and take her number
6. Drive on pavement!!!
7. Park on the Redlight and bribe traffic policeman for additional parking time[clap]
8. Drive around blinding all others who come in your way, but if someone comes with big lighthouse beam, use your cursing dictionary to fitting use
9. Drive with no RVM's (man, I hate those bikers)
10. Let your kid control steering! -- phew -- that is deadly

Pls dont hestitate to add on to this list, as this can never be exhaustive.

Disclaimer: Not intended to harm any feelings and if it does, drive safe!

Last edited:
Re: Things you can only do ON Indian roads!

11. Drive without seat belts (I don't mean without fastening seat belt, it is completely 'without' seat belts)
12. Reg plates in ALL colors, dimensions, shapes, fonts.. Oops, sometimes without plates
13. Headlamps in all colors (white, yellow, blue, etc)
14. Horns that may tear the ear drums
15. 4 lane driving on a 2 lane road
16. Tap the cigarette ash outside (ash tray should be clean)
17. Almost bald tyres
18. 'AC. No hand signal' Sticker on the rear (sometimes in Front too)
19. Park just below the 'No Parking' sign
20. Jump signals
21. Honk at signals before it turns green
22. Speed limits - should I say something on this?

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
Re: Things You Can Only Do ON Indian Roads!

This is going to be one heck of a hilarious thread. My small contribution:

23. Wash your car on roadside.
24. Drive with kids loaded in the boot.
25. In case of a break down, park right in middle of the road and put branch of a tree on top of it to signal others.
26. Carry items longer than length of your car with boot lifted above.

10. Let your kid control steering! -- phew -- that is deadly
One of the common (but dangerous) practices in India for underage wannabe Schumachers.

Drive Safe,
350Z

27. Domestic LPG cylinders to power the petrol heart

24. Drive with kids loaded in the boot.
That was a common sight now-a-days. Thank God, I've seen only in hatches, no Sedan.

this thread is already cracking me up. some of these happen here as well. so im used to it.

28. Throw/Spit random stuff out of the window.
29. Come out alive and feel blessed! haha

My bit

30. Park in the middle of road to get in or get out
31. Stop in the middle of road & open the bonnet to do some engineering
32. Park virtually anywhere to change a punctured tyre

350Z

Core Team
34. An Auto / Rikshaw driver / Biker can drive by supporting his leg on another similar 'friend' vehicle on its front.

PS: I always fail to understand what fun do they get in this exactly?

That was a common sight now-a-days. Thank God, I've seen only in hatches, no Sedan.
:lol!::lol!:

Drive Safe,
350Z

This is one great thread , although i don't have any contributions to make for now , the truth has to be accepted that all such things can be seen only in India!

Although i have to admit i have done 2 and 10. These truck or bus drivers never give way even if you keep honking continuously , you will be forced to overtake through the left and i usually scold them after overtaking! And number 10 my dad has allowed me to control the steering of our Padmini in open grounds.

I hate people doing number 33. In a busy 4 lane national highway two truck drivers will be driving side by side and discussing things , i will wait for a minute and if they still don't move i begin to start honking and flashing my lights. Highly irritating!

37. If any hits or rear ends happen, Just stop the wheel right there(sometimes its the centre of the road) and fight. Never mind about the traffic behind!!!
38. This is something hilarious. Whenever some put the wipers to clean the wind shield, the water will be splashed to wind shield of adjacent cars. [lol] The nozzle by default will be in weird position.

Ha ha 38th point is quite hilarious , it happens sometimes for me too. I have personally seen some bikers fighting with the car drivers for splashing water on their clothes. That is why i use the windshield washer only whenever there is nobody around my car!

Top Bottom