The Tiger – My Tata Tigor XZA

Thread Starter #31

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Have taken her out today for a long drive, 77 kms, of which around 15/17 kms were very bad roads with full of potholes, loose stones, dust etc. (could drive only in 1st and 2nd gear). Fuel economy, according to MID, 13.4 kmph which seems not bad driving in such road conditions.

Total distance driven in manual mode, which seems very comfortable (no jerking/lag felt during the gear shift as in auto mode) and I enjoyed the ride fully.[:)]

Have taken her out today for a long drive, 77 kms, of which around 15/17 kms were very bad roads with full of potholes, loose stones, dust etc. (could drive only in 1st and 2nd gear). Fuel economy, according to MID, 13.4 kmph which seems not bad driving in such road conditions.

Total distance driven in manual mode, which seems very comfortable (no jerking/lag felt during the gear shift as in auto mode) and I enjoyed the ride fully.[:)]
The fuel economy in the MID always shows numbers less than tankful method by 2-3 points. Still it looks good considering the bad condition of the road. Moreover it'll increase as the engine settles in. :)

Glad to see you enjoying M mode too. It is really smooth and has no lags like those in A mode, especially changing from 1 to 2. In city b-b traffic, I feel the M mode is bit jerky in 1st gear, so I would prefer A mode there.

Thread Starter #33

Nairrk

Honoured Member
For me, the door visor fixed on the right front door, especially the bend portion towards the 'A' pillar blocking the view when turning right in the sharp curves. I feel the door visor width is a shade bigger than it should have been (not that clear like what it should have been through the plain door window glass).

Is anyone facing similar difficulty?

For me, the door visor fixed on the right front door, especially the bend portion towards the 'A' pillar blocking the view when turning right in the sharp curves. I feel the door visor width is a shade bigger than it should have been (not that clear like what it should have been through the plain door window glass).

Is anyone facing similar difficulty?
Can you post a pic. My door visor does not interfere.

Edit - I saw the pic now. Yes its placed too low. For me I asked to place higher at the top of door.

Also the camera installation is neat and this is what I was suggesting. Can you post a pic how is rear visibility in the camera?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #35

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Can you post a pic. My door visor does not interfere.

Edit - I saw the pic now. Yes its placed too low. For me I asked to place higher at the top of door.

Also the camera installation is neat and this is what I was suggesting. Can you post a pic how is rear visibility in the camera?
Door visor - yes, I too felt it is placed too low and thats the reason I am having the visibility problem.

Camera - will post pic tomorrow.

Thread Starter #36

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Picture of front camera (still to insert SD card hence recording not working now)
The pic quality is bad as the car is kept under the covered parking, also cloudy surrounding

004.JPG

Rear camera (reverse parking)
006.JPG

OEM Park Assist
007.JPG

+

Insulated Inside bonnet lid
008.JPG

but same is missing inside the trunk lid - if anyone (Tigor owners) have insulation on it?
010.JPG

Thread Starter #38

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Park Assist warning system

007.JPG

Whilst reversing, I have tried up to the 5 lines (graphic, as shown in the above image) and continuous beep sound (also beep sound from reverse camera) and didn't want to take a further chance. The SE (Tata dealer) once told me that after 5 warning lines 'Stop' signal also comes as a final warning.

Is anybody tried upto that level?

Park Assist warning system

Whilst reversing, I have tried up to the 5 lines (graphic, as shown in the above image) and continuous beep sound (also beep sound from reverse camera) and didn't want to take a further chance. The SE (Tata dealer) once told me that after 5 warning lines 'Stop' signal also comes as a final warning.

Is anybody tried upto that level?
Yes, I've tried that. Not that hard actually. You'll get that even against a small branch of a tree/bush too. It looks like this - IMG_20180929_193653.jpg

Thread Starter #42

Nairrk

Honoured Member
I have been trying to connect Navigation setting from my mobile to ConnextNext. Already downloaded Navi Maps app, but when I select Navigation path on Connectnext, it Keep saying 'Connect your mobile via BT after downloading Navi App''.

Any one connected this navigation set up - how to get it done?

I have been trying to connect Navigation setting from my mobile to ConnextNext. Already downloaded Navi Maps app, but when I select Navigation path on Connectnext, it Keep saying 'Connect your mobile via BT after downloading Navi App''.

I never tried this, I mostly use Google Maps which gives accurate data including traffic status.

Yes, I've connected that, though as Anshuman said, google maps are more convenient. Even I don't use navi maps much.

To use navi maps-

1. connect your phone via Bluetooth to the harman system
2. From navi maps app on the phone, choose your destination.
3. The route will appear in the app.
4. From the Harman system menu, select navigation option.
5. You'll see the navigation in the form of arrows for turns and distance to that.
It appears like this in the Harman system -

IMG_20181004_193230702.jpg

Top Bottom