The Tata Sierra Restoration Project

hmm so a bulky manly machine is changing its looks, wish your client could take some suggestions from many here and not make it look worst.All the best for your new project buddy, awaiting to see the process.
Any thing either then 4 doors your client needs?

Thread Starter #17
hmm so a bulky manly machine is changing its looks, wish your client could take some suggestions from many here and not make it look worst.All the best for your new project buddy, awaiting to see the process.
Any thing either then 4 doors your client needs?
Thanks vijay.

Apart from that what is needed is xenon's front view.

From morning i am traveling about 70kms + to get a door hinges.

Is that so difficult to get a sumo hinge? Not even one is the dealer place.

Thread Starter #18
almost rough work complete

Hope the work to be completed soon
just took up this dusty thread to post new pictures

the other side which is in construction

left side is painted black to find out surface corrections

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Project Tata Sierra

Ilagno superb thread buddy. My dad owned a Sierra and a Estate few decades ago when i used to be a small kid. BTB you can hve tried to add a Wing door instead of 4 door.

Oh , cant wait to see the finished car! But i think wing door would have looked better than the normal doors!

Brings to memory my TATA Sierra , the car in which i learnt driving first!

Hi Forum members,

let me introduce myself, I am the owner of the above Sierra and Ilango's customer.

Thanks for all your opinion about this project.

Hopefully this project is coming well till now.

Ilango's involvement and his man's skill will for sure make our idea to come well.

wait and see.

Hello Hari,

Welcome to The Automotive India. We would love to know more about your ownership experience of this wonderful car. Feel free to start a new thread about the same.
Enjoy your stay.

Cheers,
Akash

350Z

Core Team

Fantastic. I didn't know that the lucky owner of this Sierra is also on our forum. Welcome onboard, Hari. Do share your experience whenever you get this car delivered, and good luck to Ilango. Looking forward to see the Sierra with final touch.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Welcome onboard Hari and enjoy your stay.good to see someone taking good care of their old vehicles and refinishing it.It would be great if you could share what exactly you are looking forward to see the changes done in your vehicle where members can also suggest some options required for that work.And yeah illango is a perfect person you've met for your work guaranteed.

Oh so Hari , you are are the owner of that fabulous car! What all other mods have you planned?

And with Ilango around no worries , 100% guarantee that the work will be perfect!

Thanks guys

First I just got this vehicle some 6months before - used it for a month or so and gave to Ilango.

Before that I did some engine refinement. Initially I planned to port a safari engine.

But considering the registration issues when we exchange the engine, I thought to something else.

Rebored the engine with little extra volume and paired that with safari head assembly.

Now my engine become almost equal power of safari but with same sierra engine.

Also changed few others parts like Air filter assembly, Free flow exhaust - to sync up for increase in volume.

Thinking of some other performance improvements if somebody suggest :)

Top Bottom