The Tiger – My Tata Tigor XZA

bhvm

Honoured Member
Black Sunday for me and my Car [sad]

I along with my Wife had to attend a wedding function in a nearby (4 km from my home) Wedding auditorium. After reaching the auditorium, I was parking the car in reverse position and close to the compound wall (as seen in the parking sensor) I stopped the car and in the meantime I was also watching another car parking on the left side of my car. Without realizing hand brake is not raised or gear not shifted to N, I removed my right leg from the brake pedal, but the car was in reverse gear and the creep function worked and hit the electric post behind the car. It all happened in a fraction of a second.

There was a minor cut/dent in the top end of the bumber, just below the number plate. First time after buying this car, I felt bad about the AMT because the creep function made all the difference and got hit. I always cautious to move the gear to N before releasing the brake pedal, but today I got disturbed, especially due to lots of movements around and forgot to shift the gear or put the hand brake.

View attachment 254163

It's just a small dent (close up picture shows the dent as bigger) and thinking that I am not going to do any repair until the next service .

Hope the dent can be removed without much expense since its on the bumper?
Well. Things do happen.
I guess you had the habit of driving Manuals and hence this happened.
I have to be very careful if I am driving any Auto (and Generally I do not drive any). I have to ask my left leg to Freeze, totally out of the way. Because You might accidently press the brake thinking its a clutch (and happens very sharply and abruptly).

About the dent, Unless its a tear I can can be repaired easily. But I think some filling & Paint will be needed to make it smooth.

Thread Starter #92

Nairrk

Honoured Member
No problem with using only one leg as I am comfortable keeping left leg free and relaxed. It all happened after reverse parking the car, but before shift the gear to N or pull the hand brake, I have removed leg from the brake and the car crept backward and hit the corner side of the electrical post. There was no kind of sound, but the guy who was parking his car next to me noticed and cautioned me.

Anyway, it all happened. Now next service is due next month and at that time will check with the Service manager and see what can be done .

Thread Starter #93

Nairrk

Honoured Member
2nd Service done today.

No major complaints from my side except there was a minor tuk tuk sound coming from the left rear wheel side when driving in full load (5 people). If the back seat is empty the sound is not there. They took a trial run and agreed that there was that minor sound and need to change something (I forgot the name) but they don't have the part in their stock and asked me to contact them in next 15 days.

ECU updated (as they claim), but I couldn't notice much change except that my settings (Bluetooth connection to human system) all got erased and I need to do connect it again. So, it looks like they have updated the ECU.!

Regarding earlier complaint on Sun visor blocking my view whilst turning sharp curves, especially on the right side, I have told them to remove the Sun visors and now its fine.

Tried to fix Shark Finn antenna in place of existing antenna, but for that they need to remove the old antenna base for which they have to open up the roof trim, back pillar trim etc as they don't know through where the wiring is coming to the center console. I straight away asked them whether they fixed such antenna in any car for which they said 'No', I told them to stop as I don't want them to learn all these things on my car and spoil her company fittings.

Many after market fish antenna models are available online which can be fixed easily without removing the present antenna base or roof trim, etc. I will look one from Amazon and will see how it works.

The Service Bill came to '0'

2nd Service done today.

No major complaints from my side except there was a minor tuk tuk sound coming from the left rear wheel side when driving in full load (5 people). If the back seat is empty the sound is not there. They took a trial run and agreed that there was that minor sound and need to change something (I forgot the name) but they don't have the part in their stock and asked me to contact them in next 15 days.

ECU updated (as they claim), but I couldn't notice much change except that my settings (Bluetooth connection to human system) all got erased and I need to do connect it again. So, it looks like they have updated the ECU.!

Regarding earlier complaint on Sun visor blocking my view whilst turning sharp curves, especially on the right side, I have told them to remove the Sun visors and now its fine.

Tried to fix Shark Finn antenna in place of existing antenna, but for that they need to remove the old antenna base for which they have to open up the roof trim, back pillar trim etc as they don't know through where the wiring is coming to the center console. I straight away asked them whether they fixed such antenna in any car for which they said 'No', I told them to stop as I don't want them to learn all these things on my car and spoil her company fittings.

