The Vintage Car Drive in Mumbai

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Just read this on Carwale. So how many TAI Members from Bombay are attending this event?
portscraft and Carwale is organising a Vintage Car Drive on the 6th of December 2009 which will commence from Vashi, Navi Mumbai to Duke’s Retreat Khandala. The event is just a drive with no winners, with the motive of bringing automotive enthusiasts closer.The cars taking part in the drive will be of the pre-1960 era and a maximum of 40 entries will be entertained. Brunch is organized for participants at the Dukes Retreat in Khandala and last date for registration is 3rd December 2009. Please do call us on 022-23677631 from 10:00 a.m. – 5:00p.m between Monday to Friday and on Saturday till 1:00p.m for details Or you could write to us at sportscraft@gmail.com. We look forward to seeing you with your prized possession for the drive.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Arun

Suspended
Don't you have to own a car to be a part of the drive? We can surely hover around and click pics.

350Z, any information on when the drive will start? I have got my classes at 7 in the morning will run upto 12 o' clock. Can't assure anything but if I get time expect a TAI version of the drive. [;)]

Good pics and i see that they are organzing something again and a great chance for photographers, grandeur lives in navi mumbai and can be a good chance for him. [:)]

Navi Mumbai gets all revved up for its first ever Vintage & Classic Car Drive event -CarWale Vintage Wheels’09, which kicks off this Sunday 20th December. The city is already abuzz with excitement as it gets a sneak-peek of some of the beauties like a gorgeous Lancia Racer, Dodge Custom Royal Coupe, Packard Clipper 6, Cadillac Series 6 and a Ford Model-A at Vashi’s InOrbit mall. To add to the excitement onlookers can win cool merchandise like Car Care Kits and Navigation Systems by participating in on-the-spot car quizzes/contests.
The Drive is scheduled to begin at 8.00 am from Four Points Sheraton Hotel, Vashi and would culminate at the Duke’s Retreat in Khandala, where all the entrants can get together over an informal brunch.
CarWale has also announced a photography contest for the event. Avid photographers get your cameras out and start clicking away! Upload your photos on carWale and you might just win a cash prize of Rs.10000 and some exciting merchandise. You can also participate in exciting online contests which can get you some wonderful prizes.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #7

350Z

Core Team
I never used to have much interest for classic cars. Eventually now they have themself made a place in my heart. Nice to see such Vintage car drivers are being organized throughout India. It's a great way to collect enthusiasts and owners alike. Grandeur, Golden opportunity for you: Cars + Photography = :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Its happening today in Mumbai - start off at 8:00 am from the Four Points Sheraton in Vashi, Navi Mumbai, near Inorbit Mall. Anybody from TAI going there?

CarWale Vintage & Classic Wheels 2009

I wish; I could reach little earlier at the starting point. All I could click are the plain car pictures while they were flagged off.

However, whatever chance and time I got I tried to utilized it to the max. I hope you guys will like the set of pictures.

Thanks!

Grandeur, i am tired of saying this again and again. WOW, excellent pics. You just make the pictures alive.Anyways, if i am not wrong, they award the best mantained car. Which one grabbed it?

Thanks Akash for your kind words. It really motivates [;)]. I had earlier planned to visit Khandala along with the vintage cars (since I had the invitation), but something very important came up and I had to leave just after the flag off event. I still have no clue which all cars won...but will surely update once I have the info.

Thread Starter #15

350Z

Core Team
Nice job Grandeur, We've become fan of pictures you snap. Keep them coming.
Vintage and Classics are beauty of their own, We'll get to see their paintings and cars itself at auto expo by Heritage Motoring Club of India.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom