The What Car Thread - Helping You Choose The Right Car!

Well done TSI, i bow my head to you for putting so much effort for this thread this will surely help people who are planning to buy their first set of wheels.

Vipul my boy,you have intense energy and you make some real gems after you concentrate it at one point.So why don't you daily bring such threads for us.This thread was very good written and I will also declare the chapter 11 most interesting and joking.
Even i am also facing the same and being forced to buy a 40-50 lakh costing car.
By the way where are you now a days?You have not visited last three community meets,i am waiting to hear your aggressive words again.

It looks like you never leave a chance to have a joke with Iron Rock.Hmm,I think now you have came to his league of joking and reading your thread suggested this only.

Last edited:
All i can say is great effort buddy, if somehow i would have had so much data, even though i don't have this much courage to type all of this.

Thread Starter #19
Very well written buddy. Will help a lot of future buyers. And don't take Sanyas netaji[;)].

Keep up the good work and nice trilogy.
Thanks buddy..
No no,Sanyas is confirmed.It will be a short term sanyaas.I have already crossed 2500 posts before 1 year so I'll sure go to a sanyaas for 1-2 months leaving you guys to breathe fresh air without thinking that a TSI can jump from any side..
Eh,trilogy completed.Now I am thinking of next one for next year.This will make it one trilogy per year.

Well done TSI, i bow my head to you for putting so much effort for this thread this will surely help people who are planning to buy their first set of wheels.
Thanks a lot my dear news channel.You need not to bow your head,instead you need to accompany me for making whole TAI a beautiful place.BTW,I am doubtful how many people will be able to keep themselves alive after reading my posts..Err..series of posts!![:D]

Vipul my boy,you have intense energy and you make some real gems after you concentrate it at one point.So why don't you daily bring such threads for us.This thread was very good written and I will also declare the chapter 11 most interesting and joking.
Even i am also facing the same and being forced to buy a 40-50 lakh costing car.
By the way where are you now a days?You have not visited last three community meets,i am waiting to hear your aggressive words again.

It looks like you never leave a chance to have a joke with Iron Rock.Hmm,I think now you have came to his league of joking and reading your thread suggested this only.
Thanks a lot Mahendra sir.About the energy and all-Eh,its out of my mind's reaches.
If I daily post one such thread then this may send away readers/members from TAI hence for the sake of TAI I control myself.

You also liked chapter-11[surprise].Oh it looks like I have touched the ailing nerve of every married man!!

All i can say is great effort buddy, if somehow i would have had so much data, even though i don't have this much courage to type all of this.
Thanks buddy,its easy.When you have a lot of time to kill and there are some people who are daring enough to have a look at the way you killed your time then making such reports become a delight.

This is the reason why iam your fan and I read all your post with utmost interest . Rating it 5* super thread .
Will bug you a log in the end of the year or mid next year when I will upgrade my car since my loan will finish then .

Thread Starter #21
This is the reason why iam your fan and I read all your post with utmost interest . Rating it 5* super thread .
FAN..[thinking], you mean 'pankha'?? Eh, it's winter now and a fan can result in illness!!
Read this thread after a really long time!! And still replying:stupid:
One more 5 star rating!! I guess I should leave reviews, TD reports and all and turn towards this finance/budget planning, purchase planning etc.

Will bug you a log in the end of the year or mid next year when I will upgrade my car since my loan will finish then .
Where is the log? BTW, I guess Storme is already on the way..
Have I read loan BTW? I hope either it's finished and if not then be quick buddy..[:)]

Okay a quick question to you people.

We are 4 in our family, but we do prefer 5+ seater to be our next car.
Reasons:
* My dad takes the car for highway trips at-least once in two months.
* We often go to mom's hometown where my uncle joins us for the trip.
* Montly running average would come closer to 1.5k kms on the odo.
* Currently alto is feeling very cramped now-a-days.
* If you turn back the pages of our previous cars, it was all MPVs.
* We are damn confused on upcoming BS-4 Tata-Venture and Mahindra Quanto (weird isn't it?)
* No budget issues till 9-10 lakhs, no big SUVs MUVs though(Scorpy,Xylo Evalia etc.)

Though dad has liking towards Venture(I too am for its bus-like driving position), i am more concerned about its reliability, i am not saying this just for the sake that its a Tata Vehicle but the way i see it in the used car dealers makes me feel like owners have not got good opinion in it. First of all we are plonking huge amount, this is the major dilemma i am in.

Seriously need your suggestions. Will be buying the car within 6 months from now(mom gave green signal[clap])

Ah yes, Mom and sister are hell bent on Evalia(it remembers of our good old versa) and Ertiga.
Wait! We are going own a first diesel car.

Just go for the Ertiga. Other vehicles are a bit too commercial in India but if you dont mind that go for the Evalia. But not sure about nissans ASS or highway manners.

I am no longer affected by the neighborhood aspect, as my building has couple of super multimillionaires and we have beemers, mercs, jags and audis all over the parking lot.

Thread Starter #26
Okay a quick question to you people.