Many after market fish antenna models are available online which can be fixed easily without removing the present antenna base or roof trim, etc. I will look one from Amazon and will see how it works.

The Service Bill came to '0'
Did they changed the oil and filter? If not get it done, even if your milage is low.

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Sad to see this dent, I had a similar dent on Nano where the bumper caved in, I took it to my FNG who just warmed up the back portion with a glow torch and removed the dent, no paint was effected.
Yes I totally agree. Dont feel sad. It can be mended like Nanofreak said. And with minimal dismantling etc (which ASS do and inflate the bill)

Thread Starter #96

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Yes I totally agree. Dont feel sad. It can be mended like Nanofreak said. And with minimal dismantling etc (which ASS do and inflate the bill)
The SA told me that they cannot remove the dent instead have to change the full bumper as cannot remove the dent otherwise. I told him that let the dent be there, I have no problem with that.. (I don't want to spend big money and change the bumper just because of a minor dent)

Thread Starter #97

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Did they changed the oil and filter? If not get it done, even if your milage is low
Oil filter changed. Oil not changed - SA advised that oil can be changed in next service as mileage done only 1300kms. (car usage in the last 2 months was very, very low as my brother-in-laws old Celerio has been kept here and for all local use I have been using this one and also have a scooter for daily shopping/purchases).

Oil filter changed. Oil not changed - SA advised that oil can be changed in next service as mileage done only 1300kms. (car usage in the last 2 months was very, very low as my brother-in-laws old Celerio has been kept here and for all local use I have been using this one and also have a scooter for daily shopping/purchases).
There was no need to change the filter when the oil was not drained, do get both done on the next oil change.

Thread Starter #100

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Its time for buying AMC & EW (I have not taken these services so far) for my Tigor. Checked with Tata Dealer here and received below quote:

AMC Silver - Rs, 3560
P2P - Rs.7595 (on phone they told me Rs.7129, but when received email the quote shows as 7595 - will clarify with them) for 4 years or 45,000kms

EW: Rs. 6,777 (Additional one year + 75000 Kms
+++

P2P - Services/Parts covered

Screenshot_20190831-142523.png

EW - Services

EW.png

EW1.png

Its time for buying AMC & EW (I have not taken these services so far) for my Tigor. Checked with Tata Dealer here and received below quote:

AMC Silver - Rs, 3560
P2P - Rs.7595 (on phone they told me Rs.7129, but when received email the quote shows as 7595 - will clarify with them) for 4 years or 45,000kms

EW: Rs. 6,777 (Additional one year + 75000 Kms
+++

P2P - Services/Parts covered

View attachment 263331

EW - Services

View attachment 263332

View attachment 263333
Nair Sahab, good evening, as your running is low, I would suggest you AMC gold for 2 years, this covers everything including oil's and filter change. I've this for my Nano XTA, and happy with the decision.
No need of EW.
Regards
Vinod

Thread Starter #102

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Nair Sahab, good evening, as your running is low, I would suggest you AMC gold for 2 years, this covers everything including oil's and filter change. I've this for my Nano XTA, and happy with the decision.
No need of EW.
Regards
Vinod
Thanks Vinodji,
I have discussed with them and their opinion was that since my running is low and I am using a petrol car P2P is good and cover things. AMC Gold is mainly for Diesel cars and those who cover more running. (I believe Gold AMC is costlier than P2P ?). Also I have checked with some automobile blogs and YouTube explanations and all are talking about P2P or Gold AMC and not discussing about EW?

I have told my dealer guy that I will go for P2P and will think about EW later on (still have time)..

Thread Starter #104

Nairrk

Honoured Member
I highly recommend EW for 2 years / 1 Lakh KM as this engine is relatively new and EW does cover a lot of critical components.
Thanks. I have taken the P2P plan today @ Rs.7583.73 for 4 years/45,000kms.

Will discuss on EW next month, ( according to dealer, EW has to be taken within 14 months from the purchase date)
The rate quoted by them was Rs. 6777 - additional 1 year/75000km, or Rs.12,223 additional 2 year/ 100,000Km.

Top Bottom