The Tiger – My Tata Tigor XZA

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Hi Vinod sir,
I dont have any failure till now, touch wood.

But I am recently hearing many issues with Nexon, our own Aakash faced and also read many stories on web.
Good to hear Rama about your experience bro. Ya mine was indeed a unfortunate incident which also took a toll on my dad's health because at the age of 70 you don't expect the man to run around searching for a mechanic due to an unforeseen mechanical failure due to lack of proper PDI maybe at OEM & dealer. I believe its wise to go in for the Extended Warranty if you intend to keep the car for longer period. I might replace it post the expiry of the standard warranty. I wish TML backs up a good product with good reliability as well. To those I have shared this incident, they are surprised and advise me to make a decisive move.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #109

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Third service done yesterday.

Complaints reported:

>Wiper blade sound (a minor scratch sound when the wiper comes down)
>Reverse parking camera not working (seems some lose connection)
>Fuel gauge bars fluctuates (after driving some distance it settles in actual position)

I have asked the Service Centre to arrange a driver to pick up and drop the car (because I know that it will take more time since they have to do the service and then take the car to the accessories section for checking the camera. The service centre is 48 kms away from my home also it is outside city limit, so it is a bit inconvenient to travel after dropping the car and again to pick up the car hence I arranged the pick up)

The Car was picked up on 24th morning and returned back on 25th evening (took more time as I was told the technician from accessory shop was not there on 24th Sept, hence the car has to be kept for overnight).

Before the car left the service centre yesterday, I checked with the service manager and he told me that everything is now fine, but when the car reached home first thing I checked was the Camera and to my shock it's not working. I have shown it to the driver who brought the car and also lodged a complaint with the Service manager on the phone. He promised to send the technician today to my home. Hope he come today as promised or else I am going to write a strong email to all concerned.

Seems service done nicely as the car has become smoother now (could not drive much yesterday as it was raining heavily, but still I drove the car for about 6 km - took the car to the nearest petrol pump for filling up some fuel as it was almost empty when they brought the car after the service).

Total Bill Rs. 2432, breakup as under:

Rs. 1634.00 - (Engine oil - 3.8L 5W30)
152.00 - Oil Filter Assy
170.00 - Windshield fluid 50ml
178.50 - Vehicle health check up/consumable (base rate Rs.625 less discount Rs.475)
297.50 - Pick up/Drop off (Rs.250 plus tax)
(Total Amount Rs. 2432 inclusive of all taxes)

Job done - Free

3rd Service/Washing
Break system check/cleaning
Check A/C system/Cleaning

The Service guys and the services are good, but their accessories department seems useless. I am not going to leave them peacefully unless they rectify my camera fault or do a replacement.
Already drafted a big email and keeping ready to shoot to all concerned including TATA Motors. Will wait for today to see if the Camera technician come here as promised by the service manager

Shall keep you informed

had a bitter sweet experience yesterday. I was in Bangalore for a day yesterday and since it was a to fro journey from the Airport I booked a Santro 2018 MT petrol from Revv as my self drive vehicle.( Obviously coz I had to compare it with my Tiago)
So the sweet part:(where Tiago is better)
The car lacks power has a bouncy suspension feels smaller than its peers and very basic in everything it does yet is priced upwards of 5.5 lacs onroad not really value for money.
The steering is I think the worst calibrated one that you can find in a small car even Celerio is better you can never chuck confidently in corners Tiago is much more fun to drive.
Now the Bitter part:
NVH
Smooth four pot meant city driveability not at all jerky higher gear at lower speed much easier.
Now Where it pinched me most for my 115 KM's ride it gave me staggering 20.2kmpl with avg speed at 44 KMPH and Always on AC
P.s. fellow owners from Bangalore can shed some light on the route I took and whether if such mileage is at all possible with Tiago

Attachments

Thread Starter #111

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Something need to be clarified:

Remote Door opening /closing- before the 3rd service - press the unlock button from the remote - all the doors unlocked and then you open driver side door (or maybe any door) and then close it, all the doors remain in unlocked condition. until you lock it pressing the lock button on the remote. (this feature was there from the beginning)

After 3rd Service - unlock using remote and open the driver side door and then close it, within one minute the doors get locked automatically (without pressing the remote lock button). Same time open the driver side door as well as rear side door and close it, then all the doors remain unlocked.

Any one noticed this door locking feature - was it there from the begining or any changes after periodical services?

Something need to be clarified:

Remote Door opening /closing- before the 3rd service - press the unlock button from the remote - all the doors unlocked and then you open driver side door (or maybe any door) and then close it, all the doors remain in unlocked condition. until you lock it pressing the lock button on the remote. (this feature was there from the beginning)

After 3rd Service - unlock using remote and open the driver side door and then close it, within one minute the doors get locked automatically (without pressing the remote lock button). Same time open the driver side door as well as rear side door and close it, then all the doors remain unlocked.

Any one noticed this door locking feature - was it there from the begining or any changes after periodical services?
I've never come across this issue in my Nexon, however I would suggest to ask your TASS (I know it's a task as yours is a good 45km away)to run a ECU diagnosis, could be it'll throw up some errors, which then need to be cleared.
By the way, we've had extended monsoon up North, and my passenger side door sometimes would not open on the end of a ride, which was an embarrassment to say the least.
Took it to TASS today, and the johney just adjusted the latch mechanism on the door B pillar, and it's ok now.
Diagnosis, moisture in the air fowling the mechanism.
Let's see it doesn't play up again.

