The Tiger – My Tata Tigor XZA

Thread Starter #62

Nairrk

Honoured Member
1st free service done - '0' bill

Asked the guy if air filter cleaning is necessary which he said no (due to low running) however he promised to do the cleaning. While taking the car after completion service I again asked him whether air filter cleaning done for which he said ' Yes' [:)]

-Repositioning for door visors: They didn't have double side tape enable fix the visors again. He will get it from his head office tomorrow and asked me if I can bring the car again tomorrow. I told him to keep the tape ready and then will let him know when I can bring the car again (he said that they need at least 90 minutes to remove, clean the area and fix it again)

-Boot lid (inside) insulation: The company stopped this feature (cost cutting[frustration] ) and we have to fix it as extra accessory which costs about Rs.800. (Again, this also available only in the head-office hence postponed for some time later)

No other major complaint from my side.

++

Service engineer mentioned me about p2p (Promise to Protect) maintenance plan.

The rate is Rs.5300 for 4 years or 45000kms

What it covers:

- Covers repairs including wear & tear parts viz. brakes, suspension bush, clutch, drive belts, wiper blade etc.

- Alternator & A/C belt change

- Wheel balancing/ Wheel alignment

- A/C Gas

- Check up jobs & Minor adjustments

- Free Road side assistance 24x7 (coverage within 60kms from the service station)

- Cashless repairs

- Accepted across network

Validity : 4 years from the date of joining the plan.

Service engineer mentioned me about p2p (Promise to Protect) maintenance plan.

The rate is Rs.5300 for 4 years or 45000kms

What it covers:

- Covers repairs including wear & tear parts viz. brakes, suspension bush, clutch, drive belts, wiper blade etc.

- Alternator & A/C belt change

- Wheel balancing/ Wheel alignment

- A/C Gas

- Check up jobs & Minor adjustments

- Free Road side assistance 24x7 (coverage within 60kms from the service station)

- Cashless repairs

- Accepted across network

Validity : 4 years from the date of joining the plan.
Hi Nairji,

please check with them again if the wheel alignment / balancing is included in P2P plan. I think it's not.
See following link, it is mentioned under 'Exclusions' section - https://service.tatamotors.com/content/promise-protect-p2p

Hi Nairji,

please check with them again if the wheel alignment / balancing is included in P2P plan. I think it's not.
See following link, it is mentioned under 'Exclusions' section - https://service.tatamotors.com/content/promise-protect-p2p
Hello Hemant, one has to pay only for the weight put on the wheels, not for balancing and alignment.

I've AMC Gold for my Nano XTA, and was charged for the weights only.

Regards
Vinod

Thread Starter #65

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Hi Nairji,

See following link, it is mentioned under 'Exclusions' section -
See below brochure given to me which shows ''wheel balancing and wheel alignment''

024.JPG

Thread Starter #67

Nairrk

Honoured Member
If we switch on the Parking light or head light whilst listening to the Music, the screen (Coonecnext) brightness reduces from its original bright view. See the difference here.

Before switching the parking light
005.jpg

After switching on the parking light (the brightness reduces to almost 50%)
006.jpg

May be, many of you all already aware of this feature, but I have seen it only yesterday night (first time I drove the car in the night time)[roll]

If we switch on the Parking light or head light whilst listening to the Music, the screen (Coonecnext) brightness reduces from its original bright view. See the difference here.

Before switching the parking light
View attachment 251217

After switching on the parking light (the brightness reduces to almost 50%)
View attachment 251219

May be, many of you all already aware of this feature, but I have seen it only yesterday night (first time I drove the car in the night time)[roll]
yes this is how it is not only music system whole cluster brightness is reduced backlit switch instrument cluster...almost all car manufacturer its the same in my XUV and Octavia as well

If we switch on the Parking light or head light whilst listening to the Music, the screen (Coonecnext) brightness reduces from its original bright view.
You can also adjust the level of reduced brightness. In fact, at one such level, the volume dial will lose its backlight completely. My ASC ended up replacing the whole head unit because they didn't know about this feature [lol].

Oh, and BTW, congrats on your new ride sir ji. Wish you millions of happy miles on the car. Sorry for joining the party late. [:)]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #70

Nairrk

Honoured Member
You can also adjust the level of reduced brightness. In fact, at one such level, the volume dial will lose its backlight completely. My ASC ended up replacing the whole head unit because they didn't know about this feature [lol].

Oh, and BTW, congrats on your new ride sir ji. Wish you millions of happy miles on the car. Sorry for joining the party late. [:)]
Thanks for your wishes, though it is late[:)]

Hi Nairrk, is this P2P or Protect Plus plan ?
I got one for my Tiago but it was priced at Rs. 6400/-. Also the coverage is for 4 Years/ 60000 Km.

Thread Starter #72

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Hi Nairrk, is this P2P or Protect Plus plan ?
I got one for my Tiago but it was priced at Rs. 6400/-. Also the coverage is for 4 Years/ 60000 Km.
The price quoted was for Rs.5300 for P2P (Promise to protect) Plan. They have two plans like Rs.5300 for 4 years or 45000 kms or Rs.6400 for 60000kms.

Anyway, I did not opt any plan so far - thinking whether to go for AMC Gold or P2P.!

See below brochure given to me which shows ''wheel balancing and wheel alignment''

Hi Nairrk, could you please post the complete brochure. I had a discussion with my SA and he said, RSA is part of standard warranty and not part of P2P. He also sent me below brochure pictures where there is no mention of ac gas, wheel balancing and alignment. So I'm confused.

Attachments

The price quoted was for Rs.5300 for P2P (Promise to protect) Plan. They have two plans like Rs.5300 for 4 years or 45000 kms or Rs.6400 for 60000kms.

Anyway, I did not opt any plan so far - thinking whether to go for AMC Gold or P2P.!
Hello Nair Sahab, I suggest go for AMC Gold, this covers everything except battery, wheel weights and tyres, take the plan for higher km range for peace of mind.

Regards
Vinod

Top Bottom