We are 4 in our family, but we do prefer 5+ seater to be our next car.
Reasons:
* My dad takes the car for highway trips at-least once in two months.
* We often go to mom's hometown where my uncle joins us for the trip.
* Montly running average would come closer to 1.5k kms on the odo.
* Currently alto is feeling very cramped now-a-days.
* If you turn back the pages of our previous cars, it was all MPVs.
* We are damn confused on upcoming BS-4 Tata-Venture and Mahindra Quanto (weird isn't it?)
* No budget issues till 9-10 lakhs, no big SUVs MUVs though(Scorpy,Xylo Evalia etc.)
Well, Venture is simply out of question for me at least. Reasons are as follows:
  • Safety is compromised.
  • Comfortable for short journeys only.
  • Old tech engine.
If you need anything like Venture(actually anything like a BUS) only then I'd instead recommend a Winger platinum(it is hell comfortable and performs well too).
Rest my recommendation is simple, MARUTI SUZUKI ERTIGA. It will suit you best and the smart packaging with good ride and handling as well as performance make it a complete UV fit for your usage.

Just go for the Ertiga. Other vehicles are a bit too commercial in India but if you dont mind that go for the Evalia. But not sure about nissans ASS or highway manners.
Buddy we have no problems going for the Ertiga, but if we face the rear seat occupants, they will be either [anger] or [cry],
What i meant was, if you want leg space(not more leg space) at the last row, you can move the middle row seat they can enjoy sitting and traveling but not the ones who sit in the middle row seats because they won't have space to keep their legs and vice-versa.

So we prefer the rear seats as jump seats, but i found Venture's legroom in first two-rows well positioned.

We doubt about Nissan, firstly because
Budget goes to 10+Lakh
Doubtful A.S.S

Well, Venture is simply out of question for me at least. Reasons are as follows:
  • Safety is compromised.
We are not really concerned about it, whatever happens, it seldom happens you cant escape with it!

Comfortable for short journeys only.
From what point of view my friend? Seat cushioning or so?

But Tata Claims it as tried and tested. Is it prone to give typical diesel engine problems?

If you need anything like Venture(actually anything like a BUS) only then I'd instead recommend a Winger platinum(it is hell comfortable and performs well too).
Yes we need anything like Bus only, But Winger is too biiiig for us,in-fact it won't enter my home only.But if you want to travel king size, Winger it should be, man! what a seat it has got!

Rest my recommendation is simple, MARUTI SUZUKI ERTIGA. It will suit you best and the smart packaging with good ride and handling as well as performance make it a complete UV fit for your usage.
Our next car will not be a maruti(you can't help if my father goes crazy on it,currently he is not).

Will give a thought on it anyway we have 6 long months to wait.

Uh just stumbled upon an used Tavera LT 2.5 Model.I really need a suggestion from you people

Seller: Individual
Model: Tavera LT 2.5 9 Seater.
Make:2004
Kms: 86,000
No.of previous owners: 2
Color: Black with silver cladding(Color's in decent condition)
Features: Single A/C, Power Steering, Power Windows,Non-functioning Central locking, Art-leather seats, Broken seat adjustable levers.
Tyres: Replacement needed.
Asking price: 3,75,000 INR
We are ready to shell-out upto 3,40,000 INR

Ride and performance: Clutch felt good, but the gears did not slot in easily, Squeaky sounds from Bushes(from the leaf-springs i guess).

He asked us whether he would exchange our alto for 3,40,000 INR

Our Alto's profile:

Model: Alto LXI BS-4
Make: Nov 2010
Kms: 25000
No.of owner(s): Single
Features: A/C, Power Steering, OE JVC MP3 player, JBL 4" 180W speakers at front and 400W Speakers at the back.
Tyres: Still has 25k kms to be replaced.

What could be the exact price for the trade in, will it be good if we give our alto for 2.40 Lakhs and 1 Lakh for the Tavera?

Last edited:
Re: Audi Brings Q3 at Competitive Pricing of Rs.26.2 Lakhs

A friend of mine & me had a discussion today !(Our friends group is filled with car lovers etc) & we did realize some things.

I want to know what my fellow forum members think
1) ME-In crowded places like Mumbai,cars such as Q3 are bought cos of the brand value & status & cos of the convenient size it has for everyday use.

2) Frnd- People buy it cos it is the stepping stone to the big 3 Germans

3) Me- So regardless of what it offers if you think even less than a Laura ,people will buy it for brand.

4) Frnd- Your neighbors & relatives are gonna gossip that you got a brand new Audi cos for most Indians regardless of price Audi is Audi,Like no matter how old it is(in ancient India) they say he owns a Merc WOW!

5) ME - I know the new part is an emotional factor but cant some one instead go for a 6000 km done which when new was 65 Lakhs E class for 38 lakhs odd instead (1yr old)?

I would go for the 5th point strongly,i know most would rather invest but i am taking into context if one has made it in life,what would you choose brand new Q3/x1 or a poser millionaires tax deducting High end car? And please tell me why would you choose new or the used one etc! i find this to be an interesting topic!

Last edited:

Top Bottom