Thread Starter #114

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Before the car left the service centre yesterday, I checked with the service manager and he told me that everything is now fine, but when the car reached home first thing I checked was the Camera and to my shock it's not working. I have shown it to the driver who brought the car and also lodged a complaint with the Service manager on the phone. He promised to send the technician today to my home. Hope he come today as promised or else I am going to write a strong email to all concerned
Update: No technician came home to attend the problem, instead they wanted the car at their place. After some discussion/argument, they sent the Driver on 10th Oct noon and took the car. They checked again (may be this time they did a proper check-up) and found that the Charger (the camera wire connected to power plug i.e. cigarette lighter point) is faulty which they replaced. I have driven a few kms and found that the camera is now working fine (anyway it was not due to the faulty camera but the charger) ).

The Accessories section manager also just called me to check if it is working and explained me what was the problem. I simply asked him, why they didn't check the charger earlier for which no answer from him.! [embarass]

No Bill for this work.[:)]

Hope, now the camera will work without any problem, at least for a few years .!

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
I was afraid that it may turn out to be a poor experience story bringing bad name to TATA. Seems like your "hadkana" on the phone worked well!
All's well that ends well.

Thread Starter #116

Nairrk

Honoured Member
New touchscreen fixed instead of the stock HU

IMG-20191030-WA0006.jpg

Model: Blaupunkt Long Beach 970 - total paid Rs.35, 000 including reverse Camera, stereo frame and fitting charges. Touchscreen fitted by Dealer's accessory technician.

With this new set up, my previous dash-cam cum reverse camera fitted on the IRVM now works only as dash camera as the reverse camera has been removed from that setup. Unfortunately, that camera was not able to connect with this new touchscreen hence I had to purchase a new camera for this new set up.[sad]

A.JPG

(Old dash cam, now only function as front camera)

C.JPG

(My mobile, Nokia 7.1 paired with the touchscreen)

D.JPG

E.JPG

F.JPG

G.JPG

(Google Maps)

H.JPG

(voice supported Navigation)

I.JPG

(Band EQ)

J.JPG

K.JPG

(You-tube)

L.JPG

N.JPG

(Radio)

O.JPG

(The camera - it can be rotated sideways or up/down.)

Looks all nice except the camera which is projected outside and worried that some children or even grown ups may tamper it when the car is parked at some unknown places.

After connecting the set up the sound quality of the OEM speakers have been improved much than it was earlier. Since it has Android 6.0 and the system will work both Wifi and Bluetooth, we can download any apps directly from Google Play store.

New touchscreen fixed instead of the stock HU

View attachment 265918
Model: Blaupunkt Long Beach 970 - total paid Rs.35, 000 including reverse Camera, stereo frame and fitting charges. Touchscreen fitted by Dealer's accessory technician.

With this new set up, my previous dash-cam cum reverse camera fitted on the IRVM now works only as dash camera as the reverse camera has been removed from that setup. Unfortunately, that camera was not able to connect with this new touchscreen hence I had to purchase a new camera for this new set up.[sad]

View attachment 265919
(Old dash cam, now only function as front camera)

View attachment 265920
(My mobile, Nokia 7.1 paired with the touchscreen)

View attachment 265921

View attachment 265922

View attachment 265923

View attachment 265924
(Google Maps)

View attachment 265925
(voice supported Navigation)

View attachment 265926
(Band EQ)

View attachment 265927

View attachment 265928
(You-tube)

View attachment 265929

View attachment 265930
(Radio)

View attachment 265931
(The camera - it can be rotated sideways or up/down.)

Looks all nice except the camera which is projected outside and worried that some children or even grown ups may tamper it when the car is parked at some unknown places.

After connecting the set up the sound quality of the OEM speakers have been improved much than it was earlier. Since it has Android 6.0 and the system will work both Wifi and Bluetooth, we can download any apps directly from Google Play store.
Good job, the HU looks nice, click a photo with the reverse camera, so we can see the quality.
All the best.

Thread Starter #118

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Here, some more features:

New.jpg

New2.jpg

(Calculater)

New3.jpg

(Calender)

New4.jpg

(Apps List)

New5.jpg

(Browser)

New6.jpg

(Reverse cam)

New7.jpg

++

The Dashcam which was having problem (like lose contact) earlier, and was rectified by them last month went off again. This time they have changed the full set with a brand new cam with mirror, even though the warranty is expired. (The guy told me that they have sent the old one to the company for repairs and probably it will be given to someone else [roll] )

Thread Starter #119

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Just checked with the dealer about EW rate (I have not yet taken the EW so far) and they have revised the rates now.

The effective rate for Novmber as under:

=2 year OEM warranty + additional 1 year or upto 75000 kms (whichever is earlier) : Rs.8068
(When I checked with them on 31st August,2019, the rate was Rs. 6,777 )

= 2 year OEM warranty + additional 2 years or upto 100000Kms (whichever is earlier): Rs. 15631
= 2 year OEM warranty + additional 3 years or upto 125000kms (whichever is earlier): Rs. 19867

I am opting for the additional one year EW at Rs.8068, and then will extend further at the end of 2nd year or thereafter .

Thread Starter #120

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Recived below SMS from Tata Motors
///

''Dear Customer, a new version of Tata Motors Service Connect Android application is available on play store. Kindly update and login to get the best experience. Ignore if already done.''

I have just updated it and logged in (using previous user ID/password), my vehicle information and next service due showing in the opening page along with a list of other features (Book service, My Bookings, Cost calculator, Reminder's, Service History etc.). are available. Something they updated - especially the display style is different now.

Top Bottom