The Tiger – My Tata Tigor XZA

Thread Starter #76

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Hello Nair Sahab, I suggest go for AMC Gold, this covers everything except battery, wheel weights and tyres, take the plan for higher km range for peace of mind.

Regards
Vinod
But, I heard that AMC Gold is for 2 years and the price is around Rs.17000/-. My running will be low (definitely, it will be less than 10000 per annum) and as such will it be worth buying AMC Gold or should I opt for P2P - bit confusing. Anyway, will be visiting the dealer (head office) and discuss with them to see which plan will suit for me[:)]

But, I heard that AMC Gold is for 2 years and the price is around Rs.17000/-. My running will be low (definitely, it will be less than 10000 per annum) and as such will it be worth buying AMC Gold or should I opt for P2P - bit confusing. Anyway, will be visiting the dealer (head office) and discuss with them to see which plan will suit for me[:)]

If I'm correct the 17k price was for 3 years Gold AMC. For 2 years plan it is something around 9-10k. But yes, for I also gave a thought about overall running and opted for P2P. And plus the cost factor. The cost was Rs 5699/- for 4 years iirc.

Regards,
Bhushan

Thread Starter #78

Nairrk

Honoured Member
If I'm correct the 17k price was for 3 years Gold AMC. For 2 years plan it is something around 9-10k. But yes, for I also gave a thought about overall running and opted for P2P. And plus the cost factor. The cost was Rs 5699/- for 4 years iirc.

Regards,
Bhushan
My guy quoted me Rs.5300 for 4 years or 45000kms and you paid 5699/- for 4 years -why the difference, may be they added GST?

As I said, I need to go to the dealer's head office to sort out this extra warranty matter, but I am waiting for their reply regarding fitting Shark Finn antenna on my Car. I already spoke to Service Manager who want to check with Tata guys if the antenna can be replaced with Shark Finn without changing the wiring etc. Once I have the answer on this matter, then I will take the car to them and finish all works (in addition to antenna change, I need to re-position the door visor and also to fix insulation on the boot cover- inner side).

My guy quoted me Rs.5300 for 4 years or 45000kms and you paid 5699/- for 4 years -why the difference, may be they added GST?

Correction - In my case it was Rs 6599/- for 4 years, just checked the receipt. And it is for 60,000 kms. May be that's why the difference is.

I could have easily opted for the lesser priced 4y/45000km P2P as I'm pretty sure that I will not cross the 60000 mark in 4 years. But still its a matter of Rs 1000/- and who knows what will happen in the coming years[glasses]

Thread Starter #82

Nairrk

Honoured Member
I could have easily opted for the lesser priced 4y/45000km P2P as I'm pretty sure that I will not cross the 60000 mark in 4 years. But still its a matter of Rs 1000/- and who knows what will happen in the coming years[glasses]
Yes, 60000kms in 4 years is too big a target for low runners, however, as you said the difference is around Rs.1300 only which is not that big. By the way, did you already purchase the plan for 4 years?

Yes, 60000kms in 4 years is too big a target for low runners, however, as you said the difference is around Rs.1300 only which is not that big. By the way, did you already purchase the plan for 4 years?
Yes. And I got a brochure from TML Customer Care and it clearly mentions wheel balancing and alignment are not included in the plan.[roll]

Thread Starter #85

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Yesterday, I drove the car for about 80kms (2 way) and the route was 60% highway ad 40% traffic/congested roads. Also, there were inclines and declines in many places. I drove all this distance only on AMT City mode and never had any problem while stopped on an incline and move again many a time due slow traffic I need to stop and go and never ever used the hand-brake to avoid rolling back (I was a little worried and always kept my left hand, ready near the hand-brake to lift it if the car started rolling back). A minor creep function when releasing the brake pedal on an incline was sufficient for me to move forward without the car rolling back. (In MT cars, I always practice half brake/half clutch method when in such situation)

I don't know how it (creep function) will behave in steep hills, but so far I found the AMT feature is very convenient and easy to drive. As per the trip meter, I got 13.5kmpl on that trip which I feel not bad.![:)]

