The Swift boy!

Thread Starter #1
Hi friends!

First of all i would to thank the staff for creating such a great site. This is a good places for us, Indians to share our experiences.

Well after a long wait, in september we bought our first car, maruti swift lxi. Earlier we looking forward to a 2nd hand car but father was not at all interested in it and here are some pics which i would like to share with you all.

First four pics: 3-4 days before the delivery of my car
5th: The day of delivery
6th: First service
7th: Wheel caps (Rs 350)
8th & 10th: Body side moulding(i dont know exactly what it is called but the seller was calling it beading)
9th: New no. plate (the one which dealer gave us was uber cheap so i got it changed and it seemed best to my eyes. Rs 300)
11th-12th: Front-rear body moulding/beading (Rs 200)
13th: Steering wheel cover (Rs 350)

Please feel free to ask me anything related to me and my car [cheers]
Regards

Attachments

Hello Sunny,

Welcome to The Automotive India. Glad to have you here. Your Swift looks super cool with those wheel caps. Do get the pillar taping done which would enhance the look even more.
Wish to see your active participation aboard. Enjoy your stay here.

Cheers,
Akash

350Z

Core Team
Another Delhi’te? :smile: Welcome in The Automotive India, Sunny and Many congratulations for purchase of your New Swift. She looks decent and beautiful in white. Do feel free to create a separate thread to share its Purchase / Ownership experience, and also please visit the Announcements section once to get familiar with forum policies as well as features. In case you require any assistance, we are right here, so simply contact us. Have a pleasant stay.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #4
Hello Sunny,

Welcome to The Automotive India. Glad to have you here. Your Swift looks super cool with those wheel caps. Do get the pillar taping done which would enhance the look even more.
Thanks Akash! Actually i went to Shiva Arts near Janakpuri for 3 times but i was totally out of luck. I am looking forward to find a vinyl guy in Lajpat Nagar now, please let me know if you have knowledge about any shop there.
Another Delhi’te? :smile: Welcome in The Automotive India, Sunny and Many congratulations for purchase of your New Swift. She looks decent and beautiful in white. Do feel free to create a separate thread to share its Purchase / Ownership experience, and also please visit the Announcements section once to get familiar with forum policies as well as features. In case you require any assistance, we are right here, so simply contact us. Have a pleasant stay.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Thanks 350Z! This is a great place and i am already enjoying it. I went through your rules and i hope mostly everything but pardon me if i have made any mistake. I will be regular here.

Thanks Akash! Actually i went to Shiva Arts near Janakpuri for 3 times but i was totally out of luck. I am looking forward to find a vinyl guy in Lajpat Nagar now, please let me know if you have knowledge about any shop there.
Friend i am from Nagpur. Maybe 350Z can help you out. BTW you can get it done at any shop which does no. plate works.

Hello Sunny, welcome on board. You got one of the prefered car, that too in my favourite color [:)] Have a pleasent stay here. And don't forget to share your experiences with us.

Thread Starter #7
I am surely going to make a special thread with all my experience with this car, just taking some time :P
Friend i am from Nagpur. Maybe 350Z can help you out. BTW you can get it done at any shop which does no. plate works.
Oops! Sorry for my ignorance.
Hello Sunny, welcome on board. You got one of the prefered car, that too in my favourite color [:)] Have a pleasent stay here. And don't forget to share your experiences with us.
Yep! The place where i got my number plate does all this job but his worker is out of town.

350Z, do you have any recommendation on shop ?

Do get the pillar taping done which would enhance the look even more.
Sorry, I have never done this, so no idea. You can ask for others in appropriate thread.
Black pillars will look good. but i had a very bad experience with taping (vinyl). Better opt for painting it in matt black.

i recently painted my car's pillars-

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/ownership-reports/55-my-scorpio-vlx-powered-mhawk-14.html

and see the earlier pics here-

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...y-scorpio-vlx-powered-mhawk-10.html#post37753

the vinyl keeps peeling off after some months. yes, it also depends on how professionally they do the job but some day or the other, it may peel off.

OT-
Black pillars will look good. but i had a very bad experience with taping (vinyl). Better opt for painting it in matt black.
Yes thats a good idea.

the vinyl keeps peeling off after some months. yes, it also depends on how professionally they do the job but some day or the other, it may peel off.
Make sure if you are going for taping either get it done from a good shop or if you are doing it yourself(like ME), get the matte vinyl which has lesser thickness. Even a glossy finish would look great since it very well merges with the glass area. Have a look at my car with glossy Vinyl.

Attachments

Top Bottom