The Tiger – My Tata Tigor XZA

One small caution Nairji. Be careful with bonnet holder socket, the one to which the bonnet holder is clung. It is very flimsy and easy to break. Be gentle with it. Mine broke in the first week only and I've seen this happening with some other Tigor owners too. Though nothing alarming in it, just thought to inform you. A new one costs Rs. 10-15. [:)]

Thread Starter #17

Nairrk

Honoured Member
One small caution Nairji. Be careful with bonnet holder socket, the one to which the bonnet holder is clung. It is very flimsy and easy to break. Be gentle with it. Mine broke in the first week only and I've seen this happening with some other Tigor owners too. Though nothing alarming in it, just thought to inform you. A new one costs Rs. 10-15. [:)]
Thanks - will take care.!

Thread Starter #18

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Re: Tata Tigor Review & Pictures: Tata's Tiger

Took my car today to the RTO for permanent Registration. Done 84 kms - as per MID the FE is 13.1kmph (100% A/C) and around 4/5 kms slow moving traffic). Tried City, Sport and manual mode.

City mode is not that good in highways hence most of the time used Sports mode. Found momentary lag in speed while shifting gears in auto mode. All in all manual mode seems convenient, as of now.[:)]

Further, during delivery, I found that front left side door was not properly closing(need to use little strength to close - the thud sound was not there) and the SE told me that it can be checked when we taking the car for registration (RTO office and Dealer main office is within 3/4 kms distance). Accordingly, shown the car to them today after visting the RTO and mechanic did some adjustment job but could not repair or adjust it properly. They need the car for more time hence will have to send the car again..[frustration]

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Further, during delivery, I found that front left side door was not properly closing(need to use little strength to close - the thud sound was not there) and the SE told me that it can be checked when we taking the car for registration. Accordingly, shown the car to them today after visting the RTO and mechanic did some adjustment job but could not repair or adjust it properly. They need the car for more time hence will have to send the car again.
Sir, this door closing issue was there even in Tiago at the time of launch and more recently, found the same issue even in the NRG variant too. I thought TML would have taken care of the same but your concern highlights it again. Get the same checked at earliest.

Regards

Akash

Congrats again Sir, Wish you many Happy Miles with your car.
The car looks exact replica of mine (twin sister).
No remote was provided with the ICE.

Thread Starter #21

Nairrk

Honoured Member

Sir, this door closing issue was there even in Tiago at the time of launch and more recently, found the same issue even in the NRG variant too. I thought TML would have taken care of the same but your concern highlights it again. Get the same checked at earliest.

Regards

Akash
I have taken up with higher up people in the showroom and shown my concern and displeasure - they promised taking the issue and requested me to give the vehicle for a day as per my convenient. In any case I need to send the car because the reverse camera fixed in a wrong place. see the ss:

002.JPG
(the camera fitted under the body and any small children can take out it easily)

003.JPG
(see the gap/alignment betwee the two doors)

Akash1886

Honoured Member

I have taken up with higher up people in the showroom
View attachment 248517
(the camera fitted under the body and any small children can take out it easily)

View attachment 248518
(see the gap/alignment betwee the two doors)
This isn't good. The dealer guys messed up the fitting of cam. A minor bump or even a pebble hit can break it. Needs to be placed under the chrome stripe at rear. As for the door, the rubber fitment in the rear door and alignment are not fixed. I suppose lifting up of the door or maybe removing the door and re-aligning the same to the margin of front door will be better.

Regards

Akash

I have taken up with higher up people in the showroom and shown my concern and displeasure - they promised taking the issue and requested me to give the vehicle for a day as per my convenient. In any case I need to send the car because the reverse camera fixed in a wrong place.

see the gap/alignment betwee the two doors
This isn't good. The dealer guys messed up the fitting of cam. A minor bump or even a pebble hit can break it. Needs to be placed under the chrome stripe at rear. As for the door, the rubber fitment in the rear door and alignment are not fixed. I suppose lifting up of the door or maybe removing the door and re-aligning the same to the margin of front door will be better.

