The Tiger – My Tata Tigor XZA

@Suryaputhra
Disconnect both positive and negative cables from the battery for at least 12 hours like one night, connect them again and see if problem solved.
Thank you for the suggestion, tried it, disconnected the battery for 12hrs and the Tigor did not show up the issue there after, also contrary to what many people say(post EGM reset) there is no negative/adverse change felt in driving(power snapping, lower pickup, the mid also shows good mileage). So overall the driving experience remains unchanged at the same time the abrupt acceleration issue has vanished.

@Suryaputhra

Thank you for the suggestion, tried it, disconnected the battery for 12hrs and the Tigor did not show up the issue there after, also contrary to what many people say(post EGM reset) there is no negative/adverse change felt in driving(power snapping, lower pickup, the mid also shows good mileage). So overall the driving experience remains unchanged at the same time the abrupt acceleration issue has vanished.
Good hear your problem solved. If any technical queries feel free to ask me.

Thread Starter #153
Steering wheel sound - update

Yesterday I got a chance to drive her out for about 18kms. The drive was smooth and the sound came when turning the car (left, right and U-turn etc.).
Today morning, I checked the steering, and I could realize that the sound is reduced and it comes only on initial movement and no sound when turning full right or left. .

I Hope, maybe, in another couple of drives may sort out the sound problem !

Shall keep you all updated.

Thread Starter #154

Took her twice since last drive and driven about 24kms. First it was on 31st August and while going out from home the sound was very low, but had to park the car under the sun for about 3 hours. While we returning back from that place the sound increased (even a small movement produced that sound). Just came home and parked her.

Today took her out for taking PUC (around 5kms drive). The sound has again come down (say 80% reduced). Now, from the last 2 drives, I found that the sound has gone up when she was parked under the sun and the sound came down on its own in last 3 days when she was parked under the covered parking.

Is that excess heat, the cause of the sound?

Thread Starter #156

Did not drove her out anywhere since my last small trip (as said in post no. 154), but it's been raining here since yesterday and the weather becomes cool now. Checked steering wheel and 99% sound disappeared. Now having only a very minor sound in the initial movement.

So, it seems to idle the car for long with hot weather outside, resulting the sound? Will check/discuss this on the next service. .

Thread Starter #157
Last week I bought an anti slip PVC pad for dashboard. It comes in black colour good firm grip and can hold cell phones, sunglasses, keys and miscellaneous small items. It properly fits on the centre of the dashboard where there is a small deep area which seems made for this accessory.

Backside of the pad is very shiny (black). Looks like it weighs around 50/60gms. Price Rs.245 all inclusive.

Mat dimension: 18.5X12.5X1.5 cm (actual)

Kept my smartphone on top of it and took the car for small drive.. Applied sudden brakes and sharp left/right turn, etc. but the phone did not move at all from the pad.

DSC09680.JPG

DSC09681.JPG

DSC09684.JPG

Back side of the pad

+

DSC09685.JPG

Centre of the Dashboard where the pad has to be placed

DSC09689.JPG

DSC09691.JPG
The pad fits perfectly in that space​

This is how the seller describes the product: This Imported Non Slip, Anti Slip, Anti Skid Mats/ Pad has been exclusively designed to be placed on your Car Dashboard helps you keep your mobile safe on the dashboard or anywhere in the car while you are driving. It keeps your phone from slipping anywhere and it's texture enhances your car's interior.

Top Bottom