The Work Horse - My Honda Eterno 150 Ownership Experience.

Thread Starter #1

lxi.

Suspended
After having the Bajaj Chetak for 3-4 years, We had no two wheeler other than that, So decided to get a new two wheelre in 2008. At that time, the activa was not launched, So the old activa was the only reliable choice we had. Then on May 2008, We thought that it is high time, we should get a Two Wheeler.

We rushed to Regent Honda, Sec 15A, Fbd.

There the dealership was having not a single activa in the yard. Dissapointment.
We entered the place. The Salesman (Mr. Singh) greeted us and wished Good Morning. I responded and asked that we are intereseted in buying a two wheelre from Honda. He said that there is a wide range to choose from- Dios, Activas, Aviators, Eternos and many more bikes. We said that we want an activa on the spot and willl do full payment now by cash. He stood up and said that theres not a single one ready and we will have to wait for 15-30 Days![surprise]I was going out of the showroom, while he came and said that only Eternos were there in display. I said , Yes, Do explain us about this machine. He explained the technical facts (Power, 150cc, 4 Gears, 140KG) and I kept staring at the Powerful (tough) Looking scooter. Then He qouted me Rs.48000 After all discounts. I thought that Rs.42000 For a 102cc scoot and Rs.48000 For a 150cc giant, Thats pretty cheap. Then did a TD with him as pillion. The scooter felt ok and engine was responsive (Too much, Did 55 without much efforts) but the scooter was tad heavy. So, Said him to do the paperwork , we are buying it. He said " Saar, Colour?" . My dad said that Grey only on which we did the TD. He sent somebody to the yard and he came with the scooter. Did a thorough check at every nook and corner and Kicked it (the kick start , I mean, Vroom vroooom), Checked the lights, Indicators, Tail Light, Horn, Etc. Till then, the paper work was done. And Mr.Singh congratulated us and we headed home. After upgrading from a Chetak , It feels very powerful [evil].

Now Here's A Quick Detail of the outside-

Front- The front houses a Activa-Like (old) headlamp which is bright enough to light up streets. The INdicators are "Dull Orange" coloured but work fine. The front mudguard is prone to the Dents, And makes strange sounds on bumps as it touches the tyres. Have one big dent on theright side, below the indicator, When a mad guy (Swift) bumped while taking reverse, Still he had more repairs, With one broken Taillight, Bonnet gone inside, Detached bonnet and a dent above the rear wheel well.
Side- Super Masculine with those sharp and incredibly sharp lines running through the body. The scooter, As i Said, Is very tough and has neatly absorbed all the beatings of the village route (where we often travel). NO DENTS IN 3 YEARS.

Rear- It dominates the odd-looking tyre (stepny). The tyres are Ok. The taillight part is same as the old activa. The indicators are again orange (No, CLear Lens one) but do thier job quite well. The taillight is Very dimmed but is ok and aqequate for nights. Actually, it depends upon the race you give while braking.

Comfort
- That large seat, Actually the largest i have seen. A big fat man and a 5'9" as a pillion fit comfortable.

Problems- No major problems felt. Just the front mudguard was welded once and have had several tyre punctures (mainly rear tyre). Have clocked 36350 kms till date and counting. Overall A nice reliable and comfortable tough scooter from Honda! Thumbsup Honda!
Services done- Have done 4 services with very less bills everytime.

Dealership- REgarding the dealership, I would rate it 3.5 out of 5. Didnt felt that bad what other people say about thier attitude.

Cheers. If you have any more things to ask or enquire, Feel free to ask.[cheers]

Re: The Work Horse- My Honda Eterno 150 Ownership Experience.

Eterno. Fantastic scooter. Metal Body. Built really tough. The 150cc four stroke engine felt unburstable in a way older engines used to feel. One of my friends father owned (still owns) one and it gives him more than 60kmpl in CITY driving ALWAYS. I have ridden it only over a very short distance and it felt like the ideal scooter for a round-India trip. How I wish Honda were still making it.

Thread Starter #3

lxi.

Suspended

Nope, I dont think so. (Correct me if I am Wrong). Nowadays, We can find Aviators, Activas and Stunners on Honda Showroom. My Eterno gives 50-60kmpl as per my father's driving habits. He drives most of the time (In the city) with clutch more than half pressed in.

I was loving the Black Colour of the Eterno. But father refused. Said a Big NO. So, the colours were silver (which was very plain, I mean, Dull, No shine), Blue (Oh God, that funny colour) and the Grey (Which was best among the three IMHO). So had to go for grey.

Actually, The Speedo console and the odometer, Is not working from tommorow night 8.30 onwards. Yesterday 8.30pm, I saw the Speedo doing 45kmph and the Odo turning from 36342 to 36351 kms. But now the Speedo doesnt show above 0kmph :) (even when i drove the scooter in more than half Accelerator pressed on 4th Gear, Dont try this). The odo is not moving up from 36351, And I have driven some 10-15kms. I think he loves that number!

The speedo cable must have gone bad. Get it checked/replaced.

Top Bottom