Regards

Akash
The camera has to be drilled in the bumper or can be fixed with an attachment above the number plate. The chrome garnish above number plate is too thick and hard to be drilled to fit the camera there. Even I was in dillema where to fit the camera?

The door has an alignment issue, it can be fixed with adjustments.

Thread Starter #24

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Couple of posts wrongly posted on other thread thinking that was my thread (confusion as many Tigor ownership review threads[roll])

I have mentioned about wrong fixing of the reverse camera etc.

On the chrome garnish above number plate, there was circled cut area which I think can be removed easily, instead of making a fresh hole on the chrome garnish using the grill machine, and can fix the camera there (its the same place where reverse camera fixed in the XZO variant)

005.JPG

I have shown this to the guy who did the camera fixing and suggested to do it there.

Congrats again Sir, Wish you many Happy Miles with your car.
The car looks exact replica of mine (twin sister).
No remote was provided with the ICE.
Thanks dear

Yes, I too have clarified this with the Showroom guy - no remote for ICE.

Couple of posts wrongly posted on other thread thinking that was my thread (confusion as many Tigor ownership review threads[roll])

I have mentioned about wrong fixing of the reverse camera etc.

On the chrome garnish above number plate, there was circled cut area which I think can be removed easily, instead of making a fresh hole on the chrome garnish using the grill machine, and can fix the camera there (its the same place where reverse camera fixed in the XZO variant)

I have shown this to the guy who did the camera fixing and suggested to do it there.
Mentioned in the other thread too. Be very careful to drill a hole there as this piece is very brittle and entire thing may break. I pondered over this for a long time and asked the fitter to drill a hole in bumper in the reverse sensor line and fit in the camera. Other option is to fit above the number plate with a attachement like this -

Attachments

Thread Starter #26

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Thanks anshuman

I have just checked the Ownership review (post no.10 of the thread:) of Akash's Tigor XZO and camera fixed on his car is in the same place i.e under the chrome garnish - see picture:

and it is the same place the space (circled cut) provided on my car (same chrome garnish above number plate) also - see image:

001.JPG

So, knowingly, Tata has given the space particularly for the camera set up and these guys fixed under the body which for them convenient or easy job.[anger]

^^ I know this as I explored earlier check post #156 of the same thread you mentioned above, but the OEM chrome panel comes pre-drilled. But doing manual drill might be risky, that is my point. The installer has to be very careful while drilling.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #28

Nairrk

Honoured Member
^^ I know this as I explored earlier check post #156 of the same thread you mentioned above, but the OEM chrome panel comes pre-drilled. But doing manual drill might be risky, that is my point. The installer has to be very careful while drilling.
Yes I know. But on the circled part already almost 75% of the chrome part is cut and only left little bit which may come out with a minor drilling (clear in 2nd picture). Anyway it is their concern to fix it properly but without damage to the car. I will be sending the car on friday to re-fix the camera and do the door alignment.

Thread Starter #29

Nairrk

Honoured Member
4 audio reminder features (beep sound) found today (may be aware to most of you)

Beep sound comes up, when:

=After parking the car at night, remove the key & open the door before switching off the headlight

=After engine off, open the door without removing the key from ignition switch

=Not wearing the Seat belt- once the speed reaches 20kmph

=If you move the car without releasing the parking brake lever

Thread Starter #30

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Front side left door alignment done and now closing properly

001.JPG

Reverse camera fixed under Chrome garnish above the number plate. They were not able to fix it on the Circled part of the Chrome Garnish because they say the camera face is smaller than the hole and they don't have a any supporting material to fill up the hole. This is also not proper, but no other way unless go to some private installation guys. Will see later.

003.JPG

Purchased one set of rubber foot mat from local accessory shop. Price Rs.1000 for full set.

007.JPG

Present ODO reading:

008.JPG
009.JPG

Couple of full size photos of my Tiger

004.JPG

006.JPG

Top Bottom