Yesterday, I drove the car for about 80kms (2 way) and the route was 60% highway ad 40% traffic/congested roads. Also, there were inclines and declines in many places. I drove all this distance only on AMT City mode and never had any problem while stopped on an incline and move again many a time due slow traffic I need to stop and go and never ever used the hand-brake to avoid rolling back (I was a little worried and always kept my left hand, ready near the hand-brake to lift it if the car started rolling back). A minor creep function when releasing the brake pedal on an incline was sufficient for me to move forward without the car rolling back. (In MT cars, I always practice half brake/half clutch method when in such situation)

I don't know how it (creep function) will behave in steep hills, but so far I found the AMT feature is very convenient and easy to drive. As per the trip meter, I got 13.5kmpl on that trip which I feel not bad.![:)]
In my recent long trip, I used both city as well as sports mode in hilly areas. With sports mode, it was very easy for the car to move ahead but even with the city mode it was not that difficult. We had more than around 80% or more boot space loaded with bags and we were 2 adults in the car + our kid. Though we did not face stop-go traffic to check creep function, the overall pick-up was sufficient in city mode. I'm pretty happy with it.

While in city, I usually prefer to use the handbrake in bumper to bumper traffic here in Pune to avoid any issue. Here, sometimes even with a slight backward movement before creeping, you are about the touch the vehicle behind (most of the times, two-wheeler or rikshaw. They leave almost no space in between [shock]).

Regards,
Bhushan

Thread Starter #87

Nairrk

Honoured Member
I never used the hand-brake even there were few stop-go traffic, but was ready to lift the hand-brake if something goes wrong. The creep function was on the spot, but we have to be very careful and be ready to depress the accelerator (without any delay) the moment you move the foot from the brake pedal enables the car to move instantly, otherwise definitely the car will roll back. Even I did overtake many vehicles with city mode. Only we need to be cautious, especially when the gear moving from 1st to 2nd where I found some lag in speed !

Thread Starter #88

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Black Sunday for me and my Car [sad]

I along with my Wife had to attend a wedding function in a nearby (4 km from my home) Wedding auditorium. After reaching the auditorium, I was parking the car in reverse position and close to the compound wall (as seen in the parking sensor) I stopped the car and in the meantime I was also watching another car parking on the left side of my car. Without realizing hand brake is not raised or gear not shifted to N, I removed my right leg from the brake pedal, but the car was in reverse gear and the creep function worked and hit the electric post behind the car. It all happened in a fraction of a second.

There was a minor cut/dent in the top end of the bumber, just below the number plate. First time after buying this car, I felt bad about the AMT because the creep function made all the difference and got hit. I always cautious to move the gear to N before releasing the brake pedal, but today I got disturbed, especially due to lots of movements around and forgot to shift the gear or put the hand brake.

001.jpg

It's just a small dent (close up picture shows the dent as bigger) and thinking that I am not going to do any repair until the next service .

Hope the dent can be removed without much expense since its on the bumper?

Black Sunday for me and my Car [sad]

I along with my Wife had to attend a wedding function in a nearby (4 km from my home) Wedding auditorium. After reaching the auditorium, I was parking the car in reverse position and close to the compound wall (as seen in the parking sensor) I stopped the car and in the meantime I was also watching another car parking on the left side of my car. Without realizing hand brake is not raised or gear not shifted to N, I removed my right leg from the brake pedal, but the car was in reverse gear and the creep function worked and hit the electric post behind the car. It all happened in a fraction of a second.

There was a minor cut/dent in the top end of the bumber, just below the number plate. First time after buying this car, I felt bad about the AMT because the creep function made all the difference and got hit. I always cautious to move the gear to N before releasing the brake pedal, but today I got disturbed, especially due to lots of movements around and forgot to shift the gear or put the hand brake.

View attachment 254163

It's just a small dent (close up picture shows the dent as bigger) and thinking that I am not going to do any repair until the next service .

Hope the dent can be removed without much expense since its on the bumper?
Sad to see this dent, I had a similar dent on Nano where the bumper caved in, I took it to my FNG who just warmed up the back portion with a glow torch and removed the dent, no paint was effected.

Last edited:

Top Bottom