Theft Attempt in Mahindra Scorpio VLX!

Thread Starter #32
Update 2:
Fitted MicroVBB black box 'Elite' model in my car. details are here.

Expenses-
1) Cost of kit: Rs. 12,600/-
2) Labour charge: Rs. 750/-
3) Cost of remote locking motor: Rs. 1500/- (i needed the same remote to lock/unlock the doors so that i dont need to carry 2 remotes!)
4) Tip to technician: Rs. 200/- (!!!)

total: 15050/-

total damage by thief TILL NOW: Rs. 3500 + 15050 = Rs. 18550/-

Denting & painting work is still pending. also, one lock set is still to be installed.

Oh good that you have installed the MicroVBB!

Though the thief has costed you close to 20k , he has now made your car extra safe!

Good to hear that car is safe.

that is one good move by you to install a high end security system. yes shorting wires makes fuses blow.

that is one good investment by you.

I advice people to install the kit to save our beloved!

sad to hear that, but congratulations on your second car !!

any one has checked if the I-cats on new Scorpio really works ?

even after fitting the best anti theft devices I think its better we take care while parking in isolated places.

I had seen Bangalore police using some kind of wheel locks, when vehicles can not be towed such that the owners are forced to pay fines when parked in no parking area. I guess that kind of device would be cheaper and a solid deterrent for the thieves.

Any idea where we can get them in Bangalore.

350Z

Core Team
Not only in Bangalore but I've seen cops using it in Delhi too! However, I doubt if it is available for sale to public, Though you can ask and give a try.

Drive Safe,
350Z

sad to hear that, but congratulations on your second car !!

any one has checked if the I-cats on new Scorpio really works ?

even after fitting the best anti theft devices I think its better we take care while parking in isolated places.

I had seen Bangalore police using some kind of wheel locks, when vehicles can not be towed such that the owners are forced to pay fines when parked in no parking area. I guess that kind of device would be cheaper and a solid deterrent for the thieves.

Any idea where we can get them in Bangalore.

This practice is followed in Chennai too. But even i doubt whether it will be there for sale to general public . Maybe if you have some influence you can get it!

But wont this be silly! I mean to lock your own car in every place you go not to mention some big star hotels , seeing the lock on your car nobody will park their car in that place![lol]

350Z

Core Team
Best is to use the Steering and Gear Locks, instead of those wheel locks. Remember, there is no way to fully protect a car from theft, But we can always take precautions and load the car with as much safety features as possible, because burglars try to avoid those cars in which it takes more time + efforts to crack down everything then complete mission. However, If your car is parked at an isolated location for long time, then always be extra cautious.

Drive Safe,
350Z

oh, very sorry to hear about the theft attempt raj. glad your car and other items are safe and thanks to others for sharing useful points to prevent theft. that theft attempt only has resulted in loss of more than 20,000 rs bucks so you should have atleast reported to police or claimed some insurance.

Hi Raj what did your dealer say regarding theft attempt of your priced posession.

How could they justify that Scorpio isn't theft proof.

You should have sent a mail to Customer care, regarding how they are trying to upgrade the security for a car that costs 11.7 Lakhs.

Top Bottom