Thekkady/Munnar - Is it Safe for Tourists

Thread Starter #1
I am hearing lot about the issues happening between Tamil Nadu and Kerala over Dam issue and it is high in Thekkady/Munnar area. Is is issue only for those who travel from TN to KL or anyone like me who travel from Bangalore to Thekkady via TN also will have problem? If you have any idea about the ground reality and safety for the people, can you share? Thanks.

I think the media has been portraying this issue a little too much over the board. But i guess your vehicle must be KA registered , you must not face any issues.

From yesterday, it seems the town was back to normal situation.

As per Dhaya said, If you are travelling with KA reg. it won't create any issues.

Have a Safe journey.

(Update to us about the situation, once you crossed the border)

It seems unsafe for tn and kl vehicles on opposite side. that too in idukki district. Hope everything is under control now.

Even sabarimala pilgrim are taking route via coutralam or tiruvananthapuram this year. a good 250 to 300 kms extra .

So i hope no problem for tn vehicle itself inside kerala.

So for you from bangalore , it must not a big problem. Just be cautious and plan accordingly.

Hey guys sorry for bumping this thread.

I have planned to visit Kanyakumari from Bangalore, will i be coming across this issue of Mulaperiyar dam???

I know the route via Hosur its around 750 kms.

Nothing finalised till now...

Hey guys sorry for bumping this thread.

I have planned to visit Kanyakumari from Bangalore, will i be coming across this issue of Mulaperiyar dam???

I know the route via Hosur its around 750 kms.

Nothing finalised till now...
nope mullaperiyar lies somewhere between central kerala & tn... there won't be much of problem in your case as other members said ka registration is free from all those problems... [:)]

your welcome to kerala, first of at kerala you will get sure protection form policë and others. but i can't promise that your safe at TN. coz one of ky neighbours bus got attacked yesterday near pazhani.

Top Bottom